Windows 10: managing language preference

Discus and support managing language preference in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I've got some ergonomic problem because I have to change my language preferences often and the "alt+maj" shortcut is wrong. I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NilCouv, Jul 31, 2018.

1. NilCouv Win User

managing language preference

Hello,

I've got some ergonomic problem because I have to change my language preferences often and the "alt+maj" shortcut is wrong.

I had to deactivate this shortcut because it conflicts with video game controls and I'm unable to reassign the shortcut freely.

I waste my time by going in the taskbar to change my language preference because I write in both French and English, and the language preference are used to set up spell checker for several software. And also because some early access game need a QWERTY keyboard configuration.

My configuration:

• Win10 Pro (country: Belgium, Language: French(France) )
    • Two language pack are installed ("French[FRANCE]" and "English[USA]")
    • 3 keyboard configurations ("French- AZERTY", "English-QWERTY" & ""English-AZERTY")
    • The "maj+alt" shortcut is deactivated due to the conflict with game controls.

The result is:

• French - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - AZERTY (needed)
    • English - QWERTY (needed)
    • French (Belgium) -AZERTY (don't needed and I don't want it. it's due to the country setting… -_-)

managing language preference f6dbdde7-7016-40ae-aeea-e764a7275d31?upload=true.png

So the ergonomy is deeply inefficient. Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Sincerely.

:)

NilCouv, Jul 31, 2018

2. Language change

Hi Peter,

It could be that the language pack is missing on your Windows 10 device. With this, we suggest that you try to add the language on your device. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Clock, Language, and Region.
    • Under Language, select Add a language.

You may also check the Change input methods on which language are currently installed on your device. You may also click Add a language on the
    Change your language preferences window.

Let us know how it goes and feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

PreciousLeb, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Language

Hi Sassy,

To remove the Croatian language in Windows 10, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Open the Settings app, select Time & Language, and click
      Region & Language
    • Under Add a language, select English, and click
      Set as default
    • Select the Croatian language and click Remove.
    • Close the Settings app, restart the computer, and check if the issue persists.

Let us know if the steps provided worked for you.

Genevieve Cri, Jul 31, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot remove language in "language preferences" after win10 update

Hi Spiros, there is a known bug in the 1803 version of Windows 10. Microsoft are aware of this issue and hopefully are working on a patch . . .

For the moment, please try this workaround to set your preferred input language:

Right click your Start Button, choose Powershell (admin)

Run this command to get a list of installed languages on your PC

Get-WinUserLanguageList

Note down the LanguageTag of your preferred language

If say, your preferred language is US English, run this command and hit Enter:

$1 = New-WinUserLanguageList en-US

Then run this command to set the order of installed input languages

Set-WinUserLanguageList $1

Close Powershell and restart your PC

DaveM121, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. managing language preference - Similar Threads - managing language preference

2. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  3. Language Preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language Preference: Hi!Problem looks like little, but at least its painful. I have only two languages in settings. but i have 4 languages in use: 3 language from bottom are changeable By Shift + Alt.2 language from top, are changeable by Shift + Ctrl, this made a new problem, now Ctrl + Shift +...
  4. language preference

in Windows 10 Customization
    language preference: How do i change it so i can only switch between NOB and ENG? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/language-preference/f03cfc54-a832-4641-80cf-759b9aefaad7
  5. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hi, I used to have a 2nd language pack installed but i removed it recently and now when i log in the language is accessible with the Win + Space shortcut but isn't listed in laguage preferences also it somehow switches to that language without me using the shortcut. Can...
  6. Language preferences

Language preferences: How can I set up Microsoft IME in my new PC. Control panel does not have "language preferences" as in the older version where I could assign Microsoft IME setting. I need to add Japanese language....
  7. languages preferred

languages preferred: [IMG]Hi Why does African language often appear on languages preferred even though I have not chosen them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/languages-preferred/50fcf12c-88a7-455e-b2af-cb0c7f9b8664
  8. Language preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language preference: Hi, Does anyone know how to change the language for apps? Some of my apps are in English and some in Dutch. Although I speak both languages, I prefer to use just English. Somewhere I must have indicated Dutch, but I don't know where or how to change that information again....
  9. Language Preferences

Language Preferences: Hey there, I have a problem with my Language/Keyboard preferences. Somehow, I am shown two English keyboards, while only one is properly installed (see the screenshots below). Is there a workaround to fix this? Thanks and best regards! [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  10. Language preferences

Language preferences: I recently bought a new laptop with Windows 10 on it , I changed the language from Dutch to English via settings but I am still seeing words here and there in Dutch.This might not sound like a very big problem but for me it is rather distracting.I also changed the system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. managing language preference