Windows 10: Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

Discus and support Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused. [IMG] My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Kupuna, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Kupuna Win User

Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

My PC is performing normally, but when I look at the bios boot page, I am very confused.

Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager. [​IMG]

My bios Boot section shows multiple instances of Windows Boot Manager. The actual hardware is two SSD's one older data hard drive, a CD drive and a desktop backup hard drive. The Boot SSD is labeled P3 in the photo. The second SSD (P2) is just showing in the bottom listing and in the third listing up from the bottom. The DVD is P5. The data hard drive is called out by its amount used (476694... )in three locations, and the backup desktop drive (Seagate) in 2 entries. I understand that each of these entries drops down to allow making a different sequence of boot activities, but why so many?

Why do I have this crazy quilt of "options" in my bios boot section? Why are they in this particular sequence? Why are some repeated? Why does the Seagate have listings with and without "UEFI (NTFS)? Why do some listings show the words "Windows Boot Manager" and others do not? And, to complete my display of ignorance: I figure that the Boot Manager manages the boot*Huh, but do I need these multiple listings? I can see booting from a DVD, but the other drives are not bootable.
    Thanks for trying to set me on the road to understanding.

:)

Kupuna, Jun 10, 2018
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Sayan_Ghosh Win User
    Two instances of Microsoft edge in Task Manager

Hello Joe,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

We appreciate your patience on this issue. I would like to assist you with further information from here.

This issue may also happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly
    follow the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further information, we would be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager.

1. Many Confusing Instances of Windows Boot Manager. - Similar Threads - Many Confusing Instances

2. Windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows boot manager: Yesterday I bought a new ASUS X541UV first time I turn on laptop then "please wait" windows 10 loading apear on screen, and then screen goes black like this:[ATTACH] I waited for 2 hour and I forcedly restart then preparing automatically repair apear on ASUS screen logo and...
  3. windows boot manager

windows boot manager: I wanted to dual boot my windows 10 home desktop and install windows 7 on it. I made a new partition with no problem and followed instructions from u tube on how to install windows 7 from a cd. I went into BIOS, put boot from a cd on top, and restarted computer. Put in my...
  4. windows boot manager

in Windows 10 Support
    windows boot manager: I wanted to dual boot my windows 10 home desktop and install windows 7 on it. I made a new partition with no problem and followed instructions from u tube on how to install windows 7 from a cd. I went into BIOS, put boot from a cd on top, and restarted computer. Put in my...
  5. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...
  6. Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Taskbar Icon Opening Too Many New Instances: I don't even know how to succinctly summarize this problem so I couldn't even google search it. Both my PCs run Windows 10 Pro. On one of them, when you click a the Google Chrome taskbar button...the button disappears and becomes a Chrome program instance which you can...
  7. Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t

in Browsers and Email
    Many instances of Chrome in Taskmanager- only 3 t: Guys, I've been chasing an issue that slows me down when I run Chrome, which is my browser of choice. Even when I open only a few tabs and close others as I do, it seems there remain many, many 'instances' of Chrome in Taskmanager!?? I tried a fix for this of adding...
  8. Why so many instances of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Why so many instances of Google Chrome: In Startup there appear to be five instances of Google Chrome 32-bit, and, of course, Startup is sluggish. All instances have a common modified date. The numerous instances seem to be making Startup sluggish and I am confused how they got there. As Chrome is open I cannot...
  9. UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?

UEFI or Windows Boot Manager?: I apologize in advance if I sound dense, but I'm seeing something in the BIOS that doesn't make sense to me. I have three different SSDs at this time, one each for 7, 10 upgrade, and 10 clean (the last is a slow work in progress). All of the SSDs are GPT* and SATA is set...
  10. Windows boot manager

Windows boot manager: Hi, I have win 10 pro installed on a Samsung 850 pro SSD. In Bios it lists Windows Boot Manager as the #1 option. I selected Samsung ssd as my #1 option, saved and exited. Computer will not boot. Says No OS found-insert media and restart. Did that a couple times. No Boot. Set...