Windows 10: Many older steam games won't work after last update...

Discus and support Many older steam games won't work after last update... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After installing the most recent Windows 10 update, I have noticed that many of my favorite older games such as Hearts of Iron 3, Silent Hunter 3, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by crazydave1066, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Many older steam games won't work after last update...

After installing the most recent Windows 10 update, I have noticed that many of my favorite older games such as Hearts of Iron 3, Silent Hunter 3, and Silent Hunter 4 no longer work. Does anyone know a solution for this? I have seen other people have the same problem but nobody seems to know what to do about it.

:)

crazydave1066, Jul 19, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Steam games do not work after latest update

Hi,

Issues in launching Steam games after the Windows 10, version 1703 update may occur if Game Mode is disabled or the game components are corrupted.

To resolve your concern, we recommend that you manually enable Game Mode by following the steps below:

• Press the Windows key + G on your keyboard.
    • Select Settings in the Game bar.
    • In the General tab, select the check box for
      Game Mode.

If you are still experiencing the same issue after enabling Game Mode, please answer the questions below so we can properly isolate your concern.

• Were you asked to uninstall the Steam games before installing the Windows 10, version 1703 update?
    • Does the issue occur on other games aside from Steam games?

Loraine Mon, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Many older steam games won't work after last update...

Windows 10 Steam game crashes

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• Does the issue occur only with Steam games or all games?
    • Are you able to view videos?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card driver by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Many older steam games won't work after last update...

1. Many older steam games won't work after last update... - Similar Threads - Many older steam

2. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  3. Older Games not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Games not working: When I uninstalled a browser~1 GB I restarted my computer and went about my day as normal. When I returned, however, my PC said I had ~80 GB free I had 20 GB free before. I noticed this effect a bit later when 3 older games around 2001-2004 ish did not launch at all. I was...
  4. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  5. after last update my start menu won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after last update my start menu won't work: please advise on start menu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-last-update-my-start-menu-wont-work/9cc0d3f5-94cf-4be7-9243-510d05d6df43
  6. Older Steam game CTD on launch due to CPU having too many cores.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Older Steam game CTD on launch due to CPU having too many cores.: I'm trying to get Child of Light to run without having to limit my cores through MSCONFIG.EXE. The game will simply CTD upon launch if there are more than 16 logical cores available. Is there a way to set processor affinity for the game before it launches?...
  7. Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Older Disc Games Won't Work On Windows 10: So I have a lot of older disc games for my pc. Most of them downloaded but won't play on my Windows 10 os. I checked around and seems it's something MS added to 10 so we can't play them. This is some of what I found: DRM blocking was introduced with Win10, and Win10 is the...
  8. After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After last Cumulative Update game stoped working.: I bought and used for about a week Survivalcraft 2 on the Store. And Full Version was working just fine. Then Windows executed last 2020-04 Cumulative Update, restarted and... game returned to Trial Mode meaning it doesn't me do much anymore. Tryed everything I know,...
  9. Steam and other games won't download/work.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam and other games won't download/work.: Hello dear redditors! I woukd require your help. My brother got a new PC and windows 10 enterprise on it. The thing is when he tries to download steam a error pops up saying "Please check your connection steam needs to be online to update." and when I try to download League...
  10. Links won't work after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Links won't work after last update: Since the last update my links in my Windows Live email and several other programs won't connect anymore. Any suggestions of what I can do to fix this would be welcome. Thanks, Mary 32450