Windows 10: Manual updates possible or not

Discus and support Manual updates possible or not in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there Is it possible to manually install updates. I don't like this "Dumbed down" methodology as you might with very good reason not want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jimbo45, Feb 1, 2015.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Manual updates possible or not

Hi there

Is it possible to manually install updates. I don't like this "Dumbed down" methodology as you might with very good reason not want to install "all possible updates".

You can't (or I can't find it) even get a history of your updates -- another retrograde step.

This is one area that has definitely regressed -- what happens if you have say 6 computers --do I need to download say a new build 6 times for the computers. There won't always be ISO's available as far as I can see if this automatic update becomes the norm.

I suppose this is all because of that stupid "Store" system copied from Apple and Google. Those businesses have a different business model. Ms doesn't need to go that route.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Feb 1, 2015

2. E66: Is manual screen rotation possible?

no you can rotate images when usin camera thats all

techbuzzireland, Feb 1, 2015
  3. prepecenc Win User
    E66: Is manual screen rotation possible?

I would use the rotate when browsing the net, but i did not find a way to use landscape view in the browser.

prepecenc, Feb 1, 2015
  4. tinmar49 Win User

You are right, updates have been dumbed down, if it keeps going this way, I may end up preferring W8.1

tinmar49, Feb 1, 2015
  5. Winuser Win User
    Updates are going to be automatic in 10 TP. I hope this changes when 10 goes final.

Winuser, Feb 1, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    It's quite likely, when Windows 10 goes final, these options will change:

Manual updates possible or not [​IMG]

However, as time goes by and the 'native' side of Windows keeps diminishing, I'm afraid we'll be getting more and more of our updates from here:

Edwin, Feb 1, 2015
  7. Mystere Win User
    Updates are mandatory in the TP so that Microsoft can ensure everyone is using the most recent builds. It makes no sense for them to get feedback and telemetry from older builds where problems may already be fixed.

If an update breaks your system, then then you will have to wait until they fix that... that's part of what being a beta tester means.. sometimes your system breaks. You go back to your production version of Windows and wait for a new release.

It's a lot of extra work for Microsoft to sift through reports and updates from 6 ages old versions where things have been fixed a long time ago. They rightfully say, if you want early access to this, then you must always use the most recent stuff.

It will not be this way in the final release. And probably not even in the Consumer preview.

Mystere, Feb 1, 2015
  8. Manual updates possible or not

ThrashZone, Feb 1, 2015
  9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Has HISTORY or List installed updates gone -- I can't find it on build 9926.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 2, 2015
  10. History is there - in advanced, but it's useless.

Windows update will have to revert to the Control Panel - but MS is playing with everything.

I submitted feedback
    - WU is brain dead - please fix it so I can easily see what's been installed, what is offered, and all the other good information that has been lost in the 9926 WU. I can't provide service my clientele without this information!

Bill

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2015
  11. Go to >settings>update and recovery>advanced: should give you a list of installed updates.

toppergraph, Feb 2, 2015
  12. werty Win User
    Hi, to bring back Windows Update in Control panel follow this steps in registry editor:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX]
    "IsConvergedUpdateStackEnabled"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsUpdate\UX\Settings]
    "UxOption"=dword:00000000

Now Windows update is back in Control panel and you can configure which updates to install and which to hide.

Note: this is a registry hack and Microsoft recommends not doing it. Use it on your own risk.

Good luck,

werty, Feb 2, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

These tweaks will break your Build Flight, you won't get your new build at 4:00PM(EST) today! *Wink
    Also, by the time you install W10TP and get in there to perform the tweaks, all the updates are already installed anyway.

Edwin, Feb 2, 2015
  14. Thanks werty, I added your reg edit to tips & tricks
    I built two reg files - toggle WU between Cpl and UX
    https://www.tenforums.com/general-dis...tml#post190055

Bill

Slartybart, Feb 2, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
    These tweaks will break your Build Flight, you won't get your new build at 4:00PM(EST) today! *Wink
    Also, by the time you install W10TP and get in there to perform the tweaks, all the updates are already installed anyway. Hey @Edwin,

I still show the Build Flight enabled and seems to be working below for me with Windows Update added to the Control Panel. Where did you get that it broke this for reference?

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3...dows-10-a.html

Brink, Feb 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Manual updates possible or not - Similar Threads - Manual updates possible

2. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Updates: Is there a way to install updates manually instead of Windows installing them automatically? I don't really trust Microsoft after that hidden update that upgraded computers to Windows 10....
  3. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  4. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Manual Update: I am using Acer Nitro 5 AN515-57 and i haven't got windows 11 update so should i update it manually? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/manual-update/ed7f50fb-cdb1-491a-a795-420a9fee9abb
  5. Manual Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Manual Update Possible?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  7. Manual Update Possible?

Manual Update Possible?: I just checked my desktop computer. The Windows Update shows 2 Updates. One says STATUS: Pending Install. The other says STATUS: Installation 100%. Its been sitting like this for 2 days. Anyway to get it to install when I want it? Like "press here to install now" button? 183849
  8. Manual Updates

Manual Updates: I have experienced unresolved update problems with 2 laptops running 1803, one of which has now downloaded update 1809 automatically. I see from the media that there have been / are problems for many users with 1809 and I have delayed the installation in Settings. However...
  9. Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?

Possible to disable Windows10 auto-updates, and opt for manual?: The major WIn10 updates - 'creator' update, 'fall update', 'spring update' - those ones. Is there an option to manually decide to postpone them, or skip til next one? Thanks....
  10. Manual Update?

Manual Update?: How do I do a manual Windows 10 update? thanks 16379