Windows 10: MDT: Not booting into WinPED

Discus and support MDT: Not booting into WinPED in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I wanted to capture a WIM file on a physical computer using MDT capture task sequence . I booted the computer from PXE, MDT starts and I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fafaxx, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Fafaxx Win User

MDT: Not booting into WinPED

Hi,

I wanted to capture a WIM file on a physical computer using MDT capture task sequence . I booted the computer from PXE, MDT starts and I can select the MDT task. Task starts and applies WinPE and then the computer reboots, but not in WinPE. The computer starts normally into Windows 10 which is installed.

Any idea why WinPE environmend is not starting and continues the MDT tasks?

Thanks,

:)

Fafaxx, Jul 5, 2018

2. Can't boot into WinPE or Win Install DVD

Hi Abdul,

Thanks for the reply but my Windows 10 DVD is fine. If I put the Win 10 DVD into my Dell Latitude, the Latitude boots into Windows Setup. My usb keys (WinPE 3 and WinPE 4) and install DVDs (Windows 7 and Windows 10) all boot fine on my Dell Latitude. The
    problem is none of them will boot on my Dell Inspiron, no matter if I set it to BIOS or UEFI (Secure Boot disabled or enabled). However, Ubuntu 12 DVD boots and installs fine on the same Dell Inspiron with the same hard drive. Have you heard of this before?

Thanks again.

GSW_Champs, Jul 5, 2018
  3. mike39sm Win User
    MDT Multicast

Hello Everyone,

I am new to MDT multicast and was hoping someone can answer my question, I set my MDT server up for multicast and it goes all the way to 99% and I watch it in the WDS console under my deployment share, I can see three clients and when they reach 99% and
    I hit refresh the clients disappear which i think means it reached 100% but then on the client side its rolls back to installing operating system and starts the percent count again. Is multicast on MDT work different, does it first download the image to one
    computer and once downloaded it distributes that one image to all others . I found an article below that explains how it should work but I am not sure if I am understanding it correctly.

Here is the overall process:

• ClientA starts a multicast session to download Win7SP1x86.wim from the MDT/WDS Server.
    • When the broadcast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches 25%, ClientB joins the session in progress. ClientB knows that it missed the first ¼ of the Win7SP1x86.wim file, so it starts writing 25% into its local copy of Win7SP1x86.wim.
    • When the multicast session reaches 100% of Win7SP1x86.wim, ClientA is done and drops off. However, ClientB is still missing the first ¼ of the file, and stays on the multicast chanel as it restarts (rolls back) to zero.
    • Eventually the multicast session of Win7SP1x86.wim reaches the 25% mark where ClientB first joined. ClientB now has 100% of the file and drops off. No clients are connected, and the server stops broadcasting.

mike39sm, Jul 5, 2018
  4. MDT: Not booting into WinPED

How to use out of box driver settings in MDT 2013 for list of selected model + Common driver for un selected model

Hi,

Windows10 Ref image.

Can any one please give the steps to inject drivers in MDT task for few selected model.

the same way I need to deploy common drivers for other models [ not in the selection list]

Regards,

Parthi

parthi_2991, Jul 5, 2018
Thema:

MDT: Not booting into WinPED

1. MDT: Not booting into WinPED - Similar Threads - MDT booting WinPED

2. MDT Failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT Failure: We've been using MDT for 3 years at this agency and we increment our reference image periodically, boot it up in a VM Hyper-V do app and OS updates make any shortcut or favorites changes and then recapture it. The capture goes fine. The problem is when we go to deploy it...
  3. MDT Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT Failure: We've been using MDT for 3 years at this agency and we increment our reference image periodically, boot it up in a VM Hyper-V do app and OS updates make any shortcut or favorites changes and then recapture it. The capture goes fine. The problem is when we go to deploy it...
  4. MDT Failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. will mdt be retired ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    will mdt be retired ?: Hello everyone,We are using microsoft mdt since long time for deploying ours organization's computer.. everything is fine,, But it's long time we don't see any updates on microsoft mdt. is microsoft going to retair this product? I've seen couple of indipendent project on...
  6. will mdt be retired ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    will mdt be retired ?: Hello everyone,We are using microsoft mdt since long time for deploying ours organization's computer.. everything is fine,, But it's long time we don't see any updates on microsoft mdt. is microsoft going to retair this product? I've seen couple of indipendent project on...
  7. Accessing Network In WINPE

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accessing Network In WINPE: I want to access a captured .wim image to a desktop using DISM when booted in WINPE. The captured .wim file is in the laptop (whose usb ports do NOT work, or else I wouldve used USB DRIVES). How do I access this image? I read somewhere that it involves the use of 'net use'...
  8. GUI WinPE

GUI WinPE: Does anyone have a GUI of Windows 10 as a WINPE bootup so I can reimage computers from the WINPE GUI? 126913
  9. Booting from WinPE CD/DVD Whilst in UEFI Mode

Booting from WinPE CD/DVD Whilst in UEFI Mode: Hi I have a system recently converted to UEFI using MBR2GPT. Today I created a bootable DVD using Kyhi's Recovery Tools ISO and want to run it up to find out exactly what I've got and how it works. Snag is I can't boot up from CD or DVD - my system just hangs. I've done...
  10. System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE)

in Windows 10 Support
    System won't boot to W10 (even USB, WinPE, WinRE): Hi All, I bought an old, but in good condition Dell Inspiron 560 for cheap off some people who had recently purchased a new machine. I thought I'd use it as a sort of test system while studying for my CompTIA A+ exam. First thing I did was upgrade the BIOS so I could put a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mdt task boot into winpe doesnt see hard drive