Windows 10: Manage settings of PC hotspot

Discus and support Manage settings of PC hotspot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I used my PC to create an hotspot in my home, I have my ISP router but it's very poor with a lot of drops and disconnections. so i bought and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eidoil32, Mar 2, 2018.

1. eidoil32 Win User

Manage settings of PC hotspot

Hi,

I used my PC to create an hotspot in my home,
    I have my ISP router but it's very poor with a lot of drops and disconnections.
    so i bought and wifi card, intel centrino 2230 and connected him.
    I created an hotspot with the commends "netsh....." via CMD and make it works on startup.
    but, In intel site it's wrote 300Mbps speed but in phones and other computers i get 50Mbps MAX!
    sometimes internet speed is about 1Mbps..!
    there is somethins i can do? changing channel will do something and how to do that?

please help me, thank you.

:)

eidoil32, Mar 2, 2018

2. Wifi Tethering

Hi there,

So, I'd really want to use my PC as a wifi mobile hotspot to "enhance" my router's signal to a part of the house.

But here's the problem, when I go to Windows settings and then got to mobile hotspot settings and try to activate it, It says "We can't manage mobile Hotspots. Please activate Wifi" While my wifi is activated.

I know this is possible since i've done it not that long ago.

Thanks for helping

benjaminSchlachter, Mar 2, 2018
  3. Marc Cai Win User
    wifi network problem

Hi Ruturaj,

We got you on this. We need to know if you performed any changes with your phone and PC lately. Double check if you have the right password for the WiFi hotspot.

We will need to delete the current WiFi hotspot profile settings on your PC.
    Please be sure to note the current hotspot password
    . Refer to this procedure:

1. Click the Network icon on the lower right corner of your screen.

2. Click Network settings.

3. Click Manage WiFi settings.

4. Under Manage known networks, click the network you want to delete.

5. Click Forget. The wireless network profile is deleted.

Once done, you will need to reconnect to the phone's WiFi hotspot again by entering the password that you took-note of.

Feel free to update us with the changes.

Marc Cai, Mar 2, 2018
  4. Manage settings of PC hotspot

Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

How far away are these devices you are connecting to the Intel card? Is the PC with the installed Intel chip also running on wireless?

I would have just recommended buying a new router than doing this sort of setup.

Masterchiefxx17, Mar 3, 2018
Thema:

Manage settings of PC hotspot

1. Manage settings of PC hotspot - Similar Threads - Manage settings hotspot

2. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  3. mobile hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mobile hotspot setting: Hello, my asus' mobile hotspots can't connect to other device. even the IP Address and etc is correct. can you help me for this case? I have already reset my network in cmd and others but this system always can't sharing my internet network by mobile hotspot to other device...
  4. Problem with setting up hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with setting up hotspot: Previously before posting this I could set up my mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop just fine and it would work - meaning I could simultaneously use the internet on my laptop as well as my connected devices phone, tablet etc on the hotspot. I could even share a VPN...
  5. Problem with setting up hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with setting up hotspot: Previously before posting this I could set up my mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 laptop just fine and it would work - meaning I could simultaneously use the internet on my laptop as well as my connected devices phone, tablet etc on the hotspot. I could even share a VPN...
  6. Problem with setting up hotspot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. PC Mobile hotspot.

PC Mobile hotspot.: Hello. I apologise for the simplicity of this question.I have a new Laptop and I tried to connect for mobile hotspot yesterday, however it was not the same way to do as my last.Anyway, so now I see I can select Mobile Hotpot in Control panel............then share. However I...
  8. Can't change hotspot setting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change hotspot setting: [ATTACH] My hotspot settings don't show the network name or the password anymore. I installed the drivers for the xbox 360 wireless dongle and after that I cannot change or see those settings. Any help would be appreciated :)...
  9. Hotspot settings

Hotspot settings: I just got connected to wired internet which I want to share with a friend through hotspot. I've done all the necessary settings, but whenever my tries to connect, he gets "unable to obtain IP address". Can someone else help me?...
  10. pc hotspot

pc hotspot: updated to 1809 and the pc mobile hotspot app is still saying it cant setup a connection because it doesnt detect an internet connection. i had a remote session with support yesterday for close to 2 hours with the update being the thing that was suppose to fix it for sure but...