Windows 10: Map App

Discus and support Map App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by aliskander, Dec 18, 2017.

1. Map App

I tried to install the following App serveral times over the course of several days : Map (Microsoft Corporation) but always I get the error message: "couldn't Install. We 'll retry shortly".
    I use Windows 10 Home Edition (fully Upgraded).
    Is this app obsoleted?

:)

aliskander, Dec 18, 2017

2. Map app: No map appears when I turn this app on , a circle for my location but no maps

Can you describe what do you see behind the circle? Is it a blue background? Also, can you confirm if the issue persists after a reboot?

- Analy

Analy [MSFT], Dec 18, 2017
  3. Map app: No map appears when I turn this app on , a circle for my location but no maps

Sorry Prabhavathi did not manage to get anywhere this advice my fault probably not adept at such things,Shall stick with google maps so easy

MichaelYates_937, Dec 18, 2017
  4. debsawyer Win User

Map App

debsawyer, Dec 18, 2017
  5. MrHudson Win User
    The Map APP should be already installed.
    Error message is caused from our internet. to fix that, go in power options, change to performance, then click on Change plan settings, then from there, click on the Change advanced plan settings, look for your network adapter and change it to Performance.
    Balance reduces power and gives you slow downloads and errors.

MrHudson, Dec 18, 2017
  6. thanks for that answer.

aliskander, Dec 18, 2017
  7. MrHudson Win User
    Your Welcome, I was getting the same error, changed the power settings, fix it.
    Map does come preinstalled. Turn on Location and it comes within few miles of your location.

MrHudson, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Map App

1. Map App - Similar Threads - Map App

2. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  3. Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft maps app not displaying maps and settings not working.: This is all I'm getting. So far I have Reset microsoft store; Reinstalled Microsoft maps; Enabled Location globally and for maps specifically.. Notice how I can't access any settings for downloading offline maps because they're blanked out..Any help much appreciated....
  4. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  5. Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps

Very slow access to mapped network drives in Explorer and Office Apps: I know this issue has been raised on many websites, many times. However, I still have not found a solution. I have tried every registry change and service verification, going so far as to doing a clean install of Windows.I have two very fast Synology NAS devices on my network...
  6. Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer: How do I find the usual version of File Explorer, or how do I map network drive in this version?Something changed, and all my maps disappeared....
  7. Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer

Cannot map network drive using Windows App SDK version of File Explorer: How do I find the usual version of File Explorer, or how do I map network drive in this version?Something changed, and all my maps disappeared....
  8. Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.: I am having a problem with my map app for windows 11.Since I updated windows 11, map search cannot find the address I input.Sometimes, I input the name of the business and it will find that. But residences it blows me off.It says "can't find address.Recheck spelling or edit...
  9. Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.

Windows 11 map app cannot find addresses.: I am having a problem with my map app for windows 11.Since I updated windows 11, map search cannot find the address I input.Sometimes, I input the name of the business and it will find that. But residences it blows me off.It says "can't find address.Recheck spelling or edit...
  10. Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11

Changing home address in the Maps app on Windows 11: So I had a question about Changing home and work address in the Maps app, I went to link here below:Changing home address in the Maps app - Microsoft CommunityI found nothing here helpful at changing the map!I checked my account settings and both show my current address as...