Windows 10: MCT error

Discus and support MCT error in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded MCT and started making ISO. Due to failure of internet, I had to cancel operation of making ISO and started again. I am getting error as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by lvgandhi, Oct 29, 2017.

1. lvgandhi Win User

MCT error

I downloaded MCT and started making ISO. Due to failure of internet, I had to cancel operation of making ISO and started again. I am getting error as follows.

MCT error [​IMG]

I deleted contents of windows/softwaredistribution/download folder. I also did the following commands in admn command line.
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup /ResetBase

%SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c Cleanmgr /sageset:65535 & Cleanmgr /sagerun:65535

Then restarted iso making again using MCT. Still I get the above error. How to proceed to make ISO using MCT.

Removed folders "$WINDOWS.~BT", "$Windows.~WS" and also copied MCT to desktop. From there also tried. Still getting errors.

:)

lvgandhi, Oct 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 Media Creation Tool Error: 0x80042405 - 0xA001A

Hi,

Eventually got this working (Parallels Desktop on Mac OS, running Windows 10 Pro).

USB Formatted to FAT32

- running MCT from desktop = error at exactly 50% when creating media

- running MCT from USB stick = error at extactly 50% when creating media

USB Formatted to NTFS

- running MCT from desktop = worked first time!!

Hope this helps someone...

Cheers,

M

leglessmatt, Oct 29, 2017
  3. Creator's Update reaches 40% and the following error message appears Windows could not configure one or more system components. To install Windows, . . .

This didn't work. I got the same error at 40% using the MCT. This is really annoying!

Robert Bethune, Oct 29, 2017
  4. cereberus Win User

MCT error

Easiest thing to do spoof browser to think it is android (or use android device), then you can use mct download site and download iso directly.

Edit: spoofing edge to think it is an ipad works as well - dead easy to do.

Open up edge menu options

Select F12 developer tools

Screen splits in half horizontally.

click emulation tab

Change user agent string to safari (ipad)

Set resolution as appropriate for your device.

Keep bottom half open.

In top half navigate to mct download site. You get redirected to a different site where you can download iso direct.

cereberus, Oct 29, 2017
  5. lvgandhi Win User
    Everything was done as you suggested. But when I search for mct download in upper half, lower half is automatically closed and it shows old page either update or download tool. Instead of downloading, running mct directly from edge also gives same error.

lvgandhi, Oct 29, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    It works best if you navigate to the download page FIRST, then use F12 developers tools. The upper half will automatically change when you set a different emulation.

MCT error [​IMG]

7. lvgandhi Win User
    Thanks. This works.

lvgandhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MCT error

1. MCT error - Similar Threads - MCT error

2. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  3. Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win11 Now Has an Alternative to MCT for OS Repair: IF, for whatever reason, it is necessary to repair the Win11 OS MCT Media Creation Tool can, certainly, be used. But, since the Moment 5 update, KB5034765, back in mid-February, this can be done from within the OS... without fetching or using MCT.> Settings > System >...
  4. Windows 8 MCT "products.xml" file empty

Windows 8 MCT "products.xml" file empty: So, I wanted to use Windows 8 MCT to download Windows 8 onto a USB drive, but when i try, there are no options.and I found the path to the MCT, C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\457e3b71-3fa8-40d6-a0da-dd4c2becefed\MediaCreationToolExpandedand i think "products.xml" is the...
  5. Windows 8 MCT "products.xml" file empty

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 8 MCT "products.xml" file empty: So, I wanted to use Windows 8 MCT to download Windows 8 onto a USB drive, but when i try, there are no options.and I found the path to the MCT, C:\Users\Ahmed\AppData\Local\Temp\457e3b71-3fa8-40d6-a0da-dd4c2becefed\MediaCreationToolExpandedand i think "products.xml" is the...
  6. Windows 11 23H2 MCT Tools available for Build 22631.2715

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 MCT Tools available for Build 22631.2715: Available HERE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-23h2-mct-tools-available-for-build/d58b7ce7-45a9-49eb-a2c2-808ab020d30e
  7. Windows 11 23H2 MCT Tools available for Build 22631.2715

Windows 11 23H2 MCT Tools available for Build 22631.2715: Available HERE. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-23h2-mct-tools-available-for-build/d58b7ce7-45a9-49eb-a2c2-808ab020d30e
  8. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT: So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to literally download it to the USB, but because of that I deleted most of the unwanted stuff I didn't need and got it back upto...
  9. 8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT

8 GB of storage from C: gone after cancelling MCT: So, I wanted to install Windows 10 on my other computer and wanted the setup on my USB Drive, but on MCT it said you need atleast 16 GB of space to literally download it to the USB, but because of that I deleted most of the unwanted stuff I didn't need and got it back upto...
  10. Error Code 0x80042405-0xa001a on MCT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0x80042405-0xa001a on MCT: Why do I randomly get Error Code 0x80042405-0xa001a when trying to create a Windows 10 USB in MCT. I contacted Microsoft via live chat and all they can recommend is to purchase Assure Software Support which costs $150 per year to get further help. The USB flash drive is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mct error 50% usb