Windows 10: McAfee shutting down internet access

Discus and support McAfee shutting down internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After the latest MS update, my computer is unable to access the internet and McAfee is acting weird. My internet connection is good and am able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tazgohome, Jul 5, 2017.

1. tazgohome Win User

McAfee shutting down internet access

After the latest MS update, my computer is unable to access the internet and McAfee is acting weird. My internet connection is good and am able to access it when in safe mode with networking. I have malwarebytes installed with premium account. Not it shows the basic free mode. When I activate the license, it tells me it cannot access the server, check with your administrator. All my apps seems to not be able to access the internet when in normal operating mode. Think my firewall is blocking everything and I cannot get into McAfee to fix it or uninstall it. Don't know what is happening. Any ideas? Thanks.

:)

tazgohome, Jul 5, 2017
  2. Elrendhel Win User

Motorola Q9 Internet problems ?

If you have McAfee Firewall, please try shutting it down on your Desktop and see if you can surf the internet...

Does McAfee have a client application for your Q9?

Elrendhel, Jul 5, 2017
  3. update KB4022725

Hi

I've experimented with turning off other software, and it appears that McAfee is the software that interacts with the Windows update. Getting round this problem is proving difficult, and Edge and Explorer are still not working, unless McAfee is completely
    shut down - which is not a safe way to use the internet. Any suggestions would be welcome.

RichardBaker_902, Jul 5, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Then dump McAfee and use the Windows Firewall and the built in Defender program that has been made better in Creators update. The problem with these third party security agents, is that if your network is set in Windows as Public, the security software will follow that rule. If it is Private and you change connections, McAfee can lock the network adapter down as public and cause issues when on your private LAN.

bro67, Jul 5, 2017
  5. tazgohome Win User
    Thanks. Was able to uninstall it finallyh.

tazgohome, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. McAfee shutting down internet access - Similar Threads - McAfee shutting down

2. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  3. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  4. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Shuts down internet when waking up/booting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Shuts down internet when waking up/booting?: I've had a problem with my computer since I built it. Not 100% sure it's a windows issue but I don't know what else it could be: When waking up from sleep or when booting the computer, it completely shuts down my network, causing my router to have to reboot, which takes...
  6. Sudden Internet shut down?

in Browsers and Email
    Sudden Internet shut down?: Hello, I played 1 year ago regularly fortnite until the internet got really bad one day and 2 days later fortnite allegedly didn't get any internet neither up nor download but the internet went it's not only fortnite but also warzone,red dead redemtion online,or even...
  7. Windows 10 shuts down when connected to internet

Windows 10 shuts down when connected to internet: We keep installing Windows 10 and every time it completes and connects to the internet it shuts down and wants to go in Recovery. Any ideas?...
  8. Internet shutting down without warning- system drag

Internet shutting down without warning- system drag: For the last 12+ hours my computer will suddenly and without notice disconnect from my Wi-Fi. When I try to reconnect, the internet settings will not pop up from the task bar bottom right, the only option that shows up is the airplane mode. This has happened 3 times. When...
  9. Windows 10 shuts down while a McAfee full scan is in progress.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 shuts down while a McAfee full scan is in progress.: How can a Windows 10 shut down be prevented while a McAfee full virus scan is in progress? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-shuts-down-while-a-mcafee-full-scan-is/9ea5d863-0dcc-4577-99be-6ec210b73a49"
  10. how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to shut down a prog. that will not shut down.: the game will not shut down . it keeps running, it will not uninstall because it is running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-shut-down-a-prog-that-will-not-shut-down/dd492b73-69a0-426f-b090-adf83a9cda2b"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mcafee shutdown internet