Windows 10: Malwarebytes stops computer

Discus and support Malwarebytes stops computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been running Malwarebytes on my wife's laptop since we purchased it. I do also run NIS. Everything was fine until a later 8.1 update. Possibly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by glennc, Dec 30, 2015.

1. glennc Win User

Malwarebytes stops computer

I have been running Malwarebytes on my wife's laptop since we purchased it. I do also run NIS. Everything was fine until a later 8.1 update. Possibly when they quit the lifetime upgrade version. The machine became unresponsive and desktop manager showed a malwarebytes process using mostly all the CPU and Memory. I had to uninstall it to restore acceptable functioning. After the upgrade to Windows 10, I tried reinstalling it. Same issue. Uninstalled it again.
    I did try turning off all resident scans, update and protection. None of these helped. I also installed the free version with no resident anything. Worked a few times and it now is showing the same symptoms.
    I am using it on W7 Ultimate and the free version on the W10 Pro machine, I am on.

:)

glennc, Dec 30, 2015
  2. John582n Win User

Error 0xc0000018 when starting some applications

Malwarebytes AntiExploit is most likely the cause. You can quickly check this:

Right click on AntiExploit icon in the tray > Stop protection

Test run Waterfox and CMD.

To fix the problem:

Uninstall Malwarebytes Antiexploit

Restart the computer

Download and reinstall Malwarebytes Antiexploit

Have you recently installed or updated AntiExploit?

How long ago was the computer upgraded to Windows 10?

Was AntiExploit installed on the previous system?

John582n, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Dec 30, 2015
  4. Malwarebytes stops computer

Hi:

We are not seeing any similar reports over at the MBAM forum.

I would prefer to assist you over there (as @Daledoc1).

But if you wish to start here, we need a bit more system info in order to begin troubleshooting.
    Please read the following and attach to your next reply the 3 requested logs - Diagnostic Logs (the 3 logs are: FRST.txt, Addition.txt and CheckResults.txt)

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 30, 2015
  5. glennc Win User
    Hell MoxieMomma,
    I will take it to MBAM forum so as not to waste this forums time on a seemingly specific MBAM issue. Thanks and will make it over!!

glennc, Dec 30, 2015
  6. OK, I'll see you there.*Smile

To save a bit of time, I suggest running those 2 little tools first, and attaching all 3 logs to your post.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 30, 2015
  7. glennc Win User
    Good Day MM,
    Can't seem to get on to MBAM. Won't accept password and won't reset password, doesn't recognize the email, yet it shows the email in the login?
    May have to do it here... I will have to reinstall MBAM on the laptop and run the suggested tools.
    Thanks for your help!

glennc, Dec 30, 2015
  8. Malwarebytes stops computer

Hi:

Slow down a second...*Smile

Forum:
    Did you have an existing account there or are you trying to create a new one?
    Please check your browser security settings, as we aren't getting reports of login troubles.
    If you trying to get in via social media, try just logging in directly, skipping FB or T.

MBAM issue:
    Is MBAM currently uninstalled?
    If so, please just run FRST and post back with both logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) ATTACHED to your reply here in this thread. We can start with those.
    If MBAM is installed on the system now, then please also run mbam-check and ATTACH that log (Checkresults.txt), too.

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 30, 2015
  9. glennc Win User
    Hello,
    I've installed my MBAM back on my wife's computer in preparation to troubleshooting it. Now the boots to a black screen, the mouse pointer is active and it will not respond to Ctrl/Alt/Del to stop the MBAM and remove it.
    I am also unable to log on to my previously existing account on the MBAM forum.
    Thanks for any assistance

glennc, Jan 1, 2016
  10. Hi:

Thanks for the update.

MBAM forum:

If your account there is a very old one, then a likely reason that you cannot get in with your credentials is the fact that some time ago (~1 or 2 years ago?) there was a security glitch. At that time, all forum members were notified to change their credentials. So, if you never got the email and never changed your credentials, that might be why.
    The best bet will be to start from scratch -- set up a totally new account. Get it validated.
    Then, once you're in, send a PM to the forum root Admin, @AdvancedSetup, and he will straighten out your two accounts.

MBAM install/running problem:

Before we continue to troubleshoot, please advise if we are working on the same computer as this one HERE ???

If it is the same computer, then I respectfully suggest that you might want to sort out your OS issues first.
    Then we can work on getting MBAM up and running.

If it is a different computer, then it would greatly help to see at least the 2 logs from FRST, if not all 3 diagnostic logs, as requested earlier.
    Here is the link: Diagnostic Logs.
    It will only take a few minutes to run those non-invasive tools.
    I would prefer that the logs be attached, rather than posted inline, if possible.

Thank you again,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jan 1, 2016
  11. glennc Win User
    Thanks for your time and help MM!! Didn't get this till late, managed to get into my wife's laptop and uninstall MBAM. It now booting and reacting more properly. The computer with the OS problem is not the same as the laptop. I will attempt to get the forum sorted out tomorrow and possibly meet you there for your kind assistance. I will also run the diagnostics for your log inspection.

glennc, Jan 1, 2016
  12. Hi:

Forum: already discussed how to proceed.*Smile
    Let us know how it goes.

"Wife's laptop":
    just to be clear (as we are several days and several posts into this thread, with no hard data to use for meaningful troubleshooting) -- it might help if you can please remind me about the original problem.*Smile

I *think* you report:
    1) With MBAM installed -- the wife's laptop does not boot correctly into Windows?
    2) And if you uninstall MBAM, the wife's laptop does boot OK?

With any luck, we'll see you over at the MBAM forum.
    If all else fails, we can start the process here.
    But we really need a bit more information in the form of those diagnostic logs.

If you run the tools with MBAM UNinstalled from the computer in question, then we only need the 2 logs from FRST (FRST.txt and Addition.txt): 2 logs
    If MBAM *is* installed when you run the tools, then please also run mbam-check to post the resulting CheckResults.txt log, as well: 3rd log.

Thank you,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Malwarebytes stops computer

1. Malwarebytes stops computer - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes stops computer

2. Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes: just to mention about Malwarebytes, this is one guy that will not go without it I have the pro version and it is well worth the money and works seamlessly with with windows 10 antivirus, it has saved me more than once its has sent me back quite a few times after clicking on...
  3. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Nat West bank are offering customers premium Malwarebytes, would it be ok to run this along side windows defender https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/3f79d101-8fa0-487a-9557-e29eba0f5514
  4. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  5. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  6. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes does not uninstall in windows 10 settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes/898094aa-09b0-4cb1-9380-6a14790cb7a9"
  7. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Malwarebytes won't shutdown. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malwarebytes/cc6fed93-a7fe-4808-ada4-791a2603fe3c
  8. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  9. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  10. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: Can someone Please give me a good trusted free link to MailwareBytes Antispam ware No trial .Thanks Jerry *Smile 50262