Windows 10: Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

Discus and support Mapped network drive shows only blank screen in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys , i have created a mapped network drive but nothing is listed when i connect to the remote pc. i do not see any folders/files etc ... if i use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gundja, Oct 6, 2017.

1. gundja Win User

Mapped network drive shows only blank screen

Hi guys , i have created a mapped network drive but nothing is listed when i connect to the remote pc. i do not see any folders/files etc ... if i use my pc to connect to another pc everything is available like the users ,public folders where i can browse through them.only issue is with this specific laptop.

The remote pc is running win 10 pro 64bit. Is there something i should be aware of ?

a picture descibes better the situation

Mapped network drive shows only blank screen [​IMG]

thanks

:)

gundja, Oct 6, 2017
  2. mfyahya Win User

Maps disappeared

I have an E61i and updated the firmware about a month ago. Nokia Maps does not show my maps anymore. I just get a blank screen. I tried reinstalling the app, and downloaded all the maps again with Map Loader but still no luck.

When I enable network in Nokia Maps, it shows the maps but seems to get them from the network. When I disable network access, the maps disappear again. Any ideas what could be wrong?

mfyahya, Oct 6, 2017
  3. N8 - Sportstracker not showing built in Ovi map

Hi,

I have Sports Tracker installed to E: and have set it to use the phone's map rather than network.

I have the UK maps installed from Ovi but nothing shows when in Sports Tracker and I just get a blank background... unless I choose network which is what I want to avoid.

Any ideas? Wrong map? Wrong drive?

PaganRuler---01, Oct 6, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Umm that is not a blank screen. That is a blank Windows Explorer window. It is showing at the top that there is nothing in that folder. Suggest you try with another device to find out if that folder really does have something in it.

bro67, Oct 7, 2017
  5. gundja Win User
    what I am trying to achieve is basically the ability to connect to another pc and transfer some files from there using map network drive .so how I navigate the other pc I connected to ?

gundja, Oct 7, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    You will need to use another computer to find out if that folder that is shared off of another computer has anything in it. If it does, recheck the shared folder on the computer to make sure that you are connecting to the right folder. Since Windows Explorer states that there is nothing there, means either you connected to the wrong share on the network, or you have a issue with SMB/CIFS not showing those items. You can go into the Command Window and do the following to find out what shares are being mapped on the network. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ared-resources

bro67, Oct 8, 2017
  7. gundja Win User
    ok guys i finally understood how all these stuffs work. You do need to enable sharing folder for other pcs to be able to remotely connect and view those folders. When you enable sharing , all those folders will appear.

gundja, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mapped network drive shows only blank screen - Similar Threads - Mapped network drive

2. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  3. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Map Drive not showing on network computers.: Hi,I'm trying to add a mapped drive on a pc that we are using as a basic file server. The pc already has shared folders which are accessible from all pc's without issue. The only reason we require the mapped drive is that one item of software is having issues without...
  4. Map Drive not showing on network computers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Mapped drive folders show as blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mapped drive folders show as blank: I have 3 computers out of 16 that show mapped drive connections as blank when accessing the files. The bottom left shows the correct item counts, and the quick access column reveals subfolders, but the main explorer window shows as blank even on reboot, restart of explorer...
  6. Mapped drive folders show as blank

Mapped drive folders show as blank: I have 3 computers out of 16 that show mapped drive connections as blank when accessing the files. The bottom left shows the correct item counts, and the quick access column reveals subfolders, but the main explorer window shows as blank even on reboot, restart of explorer...
  7. Mapped drive folders show as blank

8. "Map network drive" button not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  9. "Map network drive" button not showing

"Map network drive" button not showing: I want to add a network drive. So I open Windows Explorer, click "This PC" and "the three dots".But I see no option for adding a drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/map-network-drive-button-not-showing/1dd7d87b-033f-4c89-afef-4f46a7187b78
  10. Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?

Only 1 Mapped Network Drive?: I'm noticing that I'm only able to map one network drive to my backup storage (it's a portable drive connected to a router). If I want to connect with another user, I have to disconnect the current connection, otherwise I get a message "Access is denied". Is there a way to...