Windows 10: marvell driver for hard drive

Discus and support marvell driver for hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Does anyone know where I might be able to find a updated version of the marvell driver that came on my asus mb for my sata III connected hd? it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt Siegel, Aug 17, 2015.

1. marvell driver for hard drive

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a updated version of the marvell driver that came on my asus mb for my sata III connected hd? it supposed to be a 6gb/sec drive as its a sata III but It doesnt seem to load windows all that quick.

:)

Matt Siegel, Aug 17, 2015
  2. auggy Win User

dxgkrnl.sys as cause of recurring crashes

What SATA ports are the hard drives connected to? Are the hard drives connected to a Marvell card?

auggy, Aug 17, 2015
  3. barkeley Win User
    dmp file for help about BSOD with Winodws 10 upgrade.

Thanks. Both drivers were updated.

I have one drive on Intel and one on Marvell,

I will try with both on Intel SATA if this is what you mean by trying Intel.

barkeley, Aug 17, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

marvell driver for hard drive

What's your motherboard?

"P867 Evo" isn't an Asus model. P8H67-M Evo is. The Marvell controller on it is 3Gb/s, not 6Gb/s. And Asus has no drivers for download for that Marvell controller for any version of Windows.. XP through 8.1.

bobkn, Aug 17, 2015
  5. bro67 Win User
    Windows will automatically choose the correct driver. Even though the SATA drive may be SATA 3 compatible, it will backwards compatible to SATA 2 if the chipset on the motherboard does not support 3.

You can install a PCIe controller card that supports RAID & SATA 3, which is always the best option in these cases. Reserve the onboard SATA for DVD or Blu-ray drives.

bro67, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Actually its the P8P67 Evo. Its from about 3 years ago give or take. And as far as it not being 6gb/s; well when I turn my system on it shows 6gb/s when the hard drive comes up. So with this said how can I get faster speed from this hard drive especially considering its a 7200rpm sata III drive; which should be capable of 6gb/s.

Matt Siegel, Aug 19, 2015
  7. bobkn Win User
    Ok. I don't know how I missed the P8P67 Evo.

Right. that Marvell controller is supposed to be 6Gbps on both its ports.

The most recent drivers for it I see at asus.com are for Win 7:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mis...PVistaWin7.zip

I don't see anything newer on the Web for the Marvell 9120 controller, but it'd be worth looking a bit longer.

bobkn, Aug 19, 2015
  8. marvell driver for hard drive

Well if someone can keep a lookout for me for a possible newer one I would appreciate it. I am gonna do a few searches as well when I have a moment.

Matt Siegel, Aug 19, 2015
  9. rbmorse Win User
    The SATA 3 interface may be capable of 6 GB/sec., but that includes a lot of error correction and parity bits. The data transfer speed to/from a hard drive will be limited by the rate the controller can get bits on and off the platters. Sustained read speeds of around 110 to 130 MB/sec is about right. You'll see higher numbers, of course, when data is buffered (cached), but that's won't help that much when the system is just starting up.

rbmorse, Aug 19, 2015
  10. If the speed is limited by the rate of the controller; then where can i find a updated hard drive controller driver?

Matt Siegel, Aug 20, 2015
  11. rbmorse Win User
    The controller is built into the hard drive, so there's not much you can do except perhaps replace the HD with an SSD.

I did just that and I'm not going back.

But it occurs to me there could be a file system problem that's causing the POST/boot sequence to take longer than it should. Starting with the machine completely powered off, could you time the interval between hitting the power switch and the appearance of the password/PIN dialog box?

rbmorse, Aug 20, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    The Marvell controller claims to be sata III, but it is an add on controller and will never get the speeds of the Chipset ports.

essenbe, Aug 20, 2015
  13. marvell driver for hard drive

Well if that is the case how can I try and achieve higher hard drive speeds such as updating the hard driver controller driver short of going to a ssd because i dont have the funds for that right now?

14. essenbe Win User
    On the P67, the first 2 sata ports should be, sata III controlled by the chipset.

essenbe, Aug 20, 2015
  15. Do you know what color they are? because I have I believe 6 ports on the board I think; and they are either blue or gray. Also; what about updating the chipset? would that do anything?

Thema:

marvell driver for hard drive

1. marvell driver for hard drive - Similar Threads - marvell driver hard

2. Hard drive driver deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive driver deleted: I installed some new drivers in my Windows 7. After restart ,It showed a boot device not found.I tried doing a clean installation of windows but It showed no hard drive is found . Most probably somehow hard drive driver was deleted ....
  3. Hard drive driver deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive driver deleted: I installed some new drivers in my Windows 7. After restart ,It showed a boot device not found.I tried doing a clean installation of windows but It showed no hard drive is found . Most probably somehow hard drive driver was deleted ....
  4. Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Ethernet driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Ethernet driver issue: Dear sir/mam,We have a "Model: L911461 Lenovo system" with marvell Yukon Ethernet driver.Unexpectedly my system OS was corrupted. Then we have reinstalled the windows 7 OS, after that my system did not supported our network IP and gateway address.FYI, please find the attached...
  5. Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Ethernet driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Marvell Yukon 88E8057 Ethernet driver issue: Dear sir/mam,We have a "Model: L911461 Lenovo system" with marvell Yukon Ethernet driver.Unexpectedly my system OS was corrupted. Then we have reinstalled the windows 7 OS, after that my system did not supported our network IP and gateway address.FYI, please find the attached...
  6. marvell avastar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    marvell avastar: So a few days ago I noticed my Bluetooth icon would go missing from both settings and my notification area, i looked around and I troubleshot Bluetooth and it told me it was an error 43, I was told to uninstall Marvell Avastar and to look for hardware changes, and that would...
  7. External Hard drive drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard drive drivers: Since the windows 10 update my external hard drive no longer works...it says I need the driver...how do I get a driver for it so I can see my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-drivers/1936ebce-1725-4ab5-b9a0-d1af860aa8b0
  8. Marvell 8887 Windows Driver

Marvell 8887 Windows Driver: Hi, I am using a Marvell 8887 based Wi-Fi in my system, I am not able to find the driver for the same. Can any body please help me with the driver for the same. Thanks and Regards Athiq...
  9. Marvell 91xx Config Missing Driver

Marvell 91xx Config Missing Driver: Good day OK so i am all most there completing windows 10 from all sides and no malware or spyware 2 things left Missing Marvell 91xx Config and another unknown device please look at screenshot thank you http://2.1m.yt/kpGJU2O.png 58755
  10. Drivers for Marvel 91xx Config ATA Device

Drivers for Marvel 91xx Config ATA Device: I have only just attached some hard drives to the 6G SATA ports of my motherboard and those drives are showing as ejectable in Windows 10. When I first installed Win10 afresh on my new SSD the drives attached to the normal SATA ports where also showing up as ejectable....