Windows 10: Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035

Discus and support Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi. I am having problems mapping my network drives in windows 10 file explorer. It is shared folders from my Qnap TS-431P NAS that I am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyrre81, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Kyrre81 Win User

Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035

Hi.

I am having problems mapping my network drives in windows 10 file explorer. It is shared folders from my Qnap TS-431P NAS that I am trying to map. This has worked for about 6 months now, but suddenly it does not work any more. I have tried two different computers with the same result.

I have tried to fix this for some days now with no luck. I have a post at a official Qnap forum, but no luck there. I have also given remote access to an Qnap official but he has not been able to help me yet either. It seems like a windows issue, but I'm not sure.

The funny thing is that I can access the NAS from its web-interface or with FTP. Works just fine .. I can also access the nas from my smartphone. But I can't map the shared folders.

Here are some things I have tried after reading about the issue.

- Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on my network adapter TCP/IPv4 protocol

- Enable SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support under 'Turn Windows features on or off'

- Turn OFF all network discovery, un-install my network adapters under 'Device Manager' (also hidden), scan for hardware changes to re-install them and then turning network discovery back ON

- Made sure the service TCP/IP NetBIOS Helper is set to automatic/running

- In regedit Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSLicensing --> Delete the folders under MSLicensing

- Local Security Policy --> Local Policies --> Security Options --> Network security: LAN Manager authentication level --> set it to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated (this was done on my win 10 pro machine)

- I have also been trying several commands in elevated powershell and CMD that I have found in different forums regarding the issue. I can't remember what it was so dont laugh at me Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 :p (pretty much just tried everything I can find)

- Disable windows antivirus and firewall

- Enable insecure guest logons under Local Group Policy Editor --> Computer Config --> Admin Templates --> Network --> Lanman Workstation

- Added the DWORD (32bit) value AllowInsecureGuestAuth 1 under Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanWorkstation\Parameters

When trying to map/connect to the NAS from file explorer this is what pops up (after pressing diagnose). I removed my NAS name from the screendump. I have also tried with \\[IP], same result.I can see the NAS in file-explorer under 'Network' but I can't connect to it.

Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 [​IMG]

When trying to map the drive from Qnap Qfinder Pro this comes up

After all the googleing and reading on forums I have done this seems like a well known issue. The only problem is that it seems there are alot of different "fixes" that work for different people. As I said, I have pretty much tried everything I have come across, but no luck yet.

Let me know what kind of logs you need. I hope someone can help *Smile I dont know enough about networking and windows to do this on my own.

:)

Kyrre81, Feb 1, 2018

2. Windows 10 explorer network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found

I've also been struggling with this issue for months.. And seems we are at the same stage in our agony.. After trying out most of the suggestions made in this thread, I managed to map the NAS via IP-adress. But in Explorer\Network\QNAP....? Error 0x80070035..
    Over, and over, and over, and over again...

So please, anyone, this is still a problem, and I would appreciate any help. Cause although I know my way around a computer, I'm not a wiz.. When it comes to registry and such, I will leave it to the up and coming.. Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 :)

Btw, I have W10 Pro, and a QNAP TS-451.

JohnPaulsen, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    Mel Tar, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Kyrre81 Win User

I eventually re-initialized the NAS. Now everything works fine .. It turned out to be some sort of problem with the NAS itself, not networking/windows. Qnap ... more like Crapnap Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 :p

Kyrre81, Feb 1, 2018
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

@Kyrre81

Góðan dag !!

Glad you fixed it -- but I agree QNAP Crapnap.

I find something like those small micro cube HP ProLiant GEN8 / GEN 10 microservers with a decent standard Linux Distro (recommend CENTOS / SUSE / UBUNTU ) infinitely better and cheaper for running a NAS than proprietary (and usually more expensive boxes like QNAP).

Those 3 distros will work straight out of the box - you don't need a mega powerful CPU for a NAS - Internet / LAN connection more important plus DECENT reliable disks . You can use other distros like MINT as well but the 3 I've given are 100% stable and ideal for running things like servers.

