Windows 10: McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

Discus and support McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by lpatrick, Sep 17, 2017.

1. lpatrick Win User

McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender

I have McAfee LiveSafe. Should I run McAfee LiveSafe plus Windows Defender? Would it be more protective if I used Windows Defender plus some product other than McAfee LiveSafe? Lastly, is it best to use Windows Defender by itself?

I asked a very similar question some time ago and honestly did not clearly understand the advice.

Thank you.

:)

lpatrick, Sep 17, 2017

2. windows defender wont update

There is McAfee LiveSafe-Internet Security

DorcasMutukwa, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Le Boule Win User
    windows 10 Defender & Mcafee Livesafe

If you downloaded and installed McAfee, then Windows Defender should
    have been disabled.

If Windows Defender is not disabled, then there is a problem.

Le Boule, Sep 17, 2017
  4. bo elam Win User

Sounds to me like you are looking for something to use along your antivirus. I suggest you look at Sandboxie, a sandboxing program. Myself, I found Sandboxie about 10 years ago when I was looking for the best proactive protection to combine with my antivirus. I feel lucky I found and choose Sandboxie over the many product I found.. I have been using it ever since and malware don't come around anymore. In fact, I used to get infected once or twice a year every year, it was a cycle that came to an end the day I started using Sandboxie. Infections went away completely, this is so even though I basically still do same browsing and run same programs than when I used to get infected.

If you decide to check it out and try it, I suggest you run it along Windows defender. The reason being that it gets along very well with WD. No conflict whatsoever. Last time SBIE conflicted with WD was during early WD version 1 (MSE at the time). Thats a long long time ago. McAfee does conflict with SBIE somewhat, there are workarounds but I suggest to try it with WD.

That day when I got tired of getting infected and started looking for something that worked better than programs that required virus signatures, continuous updates, I found the video below, it was sort of like a birdog pointing at Sandboxie. The guy who made the video was not familiar with SBIE when he made it, so he looks clunky but what he says about Sandboxie is how it is.
    Sandboxie Review Part 1 - YouTube

Learning Sandboxie is easy, specially if you allow yourself the time to do it. There is a free and paid version. You start with the free version sandboxing your default browser and go from there, later, you ll sandbox, all type of programs and files. Myself, basically, I sandbox all files and programs that run in my computers. Files I download, they run sandboxed during their lifetime in the PC. There are exceptions but that's pretty much how it is.

Sandboxie - Sandbox software for application isolation and secure Web browsing

Sandboxie Support - Index page

Bo

bo elam, Sep 17, 2017
  5. bo elam Win User
    lpatric, I forgot to say something yesterday which is important. McAfee LiveSafe and Windows Defender are antiviruses/antimalware, You should never run two real time antiviruses at the same time. Doing so creates problems and makes your computer less secure. You have to pick one.

The setup I recommended you try works perfectly well as the antivirus handles known threats (the ones the AV has a signature for) and Sandboxie takes care of the rest, zero day threats (unknown to the AV, no signatures).

Bo

bo elam, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. McAfee LiveSafe + Windows Defender - Similar Threads - McAfee LiveSafe Defender

2. If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If i uninstall mcafee livesafe will my antivirus be switched to windows defender?: So, i have mcafee livesave pre-installed on my new laptop and i'm getting sick of trial antiviruses, and i wan't to uninstall it, so if i uninstall mcafee livesave will my pc be protected this time by windows defender?...
  3. pc internet slow after uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    pc internet slow after uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe: Hi, I have this weird issue over here. I have Windows 10 Home installed in my laptop. It comes with pre installed McAfee anti-virus. I removed the complete McAfee LiveSafe anti-virus using control panel. The actual problem starts here. The internet connectivity slows down...
  4. McAfee LiveSafe License Backup

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    McAfee LiveSafe License Backup: Hi I'm Praneeth, I have McAfee LiveSafe 1 yr License. If I re-installed Windows I get back McAfee LiveSafe License or not?? Please suggest me what to do!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-livesafe-license-backup/3e00eae4-6c0d-47c1-9fc3-d2592fd03a41
  5. mcafee livesafe

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    mcafee livesafe: Hello When we bought our laptop we bought Mcafee Livesafe aswell . We now find we can't install it on Windows 10S. Do we not need the mcafee or is there something else we should do ?...
  6. Mcafee LiveSafe

Mcafee LiveSafe: Hi all. Looking to renew my subscription to the subject after 3 years. I note that there is no longer a 3 year renewal available on their website. Only 1 year with automatic renewals. Looking to get the best deal on a 3 year if its available out there somewhere. Anyone have...
  7. How to delete McAfee LiveSafe propely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to delete McAfee LiveSafe propely?: My girlfriend has quite recent bought a Asus laptop to use for school, and I noticed that it had McAfee LiveSafe on the laptop pre-installed. I didn't like the look of it seeing as I have had many bad experiences with McAfee in the past and wanted to uninstall it. After I...
  8. uninstall McAfee LiveSafe

uninstall McAfee LiveSafe: Having trouble uninstalling McAfee LiveSafe. Followed instructions provided by McAfee, but it did not good. HELP PLEASE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-mcafee-livesafe/ce1ac8a6-d2a8-45a9-832b-228e2e50c121"
  9. How to remove McAfee LiveSafe

How to remove McAfee LiveSafe: My computer came with a one month free trial of McAfee LiveSafe which has now expired and I have tried to delete it but with no luck. I now cant restore my Firewall settings back to Windows security so am being told that my computer is at risk. How can I fix this? Julie...
  10. removing mcafee livesafe

removing mcafee livesafe: How do I completely remove ALL traces of pre-installed mcafee livesafe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/removing-mcafee-livesafe/e3675dc0-4408-46c2-8082-fefecc10d07b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. defender mit mcafee livesafe problem

2. mcafee livesafe vs windows defender

3. mcafee live safe or windows defender

4. should i run windows defender with mcafee live safe,
  5. windows 10 can mcafee and windows defender run same time,
  6. can I use McAfee and Windows Defender at the same time,
  7. should i run mcafee and windows defender atthe same time,
  8. can windows defender run with mcafee livesafe,
  9. do you need mcafee anti virius product for windows 10,
  10. will mcafee work with windows10 defender?,
  11. can mcafee livesafe and windows defender run together,