Windows 10: Map a server to a drive letter

Discus and support Map a server to a drive letter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Guys, One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing to a drive letter. he claims he uses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by imkvinayan, Jun 4, 2018.

1. Map a server to a drive letter

Hi Guys,

One of my clients ( I do a bit of freelancing) wants to map this server---------> The Eye | File Listing
    to a drive letter. he claims he uses it frequently and finds it much more easier as a drive letter..

I after a lot of researching did not find any solution....

Please help...

:)

imkvinayan, Jun 4, 2018

2. Cannot change drive letter

Hello,

I request you to try the steps below:

• Press "Windows" + "R" on the keyboard.
    • Type "diskmgmt.msc" and press Enter key.
    • Now right click on the drive and select Change drive letter or path.
    • Select the drive and click on Change.
    • Now select the drive letter and click on OK.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jun 4, 2018
  3. Cannot add/change drive letter in disk management or map network drive.

I need to connect portable HDD to my PC but the drive is not showed up.(Another PC worked normally) When I try to assign drive letter in drive management.(Volume is appeared in Disk Management as NTFS but no drive assigned) Drive letter list is greyed out except
    "Mount in the following empty NTFS folder" and map network drive also, drive list is empty. So, i don't really know what to do at this
    problem.

Yos Panagorn, Jun 4, 2018
Thema:

Map a server to a drive letter

1. Map a server to a drive letter - Similar Threads - Map server drive

2. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  3. Mapping One Drive to a drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mapping One Drive to a drive letter: I've gone through the procedure for mapping Onedrive to a drive letter. I attempt to map the drive to "https://d.docs.live.net/MyCID" , but get an "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured: Access is denied" error. I get the same...
  4. WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My Cloud Home Drive - Permanently Mapping Drive Letters: This is more of a solution post, than a question. I couldn't find the answer anywhere. == I have 2, 8-TB WD My Cloud Home devices. I was having an issue where they were swapping Mapped Network Drive Letters. I needed them to stay what they were all the time, it wasn't...
  5. Physical Drives keep loosing their Drive Letter Mapping

Physical Drives keep loosing their Drive Letter Mapping: Hello, We are using Windows 10 x64 Pro on a system that has two M.2 drives. When Windows starts up the drives are properly mapped to a drive letter. After some time the drives just disappear from the list of available drives and Windows needs to be restarted to have them...
  6. Maintaining Drive Letters & Network Mappings in Windows Explorer

Maintaining Drive Letters & Network Mappings in Windows Explorer: I have a Surface Pro 7 & want to access the SDXC drive & map a network drive in Windows Explorer. I want the SDXC drive to have the letter E instead of the default, which is D, and I want the network drive to use the letter D. I know how to map a network drive, and I know how...
  7. Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Error running executable using mapped drive letter on network drive: I have been using VueMinder calendar software for years, but recently started getting an error preventing this software from loading, when using the mapped drive letter in the path. It runs fine when using the network path (IP). Have successfully run the caspol utility,...
  8. Windows Server 2016 mapped drives

Windows Server 2016 mapped drives: I recently installed two HP ML350 Gen10 servers for two different clients. The servers are running Server 2016 Standard edition. Both environments have around 5 PC with Win10 and Win7. Both sites are having issues when accessing mapped drives. Random times throughout the...
  9. Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials

Mapped Drive not remembering server credentials: I have a mapped drive point to a static IP address for a server to enable file access when offsite. I am trying to set up a new surface pro 4 using windows 10 pro build 1803 and it keeps asking for credentials everytime i log out and in on the SP4. I mapped it in file...
  10. How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives

How to mount cloud storage as drive letters / mapped network drives: I'd like to mount Google Drive as a mapped network drive. (Then use the drive letter for programs so I can get the size of files/folders in my cloud storage, search for specific file/folders as well as able to search for file dups). I've searched online and found a...