Windows 10: Mcafee question

Discus and support Mcafee question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have Mcafee Live-safe Internet security. when ever I do a full virus scan it takes a long time to do so I was chatting with there live chat... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BDman, Sep 28, 2015.

1. BDman Win User

Mcafee question

Hi
    I have Mcafee Live-safe Internet security. when ever I do a full virus scan it takes a long time to do so I was chatting with there live chat technical support and told me for the full virus scan to move A long. my Computer would have to stay active if it's not the full virus scan would pause. can anyone please tell me how to keep my Computer active with having to keep clicking on my mouse or touching my keyboard? Thank you for any help on this. I have Windows 10 home 64 bit

:)

BDman, Sep 28, 2015
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 28, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Mcafee security, uninstalled but still ubiquitous

Why would you not ask Intel/McAfee this question? Have you used the McAfee tool for uninstalling the software?

JimWynne, Sep 28, 2015
  4. Mcafee question

This doesn't make sense. Why not simply run the scan when you're going to sleep at night? Then you won't even notice how long it takes.

Also, your first/biggest mistake is using Mcafee to begin with.
    Why don't you use Windows Defender?

However, if you persist on using Mcafee you can disable your sleep settings while you run your scans. That will technically keep your system "active" while the scan runs.

Why Mcafee is unable to inhibit system sleep while it's running is ... let's not even go down that road.

Respectfully BDman, you really should get rid of that piece of crapware that is Mcafee and use something more appropriate/efficient.

PlatypusKnight, Sep 28, 2015
  5. Hi I use McAfee same as O P and I have no trouble at all, scans fast and runs as good as gold I found Norton, Bit Defender etc slowed my laptop down and I don't like the Windows one

hTconeM9user, Sep 28, 2015
  6. BDman Win User
    Hi HtconeM9user so you do not have to keep your Computer active to run a full virus scan ?

BDman, Sep 28, 2015
  7. No i just leave it to go to sleep and McAfee wakes it up when it is set to scan and update because when i wake it up in morning McAfee tells me it has done Scan and found nothing or it has updated its self and i carry on as normal

hTconeM9user, Sep 28, 2015
  8. Mcafee question

I'm glad you were here to help htconem9user. It's always better if the person who helps actually uses the software and isn't an unabashed hater of it.

Mcafee question :)

PlatypusKnight, Sep 28, 2015
  9. That is why i came to the rescue as i use it and know how it works and to me, it does the job

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mcafee question

1. Mcafee question - Similar Threads - Mcafee question

2. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  3. Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem replacing McAfee with Widows Defender: I'e used McAfee antivirus for many years. Currently I'm using the Total Protection version in Windows 11, but it has the annoying habit of popping up unwanted ads for McAfee products that I don't want with no way to shut them off, so I want to replace it with Windows...
  4. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

in Windows 10 Gaming
    which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  5. which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg

which of the following is needed Windows Defender, McAfee, Malwarebytes, ccleaner, or avg: Do I need ALL of the above mentioned and if not which is the best combination* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-of-the-following-is-needed-windows-defender/39790248-1b8e-4856-aaa8-88919bcb2bbf
  6. Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает...: Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает ошибку asus\armourydevice\dll\swagent\armouryswagent.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%B9/c6d2d3c9-d458-49b5-98c9-6648ac259fb4
  7. Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает...

Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает...: Добрый день! Удалил приложение Mcafee, после пуск исчез, папки не открываются, выдает ошибку asus\armourydevice\dll\swagent\armouryswagent.exe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D1%8B%D0%B9/c6d2d3c9-d458-49b5-98c9-6648ac259fb4
  8. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  9. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do: I am using an old HP laptop running Windows 10. I have searched and tried everything I’ve found, I cannot get McAfee off my computer. It’s constantly running, taking up memory and disk space, and ending the task in task manager does nothing. My computer is already using...
  10. Cannot uninstall McAfee no matter what I do

in Windows 10 Customization