Windows 10: Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates

Discus and support Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok I have posted earlier that my lenovo conexant audio driver with dolby speakers acts faulty with windows update 1803 (No sound output) and i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nIGHTmAYOR, May 7, 2018.

1. Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates

Ok I have posted earlier that my lenovo conexant audio driver with dolby speakers acts faulty with windows update 1803 (No sound output) and i have been having no luck contacting their support as apparently support now is only granted within warranty span in my region .

Now I found out that lenovo has adopted a new trend of posting which of their laptops had been "tested" on various windows updates and pointing that if device is not listed in its test result lists then it is not "eligible" for the update .

Now apparently lenovo realized that windows 10 is going to stay for a while and has no plans to continue supporting /updating all their laptops device drivers as Microsoft do their schematic changes . so all they do now is checking if what's already there would work or not . (Now I realize why this laptop is performance degraded miserably on creators fall update 1709 as its not on its eligible list)

Now this calls for a little brain storming now :

- Does this mean whichever laptop with drivers that fail to work / malfunctions on a certain windows update is stuck to previous build ?

- Will windows continue to update older windows builds as it does for the new ones security / maintenance wise ?

- Are we on verge of an era where windows users will start manipulating drivers just like linux users do all the time or maybe driver moder communities will rise to do so ?

- Can one now go back a build ? for example if i was happier with laptop's performance on build 1703 , is there a mean i can downgrade back to that build and expect windows to continue its maintenance to it ?

- Are we expecting now certain apps / programs to be released to certain windows builds with no backward compatibility ?

P.S Relaying on windows default device drivers isnt always the answer since the manufacture driver is usually more optimal with added features , applications , controllers , higher volume . one can hardly trade that for a (going by) state so please refrain from that advice .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, May 7, 2018
Thema:

Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates

1. Manufacturers discontinuing drivers release among windows updates - Similar Threads - Manufacturers discontinuing drivers

2. unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to update because "driver that locked to manufacturer specifications": My laptop is Acer Aspire E5-476G with Intel Core i5 8250U, that message appears when I want to update my driver, the manufacturer's website provides drivers that stopped being updated in 2017 https://www.acer.com/id-id/support/product-support/E5-476G/UN.GX0SD.001/downloads...
  3. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  4. Drivers from Manufacturers site.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers from Manufacturers site.: Hey, Any help is greatly appreciated!!:I have an Acer Predator Laptop.I entered my product number and yada yada..So... I have 32 drivers to install, a few documents, a few preinstalled apps and bios / firmware.And yeah, what should I do about it?...
  5. Intel Wireless Adapter Driver Discontinued

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel Wireless Adapter Driver Discontinued: Dear MSCS I have been having problems with my wifi connection, where it will lock on a saved access, but it does not last for long, turning off the "WiFi On Connector" I would like to know, is it possible to install the next upgraded driver from the discontinued version?...
  6. What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...: The title "What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS Update In Years?" pretty much says it all. The topic has recently come to light because of a post I posted yesterday where a person replying was asking about if the Drivers...
  7. Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver

Updating Monitor from "generic PnP" driver to manufacturer driver: I am trying to update my Acer Predator XB1 monitors driver. I have the file downloaded and I can locate the folder within device manager but it will not install the driver. I keeps saying "windows has determined the most up to date driver is installed already...." I also...
  8. Driver update tools vs. Manufacturer update sites?

Driver update tools vs. Manufacturer update sites?: My Asus X550CC laptop has 22 outdated drivers, according to Driver Easy (Free) but the Asus support site says my laptop is up to date. Where have these "outdated" manufacturer drivers come from if not from the technobods at Asus? And if so, why arn't they available to me from...
  9. Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics Drivers and Manufacturers: I got my Dell Inspiron laptop this past Christmas and the graphics driver installed for the A8-7410 APU w/Radeon R5 Graphics is from 2015. So is it the norm for Manufacturers to just install custom divers from the past and never update them? I have no issues I'm just a little...
  10. manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9

in Windows 10 News
    manufacturers unhappy with late release of Windows 9: Computer manufacturers are unhappy with late terms of the release of Windows 9 Asian device manufacturers are not welcome the fact that the release of Windows 9 will be held after the Christmas and New Year, that is traditionally the low season sales. As a result,...