Windows 10: Massive RAM usage

Discus and support Massive RAM usage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ascii, May 19, 2015.

1. ascii Win User

Massive RAM usage

Hi everyone, I don't know if this is the right place to put this but it's been a while since this is happening: This PC currently have 8 GB of RAM after playing/watching a few videos/browising the ram suddenly goes up to 85-95+% (70-75% the lowest) of usage and never goes down no matter what I do, I need to log off or restart the PC so it goes back to "normal". I really need help with this, will be much appreciated.

P.D.: I use Chrome (no more than 10-12 tabs), uTorrent and MPCHC in a daily basis.

P.D. 2: Already did fresh Installs TWICE (And when there is a new build too).

:)

ascii, May 19, 2015

2. Nonpaged Pool

Hello, I am having concerns with my RAM. I noticed in task manager that my memory usage was 90%+, and was puzzled. I checked my RAM usage on RamMap, and found that 11GB were allocated to nonpaged pool. Every task I try to preform is met with a massive performance
    hit. For example, playing video games, the game is very choppy, and can't keep a steady frame rate.

My questions for today are: What is nonpaged pool? What can I do to get that memory back? Below you can see an image of RamMap.

Massive RAM usage [​IMG]

JoesephJeramia, May 19, 2015
  3. Je_mezu24 Win User
    After Recent Windows' Microsoft Updates - Windows 10 "System" Is Hogging Up Almost All Of RAM

I've done some more research into this issue with Windows 10 and System being a RAM jogger as well as using more of the CPU than it should and it turns out it's a common issue and has been around for awhile; so this means it's been around and is known by
    Microsoft yet like the "Critical Error Start Menu and Cortana aren't working. We'll try fixing it for you next time you sign in." error as well.

This just further proves that Microsoft decided to release a buggy Operating System (OS) when they knew it was still plaqued with errors. Errors apparently they can't figure out how to fix.

Here are some helpful links I've discovered though, but I haven't been able to try them out yet:

How To Fix High RAM & CPU Usage In Windows 10 Links:

How To Fix High RAM and CPU Usage of Windows 10 System (ntoskrnl.exe) Process

How to fix Windows 10 high memory usage issue

How to stop Windows 10’s System process from eating up your RAM

Windows 10, 'System' process taking massive amounts of RAM

http://lifehacker.com/why-is-windows-10s-system-process-using-so-much-ram-1725076206

Je_mezu24, May 19, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

Massive RAM usage

Have you checked the Details list to see which apps are using all your memory?

Mystere, May 19, 2015
  5. ascii Win User
    I did that and there is nothing out of the ordinary, just shows up the normal stuff I'm already aware of.

ascii, May 19, 2015
  6. Mystere Win User
    Well, can you post a screen shot of your performance tab? And your Processes tab sorted by memory usage?

Mystere, May 19, 2015
  7. badrobot Win User
    Try uninstalling your uTorrent and see if that does something. You can always install it back.

badrobot, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Massive RAM usage

1. Massive RAM usage - Similar Threads - Massive RAM usage

2. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  3. Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Massive data usage by "System" in network usage statistics.: What could be causing this? I have downloaded a few games on Gamepass, but nowhere near 1tb+ They only add up to 150gb. None of the games have updated. I'm currently using a 4g unlimited connection but unfortunately my 4g provider has a FUP fair usage policy and i don't...
  4. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  5. dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    dwm.exe using a massive amount of ram: [IMG] Just using Windows normally, then saw this process using a massive amount of ram. Previously it was just lower than 300mb at most times. Any help please? These are my specifications: Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz 1.80 GHzInstalled RAM: 20.0 GB...
  6. RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  7. RAM usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  8. Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage

in Browsers and Email
    Edge (Chromium) duplicating favourites on sync/massive RAM usage: Hi all, Not sure if anyone can relate to these issues or offer any advice. Has anyone noticed that the new Edge has issues with syncing favourites? When I turn on syncing, it seems to duplicate my favourites 5 or 6 times. My favourites bar for example is a complete mess of...
  9. Firefox uses massive RAM?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Firefox uses massive RAM?: So...I've got numerous Edge tabs open. One single tab of Firefox...and I get this RAM usage. What the heck? I can't even use Firefox on this machine since it eats up all my RAM. The whole machine slows down. What gives? [img] [img] 107037
  10. Sudden massive CPU usage

in Windows 10 Support
    Sudden massive CPU usage: I was fine until about 3 days ago, I was trying to root a Droid tablet that was bricked so I had to install something called Keis along with a cracking tool for Droid called Odin. The PDA files I needed were stashed on a Mega site, and it would not let me download them until...