Windows 10: Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers

Discus and support Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It seems that every restart of my router adds to Devices and Printers new router ghost. How to avoid this? [img] 81892 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vytookas, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Vytookas Win User

Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers

It seems that every restart of my router adds to Devices and Printers new router ghost. How to avoid this?

Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers [​IMG]

:)

Vytookas, Apr 13, 2017

2. Re-installing an HP 1102 wireless printer

We changed our router & with it a new network name and password.

We deleted our HP 1102 wireless printer from the list of devices.

We then set out to re-install the same printer to the new router and the Control Panel "add device" continues to find what I'm calling the ghost of the old network printer set-up, so it won't let me add the device again.

Any suggestions?

Do I need to turn off all of the computers on our network to get rid of the "ghost?"

Do I need to delete it from all the computers first?

I'm not great with this sort of thing, but I set up the network so that it works on all the devices now.

CalvinMurphy, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Devices and Printers - duplicate ghost copies of Fire TV devices

Hi,

If you're having issues with your streaming device, we recommend contacting Amazon Support for better assistance. They are the best department to talk with regarding your concern.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Ronalene Mat, Apr 13, 2017
Thema:

Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers

1. Many ghost routers in Devices and Printers - Similar Threads - Many ghost routers

2. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  3. Program Finding "Ghost" Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Program Finding "Ghost" Printers: Our in-house computer program Epicor Eagle is finding printers that claim to be on windows middle window pictured below. As you can see Windows doesn't have any record of these printers. These printers were previously installed locally or from a network device on the computer...
  4. Two many ghost accounts on sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two many ghost accounts on sign in: Have 3 account's on sigh in screen when opening computer .All of them are administrative account.They are not listed in accounts on control panel.How can I get two of them other than a complete reboot. I would lose some programs I would need to repurchase several of the like...
  5. Two many ghost accounts on sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two many ghost accounts on sign in: Have 3 account's on sigh in screen when opening computer .All of them are administrative account.They are not listed in accounts on control panel.How can I get two of them other than a complete reboot. I would lose some programs I would need to repurchase several of the like...
  6. Two many ghost accounts on sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. network ghost printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    network ghost printer: i have a ghost printer on my wireless network and it does not belong to me. never had this printer installed on my computer and can't figure out how to block it. the ip does not show up. any ideas?...
  8. Ghost router

Ghost router: A ghost router (not connected) appears in the window "Devices & Printers" multiple times. I suspect an additional ghost appears whenever Windows 10 is booted with the router switched off. Is there a way to stop these ghosts? Windows does not seem to get any ill effects....
  9. "Ghost" devices

"Ghost" devices: EDIT to save you time: This thread has some useful tools to help rid your computer of old driver packages and ghost devices. Turns out my issue was a registry problem, that was resolved on the 2nd page. ORIGINAL POST: Hey guys, I have this problem where a...
  10. HP printer on router

HP printer on router: I have an HP Photosmart printer which works just fine when plugged into a USB port. However I need to have it connected to my router so I can share it. Unfortunately Windows 10 cant see it there, either by Ethernet or wireless. Did the Google thing and the HP searches, no...