Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10

Discus and support Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a DELL Optiplex 7010 which was bought with W7 32 bit OS. I used the MS free upgrade to W10 Pro 32 bit. I have recently upgraded to 8GB of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MarkPreece, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:03 AM.

1. MarkPreece Win User

I have a DELL Optiplex 7010 which was bought with W7 32 bit OS.

I used the MS free upgrade to W10 Pro 32 bit.

I have recently upgraded to 8GB of RAM, however although 8GB is detected apparently only 3.5 GB is usable.

I have updated bios etc to latest.

Having read around I have found articles which indicate W7 32 bit is limited to 4GB.

Does the same apply to W10 32 bit?

I'm wondering do I need to go down the upgrade to W10 64 bit ?

:)

2. knute97 Win User

Install W10 32 bit after 64 bit installation?

I upgraded my computer from W8 32 bit to W10 64 bit to take advantage of my installed 6 GB RAM instead of being limited to 4 GB RAM under the old system.

Now that I have upgraded, I find that running my 32 bit Turbocad program I run out of RAM memory when I render a drawing. I have since found out that W10 64 bit limits 32 bit programs to 2 GB.

Would the installation of a dual boot 32/64 bit OS allow me to run the program and access more RAM?

If so, I upgraded to W10 64 bit by uploading the free installation program. How would I install a 32 bit OS?

3. Faizz Jazadi Win User
    1.71gb Usable RAM of 4gb

I have Windows 10 32 bit installed in my laptop. I upgraded the memory to 2+2gb. It has two slots. BIOS Says that the RAM is 4gb Installed. But in my windows it looks different. It has 4gb, 2.98gb Usable. I try to replugging the RAM. After it, the usable
    RAM is 1.71gb of 4gb ram. I have tried to uncheck maximum memory in MsConfig, but nothing was happened. You can see the shared memory in the image below. I tried to open the bios, it says 4 gb of ram installed. My laptop is Lenovo B40-45 with AMD APU A8-6410
    Processor. How to solve the problem? Help me please

Faizz Jazadi, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:05 AM
  4. Faizz Jazadi Win User

3.46G Usable instead of 6 gb ram

Previously, I have installed 32 bit version of Windows 10 when my ram is 4 gb (1.71gb Usable), after it, I installed 64 bit version of windows but the usable ram is not icreasing. I upgraded the ram to 6gb but the usable ram is 3.46g, I want to increase
    the usable RAM size, anyway?

Faizz Jazadi, Aug 10, 2018 at 9:05 AM
Thema:

1. Maximum usable RAM in 32 bit W10 - Similar Threads - Maximum usable RAM

2. W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W10 Voice Dictation bar takes up too much space: Windows 10's latest voice dictation works well enough that I'm now using it to dictate drafts. Unfortunately, it takes up too much real estate on my on my 13.3" laptop. It is literally 1/2 the width of the screen. Worse yet, it can't be minimized, can't be resized, and is...
  3. Audio Distortion in Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop Speakers Only - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Distortion in Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop Speakers Only - Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit: I have tried all the troubleshooting given in the community pages. 1. Uninstalled Audio Drivers and Re-Installed 2. Changed the Audio Format, 3. Disabled Dolby Enhancements, 4. Performed Clean Install of Windows etc etc etc Below are the Specs of my Lappy:- Lenovo...
  4. How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to use your hard drive as RAM in Windows 10: Windows 10 has a feature that allows part of your hard drive to work the same way that RAM(Random Access Memory) does. Known as virtual memory, it is important to system stability and can help improve your computer’s performance when properly configured. Before covering how...
  5. Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have only 3,3 GB of available RAM out of 6?: So my laptop is never slow on normal usage, but when I play heavy games like CS:GO it really lags. The framerate drops so much, to the point where I can't even move in the game without bumping into enemies and objects. Now, I know I don't have a gaming laptop (see the...
  6. windows 10 64 bit operating systen is back to an old APP 64 workgroup from my new xfinity...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 64 bit operating systen is back to an old APP 64 workgroup from my new xfinity...: How do I get rid of APP64 old workgroup which somehow keeps coming back to my laptop? I have a windows 10 operating system with 64 bit?...
  7. System 32

in Windows 10 Customization
    System 32: I was installing Windows 10 and it was stuck stuck at 98% so me being an impatient idiot I turned off my PC and turned it on again it said that Windows 10 was installed but system 32 was deleted, I can't go into settings or the search bar or anything I need help...
  8. External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Bare Drive Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  9. External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux

in Windows 10 Support
    External Bare Drivfe Enclosure for W10 and Linux: Any recommendations for enclosures that will work with both OS's? 115832
  10. Will image composer run on W10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will image composer run on W10 Pro?: I've been running MS image composer on Xp and am looking to upgrade systems to a W10 pro. Is there a problem with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/will-image-composer-run-on-w10-pro/3c4f9c06-5735-4865-b5b2-81b356bcdef5