Windows 10: Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots

Discus and support Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three NAS drives and have them mapped as X Y and Z on both our machines. On one machine two of these mapped drives often show as red x... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots

I have three NAS drives and have them mapped as X Y and Z on both our machines. On one machine two of these mapped drives often show as red x disconnected on every boot. I just have to click on them to make them connected. But I wonder how to get around this slight annoyance. I don’t have the same problem on our other slower machine. I tried unmapping and remapping but seems to make no difference. It is an SSD and boots in seconds. Is it possibly that it such a fast boot that it causes grief with initialisation. I don’t recall it being such an issue pre creators update in the fall

:)

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2018

2. Red X on mapped network drives.

Hello,

thank you very much!

I got a fast reply with a good solution!

Red X on mapped network drives.

TomSerious, Mar 3, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Red X on mapped network drives.

Hello TomSerious,

For this type of issue, have you tried posting to our TechNet Forums? This community site will be more suitable to raise your concerns
    at, and our experts here might be able to suggest something.

We appreciate you working with us throughout this issue you're experiencing.

Mark Isi, Mar 3, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots

Are you setting the map via IP or name? If it's name it will take a bit to obtain it if you map via IP it should be quicker

Samuria, Mar 3, 2018
  5. Thanks, it's a name for all three. But it's just odd that our other PC has no such issue and they are mapped identically, plus one of the mapped drives on the 'problem' pc never has the issue but the other 2 do!

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots

1. Mapped drives show disconnected red x on most boots - Similar Threads - Mapped drives show

2. In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RED X...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RED X...: In the whole environment included servers and client machines mapped drive is showing RES X however the drive is accessible. It is happening just from two weeks ago, Is this is related to patch issue? I want to know the root cause of this issue as well as the fix for this...
  3. Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot

Mapped Drives Disconnect on reboot: We have several workstations running Windows 10 on the same domain. Each workstation has mapped drives to access common shared folders on the Domain Server. We purchased several new Dell Workstations and configured the mapped drives the same way they are configured on the...
  4. Mapped drive "Disconnected"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapped drive "Disconnected": So I'm having a issue where a mapped drive Windows 10 is showing Disconnected with the red X sometimes when powering on.. Even though it's saying it's disconnected I can still access all the files in it.. The main part of the issue is a software is pulling data from the...
  5. Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive

Windows 10 Drive Mapping showing Disconnected Network Drive: I have a NAS (WD My Cloud) on my home network and I have always added a drive on my networked computers using drive M as their Music drives. But recently My Network drive went down and I had to reinstall all the files on it's replacement drive. I gave the new network drive4...
  6. Unable to disconnect Mapped drive

Unable to disconnect Mapped drive: I used to have all the network drives mapped using a GPO, however, I have now moved all the network files into the cloud (G Suite). Therefore, I have removed the GPO that mapped the drives and use Google's File Stream, which automatically maps the G: drive. Whenever, I log...
  7. red x

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    red x: I have a red x though my live messenger how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/ccfafb8d-1b43-4260-be00-12bfa5b1aad7
  8. External Hard drive shows Disconnected with Red 'X' when attempting to do Windows Backup or...

External Hard drive shows Disconnected with Red 'X' when attempting to do Windows Backup or...: Op System: Windows10 I have a 1TB Seagate external drive that I connected to a USB port. In File Explorer it shows as drive 'F:'. However, when I go to 'Backup & Restore' it shows as 'E:' and has a Red 'X' and says 'disconnected'. It does not allow me to select 'Backup'....
  9. RED X

RED X: Just got a new computer and there is a red x next to desktop, pictures ...how do I get rid of it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-x/76bfe88e-f667-4d00-b796-7fa0fb112fdd
  10. Computer not connecting to mapped network drives - also shows red X

Computer not connecting to mapped network drives - also shows red X: Hello all, In our office we have a computer drive that we are all mapped to. We need to be mapped and connected to it in order to do our work. When I restart my computer or leave it overnight and come back, the network drive looks like this: [ATTACH] When I click on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x on mapped drive each reoot

2. windows 10 network drives showing disconnected at boot