Windows 10: MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC

Discus and support MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys We have upgraded our MDT 2013 to Update 1 build 8298. And we have quite a few issues that we didn't have before. We have some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by THMO, Sep 23, 2015.

1. THMO Win User

MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC

Hello Guys

We have upgraded our MDT 2013 to Update 1 build 8298.

And we have quite a few issues that we didn't have before.

We have some pretty simple task sequences we use to build images, one for each OS. Currently
    Windows 7x64, Windows 8.1x64 and Windows 10x64. Each os has a separate virtual machine in our VMware environment. We don't capture the image in MDT since our deployment system requires and older WinPE to run (Capasystems.com).

I pick the Syspreb task so it does what needs to be done at the end of the build. Shutdown the machine when it's done, pxe boot into capa and then proceed to capture the image.

This is pretty basic and has worked in the past.

After the upgrade I boot from the litetouch ISO like we normally do and using a VMxnet3 driver make the connection to the share and this runs smoothly all the way to the sysprep part.

When the machine is done syspreping it completely "drops all network connections" and the build "fails". See the attached pictures.

I'm having a hard time figuring out why this happens - Any ideas?

Tried with different drivers, old and new. Even tried running it on hyper-v but it yields the same results. Every task sequence was built from scratch since the format part was changed.

Windows 7 - same for Windows 10

MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC [​IMG]

:)

2. Importing Win10 into MDT 2013

I was unable to import it using the install that was available for free download. However, I got it working with the download that I got directly from the volume licensing center.

Still having issues capturing an image with it though. Getting a failure after running Litetouch, just before the sysprep phase. I read somewhere that MDT 2013 update 1 preview isn't working with later builds of the tech preview, or the final build. Assuming
    we have to wait for another MDT update.

BostonDerek, Sep 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 1709 sysprep fail

Unfortunately this did not work for me.

Derek.Smiley, Sep 23, 2015
  4. Nathaniel Win User

I made an account to reply back with "Me too!!111".

Our MDT setup has been upgraded though the years from MDT 2008, 2010, 2012, to 2013, update1 and this latest 8298 build and we are experiencing the same issue.

Our MDT WinPE is version 10 with a custom boot that launches an autoIT login screen authenticating the user against AD and pulling the computer name via vbscript LDAP lookup. Authentication changes what a person can/cannot see for deployment. We use the MDT image in our WDS PXE boot.

When using a stock sysprep and capture against a MSDN "Windows 10 Enterprise (x64) - DVD (English)" SHA1 30AD1CDF5D0670F12788005131E24862F6AB8AAB it destroys the system during sysprep due to the generalize flag. I have disabled the tilemodelsvc, updated the system via our WSUS server nether prevent the generalize flag from breaking the guest. I see the network become unavailable almost immediately.

We have tried it in our ESX 5.5 U3, Virtualbox, Physical E6530, E7450. All break at the same spot causing the LTICopyScripts.wsf to not be found (aka network share is lost, drivers are not found, and the system as a whole is butchered). This screen shot is me attempting to load device manager after the deployment error (just before I click the error message about not finding LTICopyScripts.wsf)

MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC [​IMG]

I have posted an issue to MS MDT feedback (ID 1803004). Login and provide any additional feedback. It's not bad now that this doesn't work for us since we are not really far behind on drivers but each month and more patches get released my team lags on deploying 10. We are using the deployment tasks to rip out the items we don't need but it would be nice to not have to do it each time.

Nathaniel, Sep 23, 2015
Thema:

1. MDT 2013 Update 2013 Build 8298 - Sysprep "disconnects" NIC - Similar Threads - MDT 2013 Update

2. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  3. MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT 2013 & Microsoft Update Catalog Updates: Hiya,I have two issues here, which I'm hoping someone maybe able to assist.Firstly, could you kindly help me figure out why MDT doesn't seem to be pushing out packages through the Package folder, from what I gather it's possible to have an isolated deployment environment...
  4. Office 2013 problems with excel 2013

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 problems with excel 2013: Hi i am using excel 2013 and have a spreadsheet with two works sheets and a couple of days ago i thought i had hidden quite a few rows at the top of the sheet. But today i loaded it back up and i am not able to unhide them so i might have deleted them? But what is puzzeling...
  5. MDT 2013 Deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MDT 2013 Deployment: we distribution OS of Chinese and Korean by MDT 2013 deployment, so I want to manually set language and time , but unable to activated when I was changed MDT Rules as the following, what should i do [Settings] Priority=Default Properties=MyCustomProperty [Default] :...
  6. Window 2013

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 2013: Windows will not open on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-2013/5220e60c-95f5-4032-8f7c-fa20e262a17f
  7. Visio 2013

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Visio 2013: how do I transfer my Microsoft license from my old computer to my new one? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/visio-2013/5d1ad424-0926-4cb1-91b0-f778add88ba2"
  8. Office 2013 updates

Office 2013 updates: I have uninstalled Office 2013. However, windows updates keeps prompting to install missing updates for Office 2013. A Microsoft technician tried to help remotely, it worked right after, but the same problem returned the next time I ran Windows update check. Even my anti...
  9. Office 2013 updates

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 updates: Office Update Tuesday. Got these today. [img] Jim *Cool 99633
  10. Deployment Issue - MDT 2013 / OptiPlex 790 / Driver Injection

Deployment Issue - MDT 2013 / OptiPlex 790 / Driver Injection: I'm trying to successfully deploy Windows 10 on a Dell OptiPlex 790 in my lab environment in order to push Windows 10 out to several of these PCs currently in production. Despite the fact that Dell does not offer a driver pack for Windows 10 for the 790, an upgrade to Windows...