Windows 10: McAfee security

Discus and support McAfee security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Can someone please provide me with the tool to erase all of McAfee security again,as I have lost it. 33398 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by willden, Dec 10, 2015.

1. willden Win User

McAfee security

Can someone please provide me with the tool to erase all of McAfee security again,as I have lost it.

:)

willden, Dec 10, 2015
  2. RDrewD2 Win User

McAfee internet security..

Warren,

Do you need to install it? No. But if you don't, just make sure Windows Defender is on and up to date.

Should you install it? Dunno. Every user has to make their own call about which defense strategy to run on their system.
    There isn't a "best" antivirus solution; some folks opt to run paid programs like McAfee, and other folks opt to run with Defender either by itself or with free versions of compatible programs like Malwarebytes alongside.
    So while you don't need to install your McAfee, installing it would be one of many options to consider.
    Hope this non-answer helps you at least a little bit.

RDrewD2, Dec 10, 2015
  3. McAfee internet security..

I have a new Lenovo windows 10 desktop. It came with McAfee internet security . As I am discovering all the capabilities, I see that Windows 10 has, among other features... protection, firewalls, & security features. Having said that, Do I still need a internet
    security program, Such as McAfee, AVG, etc.

I am using Firefox.

McAfee keeps popping up advising me to sign up, do I need too?

Please advise....Warren

warrenteasleyshow, Dec 10, 2015
  4. McAfee security

paulsalter, Dec 10, 2015
  5. Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Dec 10, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    wilden,
    paulsalter's link seems to have problem remaining opened.
    If you have problem with it, see if this link will open ok.........
    It comes from the same source....... McAfee itself.

McAfee Removal Tool

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  7. Thanks for other link, there was a message that the site is having problems, took me a couple of refreshes to get it to stay open

paulsalter, Dec 10, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

McAfee security

No problem.
    I had to re-do the my link twice before it sticks.

davidhk, Dec 10, 2015
  9. finlay Win User
    Apologies for tagging on here, but I'm not sure it warrants a new thread.

I have a new computer with one year of McAfee but I'm thinking about removing it. It slows down my Dell 5759 for the 1st two minutes, when I open Task Manager CPU and Disk usage are 100%.

It's kinda ridiculous having a slow Core i5 8GB RAM laptop but I still have my doubts. Am I doing the right thing getting rid of McAfee?
    T.I.A.

finlay, Dec 15, 2015
  10. Is that when it is loading everything.
    If you are not happy with it then try and turn off some of the settings in McAfee.
    Or set a delay time to start up the rest
    If not happy then remove it using the link posted.
    I have it at the moment but as soon as my subscription run out I am thinking of changing it
    The way windows Defender is improving all the time I will probably install that

hTconeM9user, Dec 15, 2015
  11. davidhk Win User
    You claim that McAfee slows down your computer.
    You will have to prove that to your own satisfaction.
    Can you reinstall it if you have it uninstalled ?
    If yes, uninstall it and see if it makes a difference.
    If it does not, reinstall McAfee.
    If it does, enable Windows Defender as your Real Time protection.
    Then install Malwarebytes, free edition, as your On-Demand protection.
    Malwarebytes for Windows
    Select the free edition for now. You can buy the full version later on if you like it that much.

P.S. Real Time Protection means it starts to scan and protect your system the moment you turn on the computer.
    On-demand Protection means it stays dormant until you turn it on, and it will stop after finishing scanning.

davidhk, Dec 15, 2015
  12. WHS
    whs Win User
    If you remove McAfee, you have to get something else (e.g. Norton) to protect your system. Question is whether that will be better. I am not a friend of McAfee - I am neutral. But McAfee has a good reputation. Take that into consideration.

13. finlay Win User

McAfee security

Thanks for all the good advice, particularly htcone, it didn't even occur to me to try adjusting some settings from within McAfee.
    Before ... I was under the impression that Microsoft's own native tool - Security Essentials/Defender - was sufficient (including real-time protection)? But I suppose its debatable ...

finlay, Dec 15, 2015
  14. Vespasian Win User
    Had a billing issue a few years ago, within minutes after hanging up was contacted by some Indian outfit fixing my PC problems ????

Vespasian, Dec 17, 2015
  15. Glad you got it sorted and I was able to help

hTconeM9user, Dec 17, 2015
Thema:

McAfee security

1. McAfee security - Similar Threads - McAfee security

2. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  3. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?: HELP! I did not know I was installing McAfee Security Scan Plus when I installed "free" Acrobat Reader! I have tried everything to uninstall and remove it! I already have antivirus software and this slows the computer down. How do I get rid of it?...
  4. How do I uninstall McAfee Security Scan Plus from Windows 10 PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.: I had two McAfee apps on my list of Installed Apps and I was able to uninstall one of them but not the McAfee Security Scan Plus app. When I click on Uninstall for the McAfee app, I get a pop-up that will not open all the way. I think it is telling me what I will be losing if...
  6. How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.

How do you uninstall the McAfee Security Scan Plus app? I have tried everything.: I had two McAfee apps on my list of Installed Apps and I was able to uninstall one of them but not the McAfee Security Scan Plus app. When I click on Uninstall for the McAfee app, I get a pop-up that will not open all the way. I think it is telling me what I will be losing if...
  7. Why do Windows Updates Always Disable McAfee Security App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do Windows Updates Always Disable McAfee Security App: Every Windows update each month completely disables my McAfee security applications, necessitating a tedious uninstall/reinstall process to re-establish McAfee. Why does this keep happening?...
  8. Why do Windows Updates Always Disable McAfee Security App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do Windows Updates Always Disable McAfee Security App: Every Windows update each month completely disables my McAfee security applications, necessitating a tedious uninstall/reinstall process to re-establish McAfee. Why does this keep happening?...
  9. Why do Windows Updates Always Disable McAfee Security App

10. Why do Windows Updates Sabotage McAfee Security?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do Windows Updates Sabotage McAfee Security?: Month after month, Windows 10 updates totally sabotage McAfee security and try to activate Windows Defender instead. This is unacceptable. How do I stop this from happening again?...