Windows 10: Many boxes in emails (Gmail using Thunderbird) are empty - no content

Discus and support Many boxes in emails (Gmail using Thunderbird) are empty - no content in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I think this is called 'remote content' but I'm not sure. What steps might I take to remedy this situation? I realize this might be a Mozilla or Google... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Nisko, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Nisko Win User

Many boxes in emails (Gmail using Thunderbird) are empty - no content

I think this is called 'remote content' but I'm not sure. What steps might I take to remedy this situation? I realize this might be a Mozilla or Google issue - but perhaps someone can give me some options that I can't get in those forums.

:)

Nisko, Sep 11, 2017
  2. kevNJ Win User

Windows notifications don't work correctly

All methods had no effect in resolving the problem. Here's a more detailed description or say step by step scenario in reproducing what I'm experiencing.

> Open email client Thunderbird (the same can be seen with Microsoft Mail app)

> Open IE, logon to Gmail

> Compose email from Gmail account to send to email account using Thunderbird

> Thunderbird configured to receive email every minute

> Thunderbird configured to display alert, tray icon, and play sound when message arrives

> Message number one is received and notifications, alerts, and sounds are made correctly

> Message number two is sent from Gmail account

> After many minutes nothing happens (see where I'm going?)

> Open Thunderbird email client and the second message is visible

I can go on and on sending messages from Gmail to the account using Thunderbird and no new notifications, alerts, and or sounds are made letting me know new messages have arrived. Like I said, the same happens with default Mail app.

Interesting, Outlook (I'm using version 2007) doesn't have this problem.

kevNJ, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 Mail answering with a different account

Hi!

I have to use an email client at my job to manage my corporate email, and although Thunderbird could fulfill my needs I would like to try using Windows 10 native email client.

So let's say I have added a gmail account and my corporate email account to Windows 10 Mail. Is there a way to answer to an email thread sent to gmail from my corporate mail account? I know that in Thunderbird it's as easy as clicking reply and then select
    the right account in the "From" box, but I don't see that option in Windows 10 Mail.

Thank you in advance, guys.

rodhernang, Sep 11, 2017
Thema:

Many boxes in emails (Gmail using Thunderbird) are empty - no content

1. Many boxes in emails (Gmail using Thunderbird) are empty - no content - Similar Threads - Many boxes emails

2. Gmail folders empty?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gmail folders empty?: In my Gmail account all the emails placed in my folders has disappeared. I reset the laptop and recent emails placed in folders have also disappeared.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-folders-empty/6d40d8c5-a9e1-4011-918d-5c07ab1cb508
  3. Gmail folders empty?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gmail folders empty?: In my Gmail account all the emails placed in my folders has disappeared. I reset the laptop and recent emails placed in folders have also disappeared.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-folders-empty/6d40d8c5-a9e1-4011-918d-5c07ab1cb508
  4. Gmail folders empty?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  6. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  7. UNABLE TO SEND EMAIL USING GMAIL ON THIS PC, OUTGOING EMAIL GO THE TO SPAM BOX

UNABLE TO SEND EMAIL USING GMAIL ON THIS PC, OUTGOING EMAIL GO THE TO SPAM BOX: I am unable to send email using my GMAIL account, all emails end up in my spam box. How can I correct this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-email-using-gmail-on-this-pc/aa91df48-7e8f-4a19-a327-434aee690446
  8. search box is empty

in Windows 10 Support
    search box is empty: suddenly the search box is empty.... I can't run even cmd window that I need for work.... it started today....the problem....never before.... i don't even have cortana installed on my system... i tried to troubleshoot search index i restarted windows search in services i...
  9. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  10. Thunderbird Email Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Email Problem: Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address....