Windows 10: March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen!

Discus and support March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen! in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi All, Any one have problems with this weeks recent updates from Microsoft? My system was running fine until the other night updates (2 days... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by SweetiePie, Mar 15, 2018.

1. March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen!

Hi All,

Any one have problems with this weeks recent updates from Microsoft?

My system was running fine until the other night updates (2 days ago) came through and my system froze on re-start.

I couldn't get it to run again! My computer guy says it's the Nvidia GeForce GT-630 card. If he disconnects it and connects to the on board graphic card, the system boots.

I'd like to be able to use my Nvidia graphic cards!?

Suggestions or advice -- please.

Many thanks, *cry

P.S. I hope I put this in the right area.

:)

SweetiePie, Mar 15, 2018

2. Screen Flashing after WIndows 10 March 2016 Update

When I upgraded to Windows 10, my desktop PC began experiencing the flickering screen issue. I followed the instructions to disable the Reporting and Error Reporting options through msconfig and that fixed it.

However, after the March 2016 update (3/8 or 3/9?), it's doing the exact same screen flickering again. My graphics drivers (NVidia GTX 970) are up to date as of this week. Is anyone else experiencing this issue? I'm sending this from my laptop, but I
    can't use my desktop GAMING PC at all.

Alexandr Britten, Mar 15, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and compatibility with NVIDIA windows 10 driver 355.82

I have windows 10 installed and was notified by NVIDIA about an update to their graphics driver. I tried to install the update from Nvidia, Nvidia Windows 10 Driver 355.82. However the installation failed and the screen notification read as follws:

"This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows.

This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware."

Prior to using Windows 10 all Nvidia updates downloaded successfully.

I have also fed back this info to NVIDIA.

RickHollebon, Mar 15, 2018
  4. jamis Win User

March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen!

Did your computer guy attempt to update the driver for the graphics card? I have an older Nvidia GeForce card and W10 does not support it anymore.

jamis, Mar 15, 2018
  5. Berton Win User
    I have a 1-year+ ASUS Desktop with the nVidia GeForce GT 710 add-in adapter, no problems with the latest Version and Build.

Berton, Mar 15, 2018
  6. Hi Jamis and Berton,

I'm speaking with him again tomorrow. I believe so but I'll ask again to confirm.

I believe the update was KB4888776 (Version 1709, Build 16299.309). Can I remove the update and then stay at a specific build in Windows 10?

Thanks

SweetiePie, Mar 15, 2018
  7. jamis Win User
    You should be able to uninstall the update, but there is supposed to be a whole new version of W10 coming out next month and you probably don't want to not install it. I would be surprised if the new version will support your graphics card if bld. 16299.309 doesn't. I wouldn't do anything until your computer guy has a look. In the long term scheme of things, I'd be more inclined to buy a new graphics card that W10 supports rather than go un-updated.

jamis, Mar 15, 2018
  8. March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen!

Hi Jamis,

Many thanks for the advice.

What would be a cheap graphic card to replace the GeForce GT-630 card (compatible with updated Windows 10). Not for gaming but movies, etc.

Thanks, *Wink

SweetiePie, Mar 15, 2018
  9. jamis Win User
    I'm no expert on graphics cards and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night, so I'd suggest going to the Graphics Cards forum here and asking that sort of question after perusing the posting there. Also, you might search the forums here for "Nvidia GeForce GT-630" and see what shows up. The search block is in the upper right hand corner of the pages.

jamis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen!

1. March Updates - Issue with Nvidia Graphics and Frozen Screen! - Similar Threads - March Updates Issue

2. Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen of Death during Nvidia Graphics update: Hello. I am running the latest Windows 10 Pro edition. I am fully up to date after checking my windows update. I new Nvidia graphics card driver arrived and requested an update via GeForce experience then i come to the dreaded blue screen of death. I have linked the...
  3. nvidia graphics issue..............

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nvidia graphics issue..............: I'm not able to switch on "add, run with a graphics processor, to desktop cortex". from the Nvidia control panel this option is found missing. and it's really hard to play games like this would any of you suggest me how to bring back that option....
  4. Size of this latest windows update and Nvidia graphic driver issue

Size of this latest windows update and Nvidia graphic driver issue: I want to know that what is the size of this latest windows update and my latest Nvidia graphics driver not install with this windows version( current windows 10 home ) if I update with this latest windows will my problem solve?...
  5. Nvidia Graphics Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Nvidia Graphics Update: So I downloaded the graphics driver update that was released today on geforce experience for my gtx 970 and after starting the installation a couple minutes in my screen goes black. Its been like this for an hour. Is anyone else having troubles with the update?...
  6. March of Empires update screen frozen.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    March of Empires update screen frozen.: I am running this game on my laptop and have enjoyed it, but after the latest update it will not load past this screen. Now it's been a week and I cannot play the game or update it. Please help. [ATTACH]...
  7. March of Empires Graphics issue on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    March of Empires Graphics issue on Windows 10: Hello. i installed the game on my laptop Samsung i3 RV 509. the intall was successful. However when i lunch the game, it loads then the game isn't displaying properly an there are some big pixels. what to do to play the game? Thank you....
  8. NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...

NVIDIA Graphics driver UPDATE and CRASHING issues? Try this...: I have repeatedly attempted to update my Nvidia graphics drivers through the Nvidia Experience program that is designed to update the drivers. I have never had the program complete successfully once since I started using Windows 10 for the past several YEARS. I have...
  9. Nvidia graphics firmware update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia graphics firmware update: Nvidia graphics firmware update tool for displayport 1.3 and 1.4 displays.http://www.nvidia.com/object/nv-uefi-update-x64.html 111917
  10. Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issue with Nvidia graphics card after windows update: Hi, forums I just updated my windows 10 to version 1803 and It has brought some issues. First, my HDMI port is not working, I am on a laptop btw so it's an integrated graphics card. I also can not access my Nvidia control panel because it gives me an error that says no...