Windows 10: Manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site?

Discus and support Manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there a way to manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site? Use case: I'd like to set up my father's new notebook computer at my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by StephanP, May 5, 2016.

1. StephanP Win User

Manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site?

Is there a way to manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site?
    Use case: I'd like to set up my father's new notebook computer at my place, rather than his. I know his ssid and security key.

:)

StephanP, May 5, 2016

2. Problem with Swype and WIFI

Manually buddy, can't connect since the popup doesn't allow me to enter the WLAN Key. So I end up not being able to connect at all. Was able to during October though, without any hassles.

Vaidovesta, May 5, 2016
  3. Nokia E61 DHCP Problems

Dear all,

since 3 weeks I am an happy owner of a beautiful nokia e61.

However there is something wrong with DHCP on WLAN networks.

When I leave DHCP on (automatic ip addressing) on a WIFI profile, I get a connection timeout error. If, on the same profile, I set a manual address, everything works just fine (SIP, Web Browsing, Email ecc).

I discovered that issue with several WIFI connections that I can access without problems using laptop (in dhcp mode). The only way to connect to that networks using E61 is set a manual IP.

I even tried with my own wifi access point setting an infrastructure connection, with no security, ssid broadcasting and with dhcp enabled... always the same problem: with dhcp on E61 -> timeout, without dchp on E61 -> perfect

Any suggestions are really appreciated

Regards

Matteo

gedma---01, May 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Not really. If the computer is not connected to an access point, you cannot and should never manually put in the Passphrase for the SSID.

bro67, May 5, 2016
  5. StephanP Win User
    StephanP, May 6, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    Maybe even a simpler way would be to setup your WiFi with the same SSID and connect to that at your place and when he gets the computer to his place it should connect automatically.

Also I would install TeamViewer now and get it working to autoconnect so you can help when he is at home

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Manually enter a wifi connection profile without being on site? - Similar Threads - Manually enter wifi

2. My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress: My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress. It happened after a IT guy advised me to try and connect to a router, with manual ip connection. After i switched it back to automatic DHCP i can not connect to any wifi. ive tried reseting my...
  3. My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress: My computer can't connect to any wifi, without me manually writing the IP-adress. It happened after a IT guy advised me to try and connect to a router, with manual ip connection. After i switched it back to automatic DHCP i can not connect to any wifi. ive tried reseting my...
  4. No wifi connections being found hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No wifi connections being found hacked?: Hi There, I have a question about wifi, I have been using wifi all day in my place of work but as soon as I got home and tried to connect to my home wifi it said could not connect. When I tried again none of the available networks are showing up like they normally would. Also...
  5. No wifi connections being found hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No wifi connections being found hacked?: Hi There, I have a question about wifi, I have been using wifi all day in my place of work but as soon as I got home and tried to connect to my home wifi it said could not connect. When I tried again none of the available networks are showing up like they normally would. Also...
  6. No wifi connections being found hacked?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Mic gain keeps fluctuating without being manually adjusted

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic gain keeps fluctuating without being manually adjusted: I have an older Logitech QuickCam, which is plugged in via USB and has a built in mic. Every time I restart my computer (Sometimes even while my computer is running) my mic gain will automatically go up to 100. I turned off "Allow applications to take exclusive access control...
  8. Wi-fi connection has to be entered manually

Wi-fi connection has to be entered manually: Hello, After upgrading to version 1903 from 1803, my wireless connection cannot find my Network Adapter and has to be "connected" manually even when the "connect automatically" when in range box is ticked. This has never happened before and has to be an issue with the...
  9. WiFi Connections Not Being Found

WiFi Connections Not Being Found: On my other HP Laptop which was played with by my Grandchild,, my home wifi account can no longer be found to log on to while everyone else's in my community shows up. I suspect that it was either hidden or forgotten by mistake but I do not know how to retrieve it again. I...
  10. Windows Activated without a key being entered

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activated without a key being entered: So what's this about. I have transferred my Windows 10 Pro digital licence from my old laptop to a new laptop. This was upgraded (MS 2016 free upgrade) from a purchased RETAIL copy of Win 7 Pro (I used the Windows 7 Pro key during installation). Prior to passing the...