Windows 10: MapData Folder

Discus and support MapData Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anybody tell me what is the MapData folder which has recently appeared on my D drive? (This is the drive containing all my user folders with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PeterAstle, Feb 28, 2016.

1. MapData Folder

Can anybody tell me what is the MapData folder which has recently appeared on my D drive? (This is the drive containing all my user folders with the exception of Pictures.)
    It contains subfolders diskcache, mapscache and files overrides.json, updater.nma

:)

PeterAstle, Feb 28, 2016
  2. Spaksu Win User

How to download windows 10 offline maps for my offline office pc?

There is a folder that the map data in.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData

Copy the inside files in this folder to the offline work computer's "MapData" Folder.

And in probably works just fine. MapData Folder :)

Spaksu, Feb 28, 2016
  3. Windows Map app closes immediately after opening

I had the same problem when I deleted the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData folder. You can't simply copy this folder from a file backup or another computer, because it has a special security permission user called MapsBroker. It is impossible to add this
    user from the Folder Security Edit function, as this special user isn't available from the list. After much frustration I found a technique which works.

First, you'll need another Windows 10 computer. Use the Windows Backup utility (Search/Backup/Windows 7 backup). Backup the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData folder to a removable media, such as an external drive or a USB flash drive. Make sure you have unchecked
    the box that says "Include a system image".

After the backup completes, take the external medium where you made the backup and attach it to the computer where Maps is broken. Run the Windows 7 backup utility again, navigate to where your backup is, and select Restore. Depending on the location you
    designated for restore, the MapData folder will either be under C:\ or C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\C\. Cut and paste the MapData folder so that it is under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData. Verify that the folder permissions include the MapsBroker user. At this
    point you can launch Maps and it will work correctly.

The Windows 7 Backup/Restore tool is not the easiest to use. You can probably use some other backup utility to accomplish the MapData backup/restore as long as it backs up and restores not only the files, but more importantly the file permissions on the
    MapData folder.

Example:

MapData Folder [​IMG]

Special K_, Feb 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

MapData Folder

I suspect this may have something to do with the offline storage of Map data. Refer to your system settings:

MapData Folder [​IMG]

philc43, Feb 28, 2016
  5. Thank you,
    Yes, it looks like you are correct.
    I never store maps for offline use however, so I presume I can simply delete this folder.
    I bet it gets recreated within a few minutes though!

PeterAstle, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

MapData Folder

1. MapData Folder - Similar Threads - MapData Folder

2. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  3. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i open windows apps folder: when I open the windows apps folder an error pops up saying:you dont currently have permission to access this folderclick continue to permanently get access to this foldercontinue cancelI am a administrator on my pc and idk how to send imagesPls help...
  4. why cant i open windows apps folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  6. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...: I was rearranging my files on my Windows 10 computer and decided to cut some files from one folder and paste them into another. After I hit "Cut" and moved them, I couldn't find them in the destination folder. No error message popped up, but I just couldn't locate the files I...
  7. How can I recover cut files on Windows 10? I cut some files from one folder to another, but...

8. Move MapData Folder

Move MapData Folder: How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mapdata-folder/0a5e6598-1cda-4f2e-ae5a-fec7422ad6c1
  9. Move MapData Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move MapData Folder: How do I move the folder containing Map Data downloaded to another drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/move-mapdata-folder/0a5e6598-1cda-4f2e-ae5a-fec7422ad6c1
  10. Move MapData Folder

Users found this page by searching for:

1. MapData folder

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. what is mapdata in microsoft folder

4. mapdata on windows 10,
  5. mapdata file,
  6. microsoft/MapData delete,
  7. C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\MapData,
  8. mapdata\mapscache,
  9. microsoft all users mapdata mapscache,
  10. \mapdata\mapscache\,
  11. how to open .mapdata,