Just start samba - and you've got access to your files --simple !!!!!

here's 2 NAS boxes 1 HP gen 8 microserver and 1 HP gen 10 Microserver bog standard SAMBA and SATA HDD's

The Microservers are really cheap - especially if you have your own HDD's - these servers are quite small - could even be a box under your main remote TV - and not noisy - and have 4 Bays for HDD's. Easily swappable (Not hot swappable though) with USB3 / USB2 connections and 2 Ethernet ports.

I don't like the closed nature of QNAP - plus with a decent Linux distro it makes installing software a breeze. Simply ensure SAMBA is up and running and Linux Networking tends to work first time --Windows is always a bit of hit and miss.

Another advantage of the Linux solution is that you can use the software RAID (mdadm) which is far better than the usually fairly poor cheap hardware RAID implemented on a lot of NAS type boxes -- if you can boot into standard AHCI mode I.e turn Hardware RAID off and use Software RAID you'll improve the I/O on that box about a zillion times !!!! plus HDD's can be all sorts of varying sizes too with the Linux mdadm solution.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 3, 2018
  6. Kyrre81 Win User
    I have had different types of "server" through the years. The reason why I got this NAS was that a wanted a simple stand-alone unit "that just works", making it easy for all in the household to store data there from PC's, smartphones etc.
    But it seems it causes headache ... And (i think) it has gotten worse since v1607 of Windows 10.

Like I mentioned when marking this thread as 'solved' .. the NAS works now. However it seems I have to remap the shared folders from the Qnap software EVERY TIME i restart the PC. Grrr!! Neverending pile of sh***

I can get a HP E Proliant Microserver Gen 10 Entry for about 478 USD. (Edit: Or 49400 ISK. (really? Whats up with your currency?)) I have the disks. Maybe I can sell the NAS and cover some of this.
    I would have to think about that. The NAS has worked just fine, and its working now .. really only the re-map issue left solving.

Kyrre81, Feb 3, 2018
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    @Kyrre81

Gen 10 microserver around 300 EUR entry level.

Not sure where you got the ISL price from -- this type of stuff gets imported usually from UK or Germany very easily - I buy via amazon and usually pay in EUR and pick the parcel up at the Airport -- no big deal. !!! -

I can get it through customs with no tax either -- "Educational Material " !!! also no VAT as Iceland (like Norway) is in EEA and outside EU - but our tax authorities probably aren't as aggressive as yours -- ever tried buying a round of drinks in a Norwegian bar !!!!!!!. Still you could try importing tax free as "Educational Material" -- not sure about Norwegian regs though.

What I do like about using Linux is the ease I can schedule backups and then I can copy client (the Windows machines) backups to external devices too so always plenty of backup. My main server h:as nearly 20 TB of online storage on it 2 RAID 0 arrays of 2 HDD's each so 4 HDD's. I have a backup server so using RAID 0 is file as I can restore the whole kybosh if an HDD goes bonkers.

Using RAID 0 in Linux software mode (mdadm) speeds up the HDD's mega fast. Only use RAID 0 though if you take regular backups --haven't had the system fail in over 1 year on 24/7 apart from rare kernel upgrades for re-boot and HDD's have all been fine.

Connect an SSD to the spare port 5 on the box (this is where a DVD etc would be attached) with a molex power splitter and install your OS on the SSD -- system will boot from the SSD. Connect the SATA end to the mobo and the power bit to the molex splitter --mobo easily accessible for this you don't need any special tools either. For keyboard / mouse either remote connect or use USB wireless keyboard / mouse. I use remote as I can control it from laptop or even a phone (android).

These servers also have a built in video port -- the GEN 10 will support full 4K - but standard HDMI is OK too -- you'll need a display port to HDMI converter if you want to use an HDMI monitor attached to the server. You can use these as a desktop as well and the Gen 10 microserver CPU is powerful enough to run a few virtual Machines concurrently too ( Have some Windows Virtual machines running on the server as well including an Icelandic version of Windows XP as well).

