Windows 10: mapping work desktop without RDP

Discus and support mapping work desktop without RDP in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, This is going to sound a little strange however I hope that I manage to explain this well. My work PC is connected to a small business... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by scottvsaunders, Dec 6, 2015.

1. mapping work desktop without RDP

Hey,

This is going to sound a little strange however I hope that I manage to explain this well.

My work PC is connected to a small business server and am able to access my desktop and a shared drive from outside using a security certificate that I needed to install and the Microsoft RDP service which is fine, this seems to stream my work desk pc to me as if I was actually say in the office rather than at home which is nice however.... its extremely slow and there is approx. 10 seconds delay between each click even though my home internet connection is a 200 MB / 20MB download / upload via Virgin Media and the office network is BT Infinity.

Is there anyway of simply mapping my office PC and the shared drive without having to load up the RDP software each time and put up with the slug like performance? Looking for at having perhaps a few files on my home laptop that I can simple click on to explore both the desktop at work and the shared drive.

I am able to establish a VPN and connect that way however that only allows me to view the shared directory and not any files / folders on my office pc.

Anyone help (and I hope that what I have put actually makes sense )

Thanks

Scott

:)

scottvsaunders, Dec 6, 2015
  2. tazatha Win User

Remote Desktop Connection

as the black screen to the PC appears on RDP, then get the error box. all it says is an error occurred. looking for solution and will be notified if one exists.

I RDPd to a server that i could log into via RDP. then did RDP to the pc my desktop PC could no longer RDP to.

That takes too long hopping from desktop computer, to work server then to other PC. time lag on response is tremendous.

tazatha, Dec 6, 2015
  3. S E O Win User
    RDP, Desktop-to-Desktop RDP Works, Laptop-to-Desktop, No Workey

Target machine Windows 10. I can connect from home using Win 7 desktop. I cannot connect from home using Win 8.1 laptop. Can anyone help with a tech-support-for-dummies level answer?

Thanks

S E O, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

mapping work desktop without RDP

1. mapping work desktop without RDP - Similar Threads - mapping desktop without

2. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  3. Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop RDP: with no MS password only 2FA, client RDP: "The User Account Did Not Work": Yesterday I followed MS's procedure to remove a login password in favor of 2FA MS Authenticator on my phone. I also spent $99 to upgrade Windows 11 Home to Pro, only because I want to use RDP to access my Windows system from my Mac. So far, after hours of changing this and...
  4. RDP GP not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    RDP GP not working: My RDP connection will only allow users with Domain Admin membership to RDP even though I have Remote Desktop Users in the group policy with everyone I would like to connect. Unless I give them Domain Admin Rights, they won't be able to connect. Any ideas?...
  5. RDP left computer without local access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP left computer without local access: OK. That's a pretty lame subject line. I'll expand it a bit. I wanted to check a Remote Desktop function so I issued a Lock on my desktop PC, fired up my laptop, got an RDP connection to my PC, did some tests, and issued a Disconnect. All went well, but I couldn't get back...
  6. Working Map as a Desktop Wallpaper?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Working Map as a Desktop Wallpaper?: I just got a sugar rush and I got a random-ish idea. The only use I have for my desktop is for a wallpaper, otherwise, for shortcuts, I use the startup in fullscreen, way more efficient. Anyway, what If I had, say, Google Maps (Or something that looks cooler) as a desktop...
  7. maps not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    maps not working: offline Map settings shows: there is a problem with your ofline maps, please restert your computer if it dosnt work you'lle need to delete all your maps. i've tried to delete all my maps, but the same message comes... and i cant download any new maps?...
  8. Map a drive without putting it on the network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Map a drive without putting it on the network: I would like to create a mapped drive so all my colleagues around the world can work on their local machines with the same folder structure. But my client feels unsafe sharing a folder to a network. Can I map a folder that is not on a network? Thanks...
  9. Audio is not working in RDP

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is not working in RDP: Hello, I upgraded last night from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro. I am connecting from work with RDP to my home PC. RDP is Working, but there is no Audio. This is an existing connection that worked yesterday when both PC had Windows 7 on them. I have checked group policy...
  10. RDP not Working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP not Working.: Hi all I have Just Upgraded from Windows7. I Remote to Server 2012r2 A lot through a VPN. I haven't been able to connect Since the upgrade. Tried to turn off the firewall still Keep getting the error "Internal Error occurred" It's not a Windows 10 issue because I Know...