Windows 10: Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044

Discus and support Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue which I hope somebody can shed some light on. We have an application which was written during the time of Windows XP. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DerrickHobson, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044

Hello,

I have an issue which I hope somebody can shed some light on. We have an application which was written during the time of Windows XP. This application looks for a Microsoft Access Database file on our server via a mapped drive, for example the path is "G:\Despatch Data".

This software has worked unchanged since windows XP but has continued to work in Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.

The problem however is Windows 10, if we try and load the software we get the following error......

Run-Time error 3044

'G:\Despatch Data\service.mdb is not a valid path........'

However if I type in the exact same command line into My PC then it works without issue.

Another example of my Mapped Drive madness is also with Opera, if we have for example drive F: mapped to the server, the Opera installer (again designed for XP) cannot find any F: drive. I can then create a mapped drive in Opera (i.e. drive L) which will work however this does not show in My PC as a connected drive. It will also remain available to Opera as drive L until I reboot the PC.

I'm guessing the way in which windows 10 and XP differ in how they store the mapped drive settings and the older software is somehow trying to look-up the path using the old method.

Any advise greatly received.

:)

DerrickHobson, Aug 31, 2015

2. Runtime Broker in build 10586.29 on PC uses 67% of CPU usage with NAS/LAN impact

Hi Arostino

I have the WD "My Cloud" nas (Linux based). Could not resolve runtime broker until I removed all NAS links in Libraries and also removing any mapped drives to the NAS. Today I added mapped drives to my other win 10 PC's folders and the runtime broker is
    ok. I believe any mapped drives or libraries to non-indexed folders will cause runtime broker to misbehave. This was not the case before build 10240, so something has changed. Also if I try to re-add nas folders to libraries it will say can not link to non-indexed
    folders, but currently I have forgotten how to get around that problem.

JK of Seattle, Aug 31, 2015
  3. Problem with Nokia Map loader

Have just upgraded to ver.2.02 from 2.0. due to auto update no choice really :O

Experiencing same problems as you describe, (waiting for device) plus runtime error appears if phone is connected in data mode. Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library, Runtime error program: C:\Program Files\Nokia\Nokia Map Loader\map loader.exe abnormal program
    termination

Please advise on deleting "Private folder" in storage Mode?

Regards

V

thevet---01, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044

1. Mapped Drive Runtime error 3044 - Similar Threads - Mapped Drive Runtime

2. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  3. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mapping a drive: Hello, I need to map a drive for a public computer, The account on this computer does not have access to the drive. however, whoever uses the computer and double click the drive icon must enter their credentials every time. Thank you...
  4. mapping a drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Password Error when mapping a Drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Error when mapping a Drive: I have 2 computers running windows 10, I was attempting to map a network drive and kept getting errors. To debug I decided to go the the computer that had the drive and to map it to itself. With no user name/password this worked correctly C:\Users\pjn4>net use y:...
  6. Mapped Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped Drive: Hi! I am trying to connect my Primary Windows 10 PC to my other Windows 10 PC. Windows is throwing this error when I try to connect to the primary PC. I've tried the primary username the secondary user name and added a separate user on the primary with another Outlook...
  7. mapping/mapped drives

mapping/mapped drives: I have a Windows 10 Pro fully updated computer that has three folders on a second drive not the boot drive. I created three usernames/passwords on this computer and gave rights to each user for each folder. When I go to any one of the computers 8-10 on the network workgroup I...
  8. mapping drives

mapping drives: a mapped fileon a nas does not appear in windows https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mapping-drives/3a64c372-5ac3-48ff-a979-859635f00820"
  9. Mapped Drive

Mapped Drive: Hello, I have two mapped network drives, one is 1 tb, the other is 10tb. The issue is that when I go into This PC in the file explorer, windows shows that they have 87.7mb free of 92.9mb. This is true for all drives mapped, no matter the size or what is on them. This...
  10. map drive

map drive: Desktop win 10 updates all done. My dlink DIR880L router has two WD usb drives attached. I need to map these drives. On file explorer- This PC the router shows but not the drives. A double click on the router gives me four folders, one is browse folders that will open to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. runtime error 3044 windows 10