Windows 10: MBR Problem on SSD

Discus and support MBR Problem on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi to all, I am new here, i just want to ask if there's anyone can help me. How can i possible do this kind of setup.. MBR (system partition)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by smartfish, Mar 1, 2016.

1. smartfish Win User

MBR Problem on SSD

Hi to all,

I am new here, i just want to ask if there's anyone can help me.

How can i possible do this kind of setup..

MBR (system partition) - will be installed on Drive C:\ (SSD)
    Operating system - will be installed on Drive D:\ (SATA)

Because i always experience startup problem on my SSD Drive.

Thanks,

:)

smartfish, Mar 1, 2016

2. [Solved] Windows 10 not shutting down after Creator's update

I have a Surface Book running Windows 10 Pro with GPT partitions, my two two tower computers have three SSDs running Windows 10 (two with Creators Update and one with the Anniversary Update) with MBR partitions and, one SSD with Windows 7. That gives
    me different platforms to test software and, one Windows 10 SSD where I'm currently installating WAMP and JOOMLA. I use Acronis True Image and the earlier versions would only image MBR partitions, so I now have True Image 2017 that will also image GPT.
    The problem there is that Acronis issued an update at the same time as the final issue of Creators Update was launched. Unfortunately, the update caused MBR error 3 so I rebuilt the MBR and Boot to get it running and then did a clean install of Creators Update.
    Windows 10 Anniversary and Creators Updates run OK with MBR partitions: each primary SSD has one partition for the OS and one for programs with the majority of free space run with Magician and Rapid. The data output is stored on a 1TB HDD and backed up to
    a 2 TB HDD. The two HDDs are common to the four SSDs that are swapped in the two towers via caddies.

John-Boy42, Mar 1, 2016
  3. redhonker Win User
    Can I restore an image of UEFI system to a MBR partition?

Is this feasible?

I have Windows 10 on UEFI/GPT partition. I have an image created by Windows own backup tool.

I got a small SSD which people say it's better to kept in MBR.

Is it possible to somehow restore the UEFI system image to MBR SSD?

Thanks

redhonker, Mar 1, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

MBR Problem on SSD

Disconnect all drives but the SSD and make sure the SSD is connected to the first SATA port (if it is SATA). Boot from the Windows 10 installation USB or DVD. Select the custom install option. Delete all the partitions on the SSD in the next window which lists drives and partitions. Highlight the unallocated space and click next to let Windows installation set up the partitions on the SSD and install Windows on it.

After it is all set up, then reconnect the other hard drive(s), but make sure the SSD is still the first device set to boot from in bios.

NavyLCDR, Mar 2, 2016
Thema:

MBR Problem on SSD

1. MBR Problem on SSD - Similar Threads - MBR Problem SSD

2. Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue Converting SSD from MBR to GPT: Hi everyone, and hope you are all having a good day.I have a Dell Laptop which I recently installed a Kingston SSD into. I've been trying to change the drive from MBR to GPT for a few days now, and nothing seems to be working. I've tried running the command multiple times...
  3. Clean Install of 11 / Old SSD is MBR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install of 11 / Old SSD is MBR: I need to do a clean install onto an NVMe M.2 2280 and my Win 10 SSD is inadvertently MBR instead of GPT to install from there. Can I use my Win 10 code for fresh install and will the Win 11 ISO/USB be immediately available on the 5th? All else passes for Win 11.Thanks....
  4. Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD: Hello, I've read the Basic and Dynamic notes from MS here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...DN#basic_disks and this is what I'd like to achieve - I think. Screenshot of MS MBR layout [img] But I've made a mistake in my installing win10 to a brand new SSD, in that I...
  5. Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Advice about partitioning my MBR SSD: Hello, I've read the Basic and Dynamic notes from MS here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/win...DN#basic_disks and this is what I'd like to achieve - I think. Screenshot of MS MBR layout [img] But I've made a mistake in my installing win10 to a brand new SSD, in that I...
  6. SSD, windows 10, and MBR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD, windows 10, and MBR: So recently i built a new computer and have an SSD with a win 10 install on it, as well as 3 other HDDs one with 4tb Unallocated, another 4tb that is already partitioned with gPT, and one with 1 tb. However the same thing always happens, even if that 4tb is completely...
  7. SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal?

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD has 3 MBR's . Is this normal?: Hi Friends, Not sure if this is normal or maybe I did something to make another MBR. I know have 3 MDR on my boot SSD and want to know if this is normal or did I do something in the the past when I recovered from a mirror image? Can anyone help and explain? Should I reformat...
  8. MBR to GPT problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MBR to GPT problem: While picking a partition for dual boot windows says it cannot be installed on mbr drive. Now i used diskpart to split the partition then nothing happened, it says it cannot process because the memory was low. How can i fix it....
  9. Problems after repairing MBR

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems after repairing MBR: Hi all, First time poster here that is hoping for a little help possibly. Hopefully this isn’t too long winded, just want to give as much info as possible to help with a solution. PC specs: Dell XPS 9000 (I know its old, but it still works for what I need) Win 10 (early...
  10. SSD trim on an MBR install

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD trim on an MBR install: I currently see 3 drives in 'optimize drives' as follows: C: , System Reserved which I assume has the boot tables and stuff, and what appears to be a network drive displayed \\?Volume{8ebc5064-0000-0000- etc. In Disk Management I have the System Reserve partition and C:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Kigston SSD problems with MBR