Windows 10: may i know when does w10 check for updates?

Discus and support may i know when does w10 check for updates? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi may i know when does windows 10 check for updates? every days or every boot ? thanks 21580 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by drugo, Sep 6, 2015.

1. drugo Win User

may i know when does w10 check for updates?

Hi
    may i know when does windows 10 check for updates?

every days or every boot ?

thanks

:)

drugo, Sep 6, 2015

2. May I know what does WINDOWS UPDATE FAILURE 3 mean?

Thank yo, Dennis. It resolved the issue.

ConnieLorenzo1, Sep 6, 2015
  3. May I know what does WINDOWS UPDATE FAILURE 3 mean?

may i know when does w10 check for updates? [​IMG]

may i know when does w10 check for updates? [​IMG]

This appears after I did the reset of the Windows OS. Then I did the reinstallation again and this appears again.

I hope to know what does this mean.

Thank you for your help.

Connie

ConnieLorenzo1, Sep 6, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

If the options you give me are once per day or once per boot, then for me it definitely is once per day. Roughly every 24 hours. Judging from what I see, the number of boots is irrelevant. Apart from that you can still check for updates manually anytime you want.

Joergi, Sep 6, 2015
  5. drugo Win User
    thanks
    can't find it in the schedule

drugo, Sep 6, 2015
  6. Joergi Win User
    If with "scheduled" you mean scheduled tasks, then I think there is no such task. Windows Update is run as a service in the background. This service is started and run as needed; it is not using a task.

Joergi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. may i know when does w10 check for updates? - Similar Threads - may does w10

2. May I know the size of windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    May I know the size of windows updates?: I want to know the size of windows 10 updates that can be installed from:- Microsoft Website Auto update from settings And "UPDATE ASSISTANT"? I need to update my os from build 1803 to 2004 and therefore i want to know whether it can be installed within 1.5 gb or not......
  3. Does anyone know when store apps update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know when store apps update?: I’d like for apps to update automatically, but they never do, and I don’t think I’ve ever been able to make them do that. Is there something like the iPhones, where it’s has to be asleep, charging and all this stuff? On the Mac I’m pretty sure it updates apps once a week. Is...
  4. Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does anyone know how to disable updates in W10 without messing with the registry?: I know this has been asked before, but I believe that the last time I searched this up I just found a lot of old posts, so I thought I'd ask for myself to see if there's a way now. Every time I get forced to update my laptop, it feels a lot more sluggish and I have to revert...
  5. When does 'Check for updates' run?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    When does 'Check for updates' run?: Hello, When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically. Thanks 139556
  6. When does 'Check for updates' run?

When does 'Check for updates' run?: Hello, When does 'Check for updates' run? Three days have passed but Windows doesn't check for new update automatically. Thanks 139556
  7. W10 May 2019 Update 1903

W10 May 2019 Update 1903: when will it be released? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/w10-may-2019-update-1903/dbb09df1-383f-494b-8f7a-b604903e795d
  8. May W10 Update potential problems ?

in Windows 10 Support
    May W10 Update potential problems ?: Hello, Lots of Posts around re a May Update to W10 by MS. Seems all sorts of nasty things will happen, especially if you have any external HD (perhaps for backups) installed. Other problems too, apparently. And, lots of hints for disabling the automatic backup that MS...
  9. May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot

in Windows 10 Support
    May 2018 W10 update, desktop will not boot: I'm not certain where this should be posted. Please advise of better place. my desktop is a Gateway, running an I5 processor. 8 g ram 500g HD. no problems until today, after running the latest microsoft update. before update, I did a system restore; but did not make backup...
  10. Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update does not check for updates automatically.: I have this problem for a long time on my laptop, windows update does not automatically search for updates, I have to do a manual search to download the latest updates. I have run the microsoft problem solver, also one that I found in this forum, I have installed and...