Windows 10: MBAM 3 "Scan for Rootkits" Off or On?

Discus and support MBAM 3 "Scan for Rootkits" Off or On? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The Default setting in MBAM 3 is "Scan for Rootkits" is off. Is it OK to use defaults or should the Rootkits be turned on for the daily scheduled... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fireberd, Jun 27, 2017.

1. fireberd Win User

MBAM 3 "Scan for Rootkits" Off or On?

The Default setting in MBAM 3 is "Scan for Rootkits" is off.
    Is it OK to use defaults or should the Rootkits be turned on for the daily scheduled scan?

:)

fireberd, Jun 27, 2017
  2. Time Lady Win User

virus/freeze/email

Scan using Malwarebytes & ADWcleaner. Make sure MBAM is set to scan for rootkits, PUPs & PUAs.

Time Lady, Jun 27, 2017
  3. vilu85 Win User
    " Waiting for approval " until when !????

It means that it's waiting for approval from your operator and it has nothing to do with Nokia.

You could call your operator and ask about this approval, someone in technical service may know that how long it takes to approve the newest firmware. (For some reason, every operator has to approve the firmware updates and only after that their clients
    can do the update)

vilu85, Jun 27, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi. I turn it on, always, for all scans.

simrick, Jun 28, 2017
  5. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    Two locations exist for controlling MB3's optional rootkit scans. Each individual MB3 Premium scheduled scan can optionally scan for rootkits. Manual scans may also optionally search for rootkits. Although all of MB3's scan times have been dramatically decreased, optionally scanning for rootkits will cause any scan time to significantly increase.

Some MB3 Premium users run daily scheduled scans without optionally scanning for rootkits while running a separate weekly/monthly scan with rootkit optionally selected.

6. fireberd Win User
    OK. I think I'll turn mine on. Because of the daily scan time and the fact I have a fast i7 6700 CPU it won't really impact me.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. MBAM 3 "Scan for Rootkits" Off or On? - Similar Threads - MBAM Scan Rootkits

2. rootkit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    rootkit: HiWhat are rootkits on my desktop via MALWARE bytes?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rootkit/07a0f6b2-1909-4285-98dd-e31b72c3192d
  3. rootkit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    rootkit: HiWhat are rootkits on my desktop via MALWARE bytes?Thank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rootkit/07a0f6b2-1909-4285-98dd-e31b72c3192d
  4. rootkit

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Rootkits

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Rootkits: I have been searching the internet and nowhere can I find an answer concerning how are these installed on or in a system.Am I to assume that something like this 'rootkit' may be installed by USB or downloaded from a website, considering the word 'installed' implies this?Can...
  6. Blue screen from rootkit scan..awpdraob.sys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blue screen from rootkit scan..awpdraob.sys?: I ran a rootkit scanning program (gmer) in safe mode and encountered the dreaded blue screen error - and this has happened several times before - with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL What failed: “awpdraob.sys" I cannot find any info whatsoever concerning this...
  7. Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer

Windows Defender turned off by Rootkit Revealer: Registry Key DWORD:00000001 can not change to 0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-turned-off-by-rootkit-revealer/938fdcd7-2371-4572-b0cb-34f5ce4ed2b2
  8. Rootkit

Rootkit: Can a Rootkit be Totally annihilated by Scanning through Defender? What if it is deeply embedded in the OS itself, finding root on some apps or file or even in user and kernel levels. This is my problem cause my secondary Laptop came pre installed apps and Rootkit, of which I...
  9. Mbam Free

Mbam Free: New Version MBAM Free released.....Version 3.3.1.2183 100897
  10. BSODs for MBAMSwissArmy During Normal Usage (MBAM Is Not Scanning)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs for MBAMSwissArmy During Normal Usage (MBAM Is Not Scanning): Hello, This is the third time I've posted for assistance for BSOD's, so sorry to keep bothering you, but luckily I seem to be getting less and less BSOD's each time! I keep getting this one for MBAMSwissArmy.sys however, so as always, I've uploaded the DM collector log file....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do you scan for rootkits in malwarebytes 3?