Windows 10: Maps and one note apps updated

Discus and support Maps and one note apps updated in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Updates for maps and one note came tumbling down the pipe when I checked this evening. Not sure what's changed - Probably more updates for the sake of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, May 17, 2016.

1. Maps and one note apps updated

Updates for maps and one note came tumbling down the pipe when I checked this evening. Not sure what's changed - Probably more updates for the sake of updates. If your update settings for apps are set to manual like mine then head on over to the store to grab them

:)

Scottyboy99, May 17, 2016
  2. Abi99 (2) Win User

One note and lumia 950 and one note

Where did you download those pictures taken with your phone, from

A) from OneDrive, or

B) via USB, or

C) via Bluetooth, or

D) ‥?

Those (additional) files are created, because of All apps Camera » Options » Settings » Capture living images, which is enabled on default. Nevertheless, there should be an original, plain picture floating around. Because I am not sure why that got lost
    in your case, please, answer the question above. That way, me might be able to approach your issue.

Abi99 (2), May 17, 2016
  3. One note and lumia 950 and one note

I have just prepared a work one note page on my lumia 950 that I like using pictures I took as I was going along.

imagine my horror when it appeared that it would not sync because all the pictures are in a video format that neither the phone nor my surface would recognise. Not only that but the pictures are so big that it will not upload nor can I get windows media
    player to read them so that I could at least use the snipping tool.

I seem to have endless problems with syncing one note notes taken on my phone but this is serious because the pictures can not be taken again and it is a bit critical to get this right. the files in question are in the MP4.tnl and mp4.thn now the really
    odd thing is windows media player will read a couple of the .thn files but not all of them.

This is ludicrous that a programme generates a file type that it cant see or read.

Is there a solution to this.

Why does my phone take these pictures in video mode?

daviddowding, May 17, 2016
  4. Maps and one note apps updated

Nothing showing on mine yet at all checked manually as well
    Mine is this Version
    Maps 4.1603.1190.0

hTconeM9user, May 18, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    I have several apps updated:
    OneNote
    Paid WiFi & Cellular
    Get Skype.
    Mail and calendar
    Windows Map
    3D Builder.

There might be more since yesterday.
    I have not checked yet.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  6. Looks like MS are hitting it hard then, I only noticed those 2 I posted about yesterday evening - I forgot that I saw get office update earlier and I'm guessing there are the others that you mention to do when I'm home from work later. Will look forward to doing them - well I say look forward to doing them but that's not strictly true as I am always wary of 'updates' breaking stuff that otherwise worked! I do think many updates are prob not necessary - it seems MS, Apple just love throwing updates down the pipe with change for the sake of it. Anyway will obediently run these later. Out of that list I guess mail and calendar getting borked will be the one that makes me most nervous. Thanks for the forewarning

Scottyboy99, May 18, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Wait !

I forgot.
    The 6 apps I mentioned were updated in my Insider build 14342, not my 10586.318.
    Sorry I have misled you.

davidhk, May 18, 2016
  8. Maps and one note apps updated

Phew! That's good to know - I stay well away from insider as not really into beta testing for MS, haven't got the spare time to deal with the problems and crave stability/reliability over innovation that's for sure - Unfortunately since Windows 10 have developed a deep sense of paranoia about anything MS sends down the pipe. We rely on user accounts heavily here - those native apps when they get updated can cause plenty of problems. Should the update fail for any reason and need re-downloading it has the potential to bork that native app on the other user accounts even if a subsequent update attempt then works and the app launches fine on my own account. The app update has to go smoothly first time to eliminate this risk. I'm sure many people don't notice this as most probably only have the 1 user account on a PC but it's been a real pain in the past for our family. System restore and re-attempt have always fixed things but it's a major nuisance. That being said we haven't had to endure this for a couple months now. But it's one of the reasons I distrust the updates.

I think MS has the wrong approach with regards the native apps. It seems any update run on one account tries to apply to all accounts and this introduces the bug. Whereas user specific downloaded apps only update for that user. I think the native apps should be the same. I know it means a little more disk space and each user having to do their own update but I would rather this than a native app that works on one account but not for any of the others all because of an update.

Scottyboy99, May 18, 2016
  9. New Version of One Note Now Available in Windows 10 Store ready to be downloaded and installed
    Version 17.6965.57881.0
    It downloaded and installed ok

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Maps and one note apps updated

1. Maps and one note apps updated - Similar Threads - Maps note apps

2. One notes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One notes: I am on Windows 10 can't seem to use Microsoft One Notes. Are there any other suggestions to use for re reminders ad so on thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-notes/f1a46a5a-46da-4fee-9f91-66c97b8c6e53
  3. one note

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one note: Change backup location for One Note files in the cloud. One Drive new folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note/322a84f6-c21a-4306-95ad-acbbaf583c97
  4. One Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Note: Are you able to remove the pressure sensitivity of your stylus for OneNote? It makes my handwriting weird and janky https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note/4f8d80e1-3b9d-48a8-af7c-52a33333a02c
  5. One Note

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Note: I recently completed a reset on my laptop. Before doing this I copied One Note as well as other files to a flash drive. I opened the One Note file on the flash drive before beginning the computer reset. The information, including sections and pages of One Note for Windows...
  6. One note notes disappeared

in Microsoft Office and 365
    One note notes disappeared: All of a sudden my One note notes are gone. When I access One note ny notebook "Allan's Notebook" is there. When I click on it the contents image appears ever so briefly and disappears. I had a lot if important notes in it. The backup folder in One drive shows nothing. All I...
  7. One note

One note: when I try to create a notebook I get the below error message: "Unable to create your notebook. Check internet connection and try again" My internet connection however is fine, and I have tried to repair and reset the app, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled it -...
  8. one note

in Windows 10 Customization
    one note: one note wont open section 1 it will open other sections https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note/4ea7f60d-77fd-4969-8db0-f2f55283023f
  9. one note

in Windows 10 Customization
    one note: i have been using onenote for a couple of years and really liked it. problem is, it saves and syncs my notebooks one my onedrive which at present time, is frozen. ever time i buy a new phone i get these free offers of 100 gigs free storage on onedrive. my free offer has...
  10. One Note

One Note: HI all, I have a problem with the app OneNote for windows10. I had onenote installed on my pc and all was working well until I installed onenote on my iPhone. What transpired I am not sure but what happened was the install of the app on the iPhone moved all of my notebooks...