Windows 10: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

Discus and support Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by donnylad, Nov 19, 2017.

1. donnylad Win User

Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

How to: Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

How to Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows

Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable.

Users can use offline files (if always available offline to keep a copy of the files stored on the network on your computer. This allows users to work with them even when they are not connected to the network or a server is unavailable. The next time the user connects to the network or the server is available, their offline files on your computer will automatically sync to the network files on the server to update.

Users can also delete their existing Offline Files sync schedules at anytime.

Users will also be able to manually sync their offline files to update them as needed at anytime while connected to the network server.

See also:
    This tutorial will show you how to manually sync all or selected Offline Files for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

*note In Windows 7, the offline files feature is only available in the Professional, Ultimate, and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 8, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro and Enterprise editions.

In Windows 10, the offline files feature is only available in the Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: Automatically Sync Offline Files with Custom Sync Schedules
    • Option Two: Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center Icon on Taskbar Notification Area
    • Option Three: Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center
    • Option Four: Manually Sync Selected Offline Files from Sync Center
    • Option Five: Manually Sync Selected Offline Files Directly from Offline Files

OPTION ONE [/i] Automatically Sync Offline Files with Custom Sync Schedules
    1. For how, see:

OPTION TWO [/i] Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center Icon on Taskbar Notification Area
    1. Right click or press and hold on the Sync Center icon in the taskbar notification area, and click/tap on Sync All. (see screenshot below)

Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows [​IMG]

2. The Sync Center icon will indicate when the sync has completed. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Manually Sync All Offline Files from Sync Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Sync Center icon.

2. Click/tap on the Select All button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

3. You will now see the sync progress and status of each of your Offline Files sync partnerships until completed. (see screenshot below)

4. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

OPTION FOUR [/i] Manually Sync Selected Offline Files from Sync Center
    1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the Sync Center icon.

2. Click/tap on an Offline Files folder you want to sync selected offline files from. (see screenshot below)

3. Select one or more Offline Files sync partnership you want to sync, and click/tap on the Sync button on the toolbar. (see screenshot below)

4. You will now see the sync progress and status of each of your selected Offline Files sync partnerships until completed. (see screenshot below)

5. You can now close the Sync Center if you like.

OPTION FIVE [/i] Manually Sync Selected Offline Files Directly from Offline Files
    1. In File Explorer (Win+E), browse to your offline files that you want to sync. (see screenshot below)

2. Select the offline files you want to manually sync.

3. Right click or press and hold on these selected offline files, click/tap on Sync, and click/tap on Sync selected offline files.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

donnylad, Nov 19, 2017
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

offline files acces denied (file name database.xml)

Hi,

Access issues with offline files can be due to the changes in the configuration of the device and/or the host/server. To better understand your concern, we'd like to know the following:

• If you're using the Windows Sync Center application to access/manage your offline files.
    • If you're referring to the use of the OneDrive application.
    • If your device is managed by a domain or an organization.
    • The exact error messages that you're getting when accessing the files.
    • The version and build of Windows 10 that you're using on your device. To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this

link

In the meantime, we'd recommend performing the following steps to verify the status of the offline file access on your device:

• Search and launch Control Panel using Cortana.
    • In the Search Control Panel box, type offline.
    • Under Sync Center, click Manage offline files.
    • In the Offline Files pop-up window, check if its enabled.

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Oct 27, 2019
  3. stlsailor Win User
    How does Windows 10 conversion setup offline OneDrive files by default

When I migrate to Windows 10,

• Placeholders will be deleted from my local OneDrive folder.
    • Per folder selective sync will be available.
    But that leaves a question…

• Will per folder selective sync be turned OFF by default at conversion?
      • This means offline files on the local OneDrive folder will be orphaned.
      • Therefore, to avoid confusion, I’d need to either (a) delete them since they’re available online and since sync is off, or (b) turn on selective sync for the folder they’re in and sync all files in the folder, or (c) do nothing if OneDrive automatically deleted them in the conversion.

• Or, will per folder selective sync be turned ON by default for folders that have offline files in them, syncing all files in such a folder?

• Or, will OneDrive try to sync all folders to my local OneDrive, overwhelming the smaller drive on my laptop?
    It seems to me this would be important to know, but I've not been able to find anything on it.

stlsailor, Oct 27, 2019
  4. adel Win User

Want to move Offline Files Folder (Windows\CSC)

Thank you, but one more help, I followed your steps and it works, but now I want to restore the default sync folder and delete the new folder on D, but I couldn't delete the folder, please help Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows :)

5. Junaid_A Win User
    Offline files not syncing

Hi Ramsha,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

This could be due to the incorrect caching set for the network folder. You may want to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Open Share Properties
      of the network folder and click on Advance sharing.
    • Choose Caching and select
      No files or programs from the shared folder are available offline.
    • Save the changes and reboot the machine to see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Bree Win User
    How do I enable Offline Files in Win 10 Home without upgrading to Pro?

Me too, and I also have Home. Apparently a lot of others share your frustration.

A Microsoft representative has said that..
    ...but several others in that thread had the same "click "Manage Offline Files" under Sync Center, nothing happens" problem as you. The suggestion form another Microsoft representative was to...
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-841e46a70799

But apparently no one had a cscsvc.dll on their machine...

Edit: ...neither do I on my W10 Home machine - I do have a cscsvc.dll on my Pro machine though (and I can enable and use offline folders on that). Looks like Karthicka_R got it wrong and this is only for Pro. *Sad

Thema:

1. Manually Sync Offline Files in Windows - Similar Threads - Manually Sync Offline

2. Sync Center offline file and 0KB File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Center offline file and 0KB File: I was working on a .txt file that had lot of data.This file was a offline file and never synched and was being displayed in the sync center as an offline/sync error file. When I tried to open it today it errored out and changed to 0 bytes. I can still see the file in the same...
  3. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  4. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Offline File Sync Issues: Hello all,All of our users have their Desktop and Documents folders mapped to our file server. Sync Center recognizes this and creates offline copies of these folders' contents.Well now we have one site that is having issues. When user's log into their PCs they will only see...
  5. Offline File Sync Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. OFFLINE files and sync center

OFFLINE files and sync center: If I enable offline files on a Windows 10 laptop for files stored on windows server 2016 network drive, is option available to NEVER update server copy of any file when any client laptop re-connects to the network?...
  7. Syncing issue with offline files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Syncing issue with offline files: I turned on the option "Always available offline" for the network folder. However when I turned it off, several files that I could see before do not come up....
  8. Offline files not syncing

Offline files not syncing: I initially turned on "Always available offline" feature for one of the network folder. After turning it off, some of the files (that appeared before) do not appear at all now. Why is this and how can I fix it?...
  9. Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows: How to: Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows How to Edit Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can use...
  10. Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows: How to: Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows How to Delete Offline Files Sync Schedule in Windows Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. Users can...