Windows 10: margins not printing correctly

Discus and support margins not printing correctly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; looking for some help please. Using a dell all in one desktop pc. A dell mono laser printer. just upgrade to win 10 (from 7). use "word" for all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ApolloFly, Jun 8, 2016.

1. ApolloFly Win User

margins not printing correctly

looking for some help please. Using a dell all in one desktop pc. A dell mono laser printer. just upgrade to win 10 (from 7).
    use "word" for all my company documents, and documents set with specific margins and headers.
    worked fine on win7, but now same document printing to slightly different layout, which is not good enough for my purposes.
    basically its printing smaller than before, so font smaller, and more importantly, gutter at bottom of margin much bigger.
    As I'm writing this it seems another way to describe the problem is that the page contents are being somehow shrunk.
    A4 paper with mostly text on .........

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

:)

ApolloFly, Jun 8, 2016

2. Downloaded the newest version of Windows and now cannot print Google Doc properly.

Hi -

Everything else prints fine. I downloaded the Google Doc to Word and it prints fine in Word - it is only as a Google Doc that I cannot print it correctly. The margins are off - so much so that I cannot read the entire document. I tried experimenting with
    margin sizes but could not solve the problem.

As I mentioned, I only had this problem when I downloaded the most recent Office software so I think there must be something in that which is causing this problem.

Brooklynbarbara, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Canon MP 270 driver issue

that's disappointing, I don't have an answer i'm afraid, some information that might help somebody else to provide an answer.

What program are you printing from?

does it happen when you print from a different application?

do you get the same result printing to PDF (using Microsofts Print to PDF option in printers)?

have you tried setting margins to 0? what happens?

(silly question) does the same thing happen if you use the printers copy facility?

Don't suppose this is any help?

from the manual

How Do I Print with Even Margins?

When you print on a bordered layout, the margins on the left and right or the top and bottom may become wider than the other, depending on the image and printer.

To always print with even margins, select the Always crop images when selecting a layout with margins checkbox on the Advanced tab of the Preferences dialog box.

To display the Preferences dialog box, click (Settings) in the Layout/Print screen or select Preferences... from the File menu.

Crop the photo to apply even margins individually.

or

Booklet Printing

The booklet printing function allows you to print data for a booklet. Data is printed on both sides of the paper. This type of printing ensures that pages can be collated properly, in page number order, when the printed sheets are folded and stapled at the
    center.

The procedure for performing booklet printing is as follows:

1. Open the printer driver setup window

2. Set booklet printing Select Booklet from the Page Layout list on the Page Setup tab. The current settings are displayed in the settings preview on the left side of the window.

3. Select the print paper size Select the size of the paper loaded in the machine from the Printer Paper Size list.

4. Set the margin for stapling and the margin width Click Specify... and specify the following settings in the Booklet Printing dialog box, and then click OK.

Margin for stapling Select which side should the stapling margin be on when the booklet is completed.

Insert blank page To leave one side of a sheet blank, check the check box, and select the page to be left blank.

Margin Enter the margin width. The specified width from the center of the sheet becomes the margin width for one page.

Page Border To print a page border around each document page, check the check box.

5. Complete the setup Click OK on the Page Setup tab.

When you execute print, the document will be printed on one side of a sheet of paper. When the printing of one side is complete, set the paper correctly by following the message and click OK. When the printing of the other side is complete, fold the paper at
    the center of the margin and make a booklet.

Important

Booklet cannot be selected when a media type other than Plain Paper is selected for Media Type. When Booklet is selected, Duplex Printing, Staple Side, Print from Last Page, and Collate appear grayed out and are unavailable.

Note The stamp and background are not printed on blank sheets inserted with the Insert blank page function of Booklet Printing

Martmcd, Jun 8, 2016
  4. margins not printing correctly

Hi, welcome:*Smile

Stupid question: did you update the Dell Printer Drivers and Software after you upgraded Windows from 7 to 10?
    ("Best practice" might be to cleanly uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers/software, making sure you have the most current, Win10-compatible version from the Dell site.)

And is MS Office up to date and fully patched?

It might help us to better help you if we knew a bit more about the printer model, version of M$ Office, and whether you are on 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, at least for starters....

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Jun 8, 2016
  5. ApolloFly Win User
    Thank you for the reply. Short answer - no. But of course will get that done now......... watch this space. AF

ApolloFly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

margins not printing correctly

1. margins not printing correctly - Similar Threads - margins printing correctly

2. Does Page Setup Margin of Print Setting reflect true Margin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does Page Setup Margin of Print Setting reflect true Margin?: I need help with understanding how to interpret Page Setup Margin shown under Print Option.It always show 25mm Margins Top, Left, Right, Bottom for Documents with different margins....
  3. Does Page Setup Margin of Print Setting reflect true Margin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does Page Setup Margin of Print Setting reflect true Margin?: I need help with understanding how to interpret Page Setup Margin shown under Print Option.It always show 25mm Margins Top, Left, Right, Bottom for Documents with different margins....
  4. Does Page Setup Margin of Print Setting reflect true Margin?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. MARGINS

MARGINS: I'm trying to troubleshoot margins in WORD. I cannot change margins in my document. A Microsoft tech tried for 45 minutes and could not change the margins. Has anyone run across this problem?...
  6. Margins

Margins: The content page will not extend to the left margin and neither will the right and that, of course, is so important so I can scroll down the page. What can I do, Community? Thank you....
  7. In correct printing

In correct printing: Gmail accounts using default email app prints users only a fraction of the A4 paper in the top left corner doesn't fit to page, if the email is saved it then prints to page. Searched everywhere to attempt to change some setting but can find nothing to address this problem...
  8. Printing Margins in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printing Margins in Windows 10: Margins are changing from single sided to double sided printing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printing-margins-in-windows-10/901cd3bf-fd31-4962-a5cd-ce8052a2968b
  9. margins

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    margins: Suddenly my office word top margin disappeared and the cursor goes to the top. I went into Pay Layout and clicked on last margin settings but that did not help. I cannot set the top and bottom margins....
  10. print default margins for excell

print default margins for excell: how do i change the print default margins for excel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-default-margins-for-excell/d8ac211d-dac0-403a-a465-644f63a433b0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not correct margin after printing

2. margins not printing correctly in windows 10