Windows 10: Many Creators Upgrade Problems?

Discus and support Many Creators Upgrade Problems? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There are a plethora of problems reported across the forum following people 'upgrading' to the Creators version. It seems there are more problems than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Steve C, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Steve C Win User

Many Creators Upgrade Problems?

There are a plethora of problems reported across the forum following people 'upgrading' to the Creators version. It seems there are more problems than usual.I'm deferring my upgrade as usual to avoid being a guinea pig.

:)

Steve C, Apr 12, 2017
  2. SayedVQ Win User

Windows 10 creators update MB need.

I have windows 10 pro.How many data need to upgrade in Windows 10 creators update?

SayedVQ, Apr 12, 2017
  3. Windows Creators Update broke Miracast

Well i guess you are one of the lucky ones. For some users, it seems rolling back the wireless drivers or simply adding an exception rule in Windows Firewall resolves the issue. That aint the case for many others. Mine, and many others faced the isse after
    upgrading to Win 10 creators update. If your pc qualfy for it, Win update will give you an option to upgrade to latest version of Windows - which is the creators update. Good luck Many Creators Upgrade Problems? :)

Shuja Qureshi, Apr 12, 2017
  4. AddRAM Win User

Good choice, but the problems are minimal.

My only issue is the occasional freeze up, if it continues after a week, I`ll reimage back to 1607.

AddRAM, Apr 12, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    You stated this 3 days ago here....
    If you fear the upgrade that much don't install it. No need for insults though.

sygnus21, Apr 12, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    There is something seriously wrong with the computers at my house (about a dozen of them altogether). They all run Creator's Update with no problems at all. What could be wrong here do you think?

NavyLCDR, Apr 12, 2017
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    LoL, Your correct of course. *Smile But there was 2 small issues for me. Defender turned itself ON, when it shouldn't have. Fixed.
    #2 Fonts were way too small after updating, Fixed. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 12, 2017
  8. Bolehill Win User

Has anyone experienced problems with Chrome after applying the Creators Update?

My laptop was fine beforehand, but Chrome locks up almost immediately upon opening after the CU was applied. I've reverted to the previous version for now...

I can't see much on this forum about this specific issue, so wondering if this is a quirk on my machine that may be resolved with a clean install.

Chris

Bolehill, Apr 12, 2017
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    Chrome is my 2nd Browser, but it works fine with the Creators Update.

OldMike65, Apr 12, 2017
  10. sygnus21 Win User
    Those are minor issues and nothing that made you scream MS botched the update. That's the point NavyLCDR makes and the one I agree with. We all may have experienced some minor annoyance, but nothing that couldn't be quickly solved.

Yes, there are going to be some PC's that suffer major issues, but those will be in the minority. And of those, some will have had issues, and or was on the brink anyway, prior to updating.

I've upgraded 3 PC's - two desktops, and one laptop and have run into nothing that had me screaming "oh my god why didn't I wait till MS fixed this piece of garbage". In short... No issues *Wink

sygnus21, Apr 12, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    Same here, no issues with Chrome and I use it a lot on my laptop because the class I'm taking requires assignments to be done online, and this online site works best with Chrome. Actually it works just as well with Edge, but Chrome was suggested so...

Anyway no issues.

sygnus21, Apr 12, 2017
  12. OldMike65 Win User
    I agree....and I did post ...SMALL ISSUES too. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 12, 2017
  13. cbwilsha Win User

I tried updating to 15063.13 and later to 15063.138 from 14393.1066. In both attempts, multiple BSOD'S (Reason: Page Fault in Non-Paged Area) a day resulted where none existed before and returning to 14393.1066 was the only cure. I'm staying with 14393.1066 until more folks are taken to 15063 and the problem gets fixed.

Reported both instances in Feedback Hub.

On two other computers, upgrade to Creators was flawless.

C.B.

cbwilsha, Apr 12, 2017
  14. Bolehill Win User
    Thanks to OldMike65 and sygnus21. I'll run the update on my other two machines as a check before I run the upgrade on the laptop again.

Chris

Bolehill, Apr 12, 2017
  15. Three computers done. One as a clean install and two as upgrades. No issues on any of them.

DeaconFrost, Apr 12, 2017
Thema:

1. Many Creators Upgrade Problems? - Similar Threads - Many Creators Upgrade

2. Problem with Bing image creator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Bing image creator: I'm getting an error on Bing image creator: You can't submit any more prompts Please wait until your other on-going creations are complete before trying to create again. I've done all the usual, cleared everything and even used a new computer, but still fails. HELP PLEASE!...
  3. Fall Creators Update Problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Creators Update Problems: For more than a year, Windows has been trying to install the subject update and for that long, various incarnations of updates have failed to install on my Acer Aspire S7. The program hangs up my entire system at 1% installed so that I have no choice but to shut down and...
  4. Many many Windows 10 problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Many many Windows 10 problems: Windows 10 being hands down the worst OS I've ever had the displeasure of using, with no signs of improving, it is giving me a plethora of different critical problems with never any indication of what the causes are (previous versions were much more stable, but when errors...
  5. Lastet upgrade in many problem in windows startup

Lastet upgrade in many problem in windows startup: 1) login page not open (password Box) not display 2) then open …. windows not start menu & other apps this problem last 2 & 3 days (13-4-2019) then instant my recovery old backup restore & use ….. then temp problem temp auto upgrade off …. My Contact No....
  6. Creators update problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creators update problem.: I recently updated my windows 10 to creators edition. After the update, I am getting a black screen after windows log in with a cursor and there pc too has become quite slow. I need help asap. Specs: lenovo g50-80 Intel core i5 Amd r5 m330 Windows 10 home edition. 4...
  7. Many BSOD since Creator update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  8. Creators upgrade problems Rolled back now issues with edge and apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creators upgrade problems Rolled back now issues with edge and apps: My laptop updated to the win 10 creators edition but after the update the pc became very unresponsive, took 5 minutes to wake from sleep and took more than that to boot. I tried to find a solution to this but could not so I decided to revert to older version. I did the...
  9. Creators Update Partition Problem

Creators Update Partition Problem: I made a thread a couple of months ago commenting on the fact that, when I had to reinstall windows 10, I messed up the installation by putting everything onto one main partition, leaving the other 2 partitions unallocated. I decided not to do anything about it and leave it...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Upgrade -- Many Issues\Problems: I built a new tower at Christmas and up to now had no problems with it. It's not the best but came out well and looks nice\ runs great. Waited to last night to upgrade and had already moved everything to 2 usb's and wiped both ssd's with dban. Went I went to install windows 7...