For file comparisons etc GRSYNC is a nice file / directory copying program too -- can do mega loads of things but what I use it for is to copy files / directories to target HDD - when target directory doesn't exist, In the case of files copying can either overwrite existing files or only update if source file is newer than target plus a slew of other options.

The server also feeds into remote TV by an amazon TV box with Kodi installed on it so the file server simply has to have file shares -- doesn't need any media player / server running on it as all the playing etc is done by the clients. This makes it easy to use a less powerful processor since it's essentially only supplying files, sharing printers and acting as an Internet Gateway.

As for the currency issue -- you can use EUR in most places plus :

Iceland is getting a bit TOO popular as a tourist destination -- fortunately we are working on that -- for instance in a small town nobody wants those mega style cruise ships with a few thousand passengers on -- all disgorging at once totally overwhelms the facilities in town to say nothing of extra load on things like sewage systems etc.

We're very proud of our environmental regulations !!!! even if it does cost a bit more. Sustainable tourism is always welcome and it's a mega friendly place - but I'm sure you have similar issues in beautiful parts of Norway too.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Map network drive from Qnap TS-431P NAS, error code 0x80070035 - Similar Threads - Map network drive

2. Windows 10 Map a Network Driver Error. 0x80070035

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Map a Network Driver Error. 0x80070035: Hello, We have an equipment running on DOS system. We collect some data. Then we use "Network driver" to download the data. This has been working for Windows XP and windows 7 for decades. Last month, the company updated all of our systems to Windows 10. When I tried to "map...
  3. Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error code: 0x80070035 The network path was not found: I had an old PC on the network and copied the data over. The machine is turned off and some programs still search for it. The machine does not show up as a mapped drive in file explorer. How do I remove that network location. Everything I have searched for assumes I want to...
  4. Map NAS Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Map NAS Drive: I just purchased a new computer and would like to map my NAS drive. I was able to do this with my old computer but for some reason, the NAS does not show up as a computer on the new one. I can see the NAS drive as a media and other device but cannot map the drive from here....
  5. Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found

in Windows 10 News
    Error code: 0x80070035. The network path was not found: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows allows users to share files between systems which are on the same network, even if they aren’t physically connected. The folder administrator needs to allow access to the intended user and the Internet should be connected. However, users have [...]...
  6. Error code: 0x80070035

Error code: 0x80070035: I have two machines, one on windows 10 and one on 7. This morning both would not connect to 1 of our 3 servers. I kept getting Error code: 0x80070035 After unsuccessfully trying the suggestions in this community I finally changed my user names for the server from Jerry1...
  7. Network sharing issue, error: Windows cannot access \\NAS" and error code 0x80070035

Network sharing issue, error: Windows cannot access \\NAS" and error code 0x80070035: Microsoft once again challenges my LAN arrangement and "sharing" between all three Windows 10 Pro v1809 units. On one unit (Unit_1) everything works fine - I see the other two systems and the QNAP NAS in File Explorer as I would expect and the necessary sharing's work. On a...
  8. The network path was not found, Error code: 0x80070035

The network path was not found, Error code: 0x80070035: On my home network one Windows 10 computer is unable to access files on one other computer. I get "Windows cannot access \\Computername and under details it indicates "The network path was not found", error code 0x80070035....
  9. error code 0x80070035

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error code 0x80070035: I am using windows on mac platform. the error code keeps coming and the software says cannot find Mac https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/error-code-0x80070035/fca028ac-194e-43d9-a893-72f30791d633
  10. Error code 0x80070035

Error code 0x80070035: Hi, I am unable to access one of three computers on my local network via File Explorer I can access the other two and I can access a network local external drive. The error is : error code 0x80070035 the network path was not found This expands into: one or more network...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80070035 qnap nas

2. ts-431p windows explorer

3. qnap ts-451 0x800700350

4. qnap errore 0x80070035,
  5. certificate error on qnap ts-431p logging in