Windows 10: McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL?

Discus and support McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I'm not sure where to ask this, so please move to the correct place if needed. I'm curious as to the security of Gmail. I have the extension McAfee... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Bobby Phoenix, Nov 7, 2016.

1. McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL?

I'm not sure where to ask this, so please move to the correct place if needed. I'm curious as to the security of Gmail. I have the extension McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing from the Chrome Store, and when checking it on Gmail it shows No SSL. Why is that? I checked other email providers like Outlook and Yahoo, and both show Valid SSL. Can someone please explain this? Here are two examples. Gmail shows No SSL, and Yahoo shows Valid SSL. Is Gmail not as safe/secure? Why do some show Valid SSL and some do not even though they both start the same with HTTPS?

EDIT on findings: I've done some other checks on other Google pages, and they show Valid SSL (Checked Google+ and Google search). It seems only Gmail shows No SSL.

McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL? [​IMG]

McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL? [​IMG]

:)

Bobby Phoenix, Nov 7, 2016

2. Will McAfee Live Safe interfere with Windows Defender?

Have McAfee Live Safe Internet Security on 30 day trial. Really want to use Windows Defender but want to know if having McAfee as a 'Vendor' application will cause problems?

Also McAfee updated recently & I find I now have two McAfee firewalls in operation.

Any suggestions?

* Moved from Windows 10 | Security

* Original title: Internet Security McAfee Live Safe

DeniseHiggs, Nov 7, 2016
  3. Windows Defender Won't 'turn on'

Many thanks,

There is no McAfee in my program list, nor does an app turn up on search, nor is it present in system tray etc..

Yet...

After your last comment I looked through my services, and indeed, we have:

McAfee Core Firewall Service

McAfee Process Validation Service

McAfee Management Service

Interesting..

Now, this doesn't look like your standar McAfee AntiVirus setup, please correct me if I'm wrong.

However was this what you were referring to? Or are these services functional and safe?

I assume these were present when WD was working well last week and previous.

Many Thanks

Drystan101, Nov 7, 2016
  4. McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL?

I did some checking, and I think I know why. Gmail uses QUIC protocol, and not standard TLS/SSL. I don't know for sure, so if anyone could still help I would like to know. With all the hacking/issue on the web lately I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

Bobby Phoenix, Nov 7, 2016
Thema:

McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL?

1. McAfee SECURE Safe Browsing shows Gmail doesn't have a valid SSL? - Similar Threads - McAfee SECURE Safe

2. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  3. McAfee safe connect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee safe connect: Any one know if "McAfee safe connect" is safe or should I remove it from my programs??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-safe-connect/27a3aea0-1ac9-41b4-84cc-d4c3a541d208"
  4. Mcafee safe connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mcafee safe connect: i dont have a mcafee account but they have set up a direct debit continuous and i cant cancel it any ideas how to cancel this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mcafee-safe-connect/b09cd24d-a1cf-4f93-914e-994cb362f166
  5. doesn't have a valid IP configuration

doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Unable to get internet connection via LAN or WiFi. All other machines on the network connect fine. Troubleshooter shows: "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration I've tried: 1. Troubleshooter (as above) 2. Reset...
  6. McAfee security

McAfee security: Can someone please provide me with the tool to erase all of McAfee security again,as I have lost it. 33398
  7. Mcafee Live safe Internet security

Mcafee Live safe Internet security: Hi. I have just bought a new HP Desktop computer with Windows 10. Home 64bit preload on it on 8/14/2015. It came with Mcafee Live safe Internet security that will expire on 9/13/2015 I would like to get some opinions on this his do I let it expire and start using windows...
  8. Doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello all. I've been having the above issue at different times and it is getting a bit irritating to restart the modem(router). How can I permanently fix it so that my internet can be online 24/7 without me having resetting the box? And how come it says that I have...
  9. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello, I'm about 4 hours deep into trying to fix this. I've followed several forum posts with similar issues, with no luck. I've been running windows 10 on my PC with my current hardware (including modem/router) for about a year now with no issues. Yesterday I booted...
  10. Google Security Blog: A new site for Safe Browsing

in Windows 10 News
    Google Security Blog: A new site for Safe Browsing: Since launching in 2007, the Safe Browsing team has been dedicated to our mission of protecting users from phishing, malware, and unwanted software on the web. Our coverage currently extends to more than two billion internet-connected devices, including Chrome users on...