Windows 10: Manual updating Win 10

Discus and support Manual updating Win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Since that KB4023057 issue, I have disabled windows update service for a month or more, then I plan to enable it again. In the meantime I visit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Motim, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Motim Win User

Manual updating Win 10

Hello,
    Since that KB4023057 issue, I have disabled windows update service for a month or more, then I plan to enable it again.
    In the meantime I visit microsoft update catalog if there are some new updates for my system, right now found two.
    Shell I download and install them manually (one by one) or wait when I enable the service, but then maybe will have again the KB4023057 problem again.
    Answers will be appreciated.
    Thanks

:)

Motim, Aug 11, 2018

2. Win 10 1607 update

Installed the update manually at the the moment everything is bueno.
    It seems that Microsoft has a big problem in there update department windows 7 update has problems win 8 update has problems. Windows 10 update is so-so.

Countryside, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Aug 11, 2018
  4. dcf-joe Win User

Manual updating Win 10

Win 10 1607 update

I just went here: Microsoft Update Catalog and downloaded the update manually because my Windows 10 update was stuck at 48%.

Keep in mind, you must use Internet Explorer to manually download the update. Edge will not work. The first download link is for 64-bit. The third download link is for 32-bit.

dcf-joe, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Manual updating Win 10

1. Manual updating Win 10 - Similar Threads - Manual updating

2. Manual Updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Manual Updates: I have experienced unresolved update problems with 2 laptops running 1803, one of which has now downloaded update 1809 automatically. I see from the media that there have been / are problems for many users with 1809 and I have delayed the installation in Settings. However...
  3. Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops: Hello, I work for a small company and we purchase and resell refurbished Lenovo laptops that our customers use with the equipment that we manufacture. As the most computer savvy employee, I've been updating and activating each batch of laptops as they arrive. As I'm sure we...
  4. Can I manually push through other updates while a Windows 10 1803 update is running

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I manually push through other updates while a Windows 10 1803 update is running: I have 2 updates that haven't been installed on my Toshiba computer yet, one from February and one from March. The windows 10 1803 update is still running. Can I manually push these through and if so, how do I do it?...
  5. Manually update windows 2016 from 1607 to 1803

Manually update windows 2016 from 1607 to 1803: Hello I have looked on the 'catalog' and cannot seem to locate a 'update' that will upgrade/update/get my server from 1607 to 1803 in a single download. Is there a way to locate or do this? I am trying to avoid letting 'auto update process' do this so very slowly and...
  6. Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy: Hi folks Finally an email client has done something sensible -- restored the ease of configuring email accounts manually. Thunderbird V60 works perfectly on Windows with several accounts on IMAP. The only thing to beware of is if you use your own mail servers (often if you...
  7. Install updates manually

Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a
  8. I need to manually apply the October 2018 Windows 10 Update as the automatic process will...

I need to manually apply the October 2018 Windows 10 Update as the automatic process will...: Does anyone have a link similar to that which I used for the September 2018 as shown here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-manually-apply-the-october-2018-windows/13a3c83e-b9c0-4ad0-befc-9f1d01847a27
  9. How to install updates manually?

How to install updates manually?: I have started Windows 1809 update. But the internet connection was quite slow so I shutdown my system at 48% (downloaded). But when I have turned on my system to continue downloading, it says "You're up to date".[ATTACH] But when I checked the update history it shows...
  10. How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ?: How to manually select and Install updates in Windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-manually-select-and-install-updates-in/ed29032b-9d13-4224-8f2c-2e6bfea5b612