Windows 10: Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10

Discus and support Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, we are building large VIdeowall, that will run on Windows 10, but we are not sure what is the maximum desktop resolution for multi display setup.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MarcinDubinski, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10

Hi,

we are building large VIdeowall, that will run on Windows 10, but we are not sure what is the maximum desktop resolution for multi display setup. I think it was 32k x 32k (with 128 mil maximum pixel count) in Win 7, but how this case looks in Windows 10?

Thanks,

:)

MarcinDubinski, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 desktop resolution issue

Hi Arindam,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to change the screen resolution, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Step 2: Please follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search
      box from the desktop.
    • Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on
      Apply.
    • A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select
      Keep changes.

I would like to inform that, there will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows Operating System, we will be
    happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Double Win User
    Black space in maximum resolution?

I recently upgraded a Dell Dimension E520 from XP to Windows 10. I'm having trouble getting an Acer AL2016W monitor to fit in its maximum resolution of 1680x1050. When i choose this resolution in the Display Settings, the screen is pushed to the right and a black space remains on the left. I tried moving the screen over using the monitors' settings but it slips under the space, and only moves a quarter of the way. The mouse cannot move into this space either.

I tried updating the drivers but am told "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date."
    • Display adapter - Intel(R) G965 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
    • Monitor - Generic Non-PnP Monitor
    I took a pic of the screen.. sorry for the bad lighting, I highlighted the space in red

Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Double, Jul 19, 2018
  4. Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10

Laptop Screen Resolution Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest you to update the Display Adapter Drivers.

Step 1: Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update driver software.

Refer to: How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

Step 2: Kindly follow the below steps to change the resolution of the screen and check:

• Type Change screen resolution in the Search box from the desktop.

• Under Resolution search for the Recommended resolution and click on Apply.

• A windows pops up saying "Keep these display settings", then select Keep changes.

There will be a recommended resolution for all the computers, and if you select more than the recommended resolution the screen would not support for that.

Hope this helps. Feel free to contact us for any further issues on Windows. We will be happy to help you.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10

1. Maximum desktop resolution in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Maximum desktop resolution

2. Maximum Resolution on Windows 10 Camera App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Maximum Resolution on Windows 10 Camera App?: Hi,I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC and have a 24" monitor with a pixel display of 1920x1080. I was also a corporate photo librarian for 32 years and know the importance of taking photos with maximum resolution e.g., 300 ppi.I need to know the resolution limits of the...
  3. Maximum Resolution on Windows 10 Camera App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Maximum Resolution on Windows 10 Camera App?: Hi,I am running Windows 10 on a desktop PC and have a 24" monitor with a pixel display of 1920x1080. I was also a corporate photo librarian for 32 years and know the importance of taking photos with maximum resolution e.g., 300 ppi.I need to know the resolution limits of the...
  4. Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Resolution and Active Signal resolution: Hi all, I have two monitors, my main is a 1440p monitor while my second is a 1080p. I use a application for animated wallpapers and waned to have them align better. So i set a custom resolution through AMD Radeon to 2560 x 1440. Im looking at the advanced display settings and...
  5. Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size

Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size: Hello! What is maximum supported windows desktop size / resolution ? Please don't imply it's up to GPU / graphics driver / monitor / cable etc. Please assume I have 4 x 8k monitors supported by my graphics card / cable / driver and want to arrange them as extending-right;...
  6. Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Increase resolution beyond maximum without getting "Resolution unsupported": Hi i need to increase resolution beyond the maximumof 1360x768 i am running an intel graphics 4000 igpu Windows 10 1909 i7-3770 is it possable to go beyond that Image sharpness doesnt matter i just need to increase the resolution Thanks in advance...
  7. Desktop Resolution

Desktop Resolution: Since Win10 upgraded I can't get any more than 1280 x 1084. I used to get 1920 x 1200. I can't find a setting anywhere that will let me get back to that. Any ideas? Thanks...
  8. Does Display Adapter control maximum resolution?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Does Display Adapter control maximum resolution?: Just acquired Asus PB278Q monitor on sale which is described as having the choice of a 2500 wide resolution.It is plugged in with the DVI cable. This is a Jan 2016 product and the store was clearing out older stock. The current Asus monitor was 200.00 more. I didn't realize...
  9. Black space in maximum resolution?

Black space in maximum resolution?: I recently upgraded a Dell Dimension E520 from XP to Windows 10. I'm having trouble getting an Acer AL2016W monitor to fit in its maximum resolution of 1680x1050. When i choose this resolution in the Display Settings, the screen is pushed to the right and a black space...
  10. Desktop resolution

Desktop resolution: When I load Excel, though the desk top is crisp, the Excel panel is fuzzy (clearly wrong resolution set) When I load Google Earth it tells me that the "Desktop resolution is set to less than 1024X768. Under "Settings" the display is at 1920X1080 so what is wrong? Anyone have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maximum resolution windows 10

2. windows 10 maximum resolution

3. maxiumum screen resolution windows 10

4. max resolution windows 10,
  5. windows10 desktop maxmum resolution,
  6. windows 10 maximum screen resolution,
  7. windows 10 maximum desktop resolution,
  8. windows maximum resolution,
  9. maximum desktop resolution,
  10. windows max resolution is 1280 x 1084,
  11. window 10 find maximum support resolution,