Windows 10: Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify

Discus and support Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi First off: My drivers are up to date as from August 15, 2015 and it didn't solve anything. The problem: My media buttons (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NathanHorn, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify

Hi

First off: My drivers are up to date as from August 15, 2015 and it didn't solve anything.

The problem:

My media buttons (the ones on my keyboard {picture below} of my Razer keyboard and my HP Spectre x360 Laptop) don't skip, pause or play a song in Spotify anymore. To explain more clearly I made a video about it on YouTube where I illustrate the issue. I read about disabling Windows media player sharing network service in system configuration but as soon as I'm out of that window or close the system configuration window then the media buttons don't work (regardless of the fact that the Win Media play sharing netw. is on or off (after pressing apply). It's all illustrated in the video though, so if it's not clear what I mean check out the video.

Hope someone has a solution to this!

Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify [​IMG]

:)

NathanHorn, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Strig3s Win User

Lumia 925 & Lumia 920 Headphone Buttons not working

You are missing the point... The mic never worked but play/pause did and it was broken with the update.

Play/pause button worked in spotify before the update. I would never have gotten a windows phone otherwise but now do do not work any more.

Strig3s, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Lumia 925 & Lumia 920 Headphone Buttons not working

I'm having the same issue with Klipsch X7i headphones. The play/pause/skip track button worked prior to the Amber update on my Lumia 920 (volume and mic didn't work). They also worked with the Samsung Focus on WP7 I had prior to my L920. Something in
    the update definitely broke the play/pause button functionality. It's really frustrating as now I have to pull out my phone every time I want to pause or skip tracks.

Double Double Down, Aug 14, 2015
Thema:

Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify

1. Media buttons not working (play pause skip ...) Spotify - Similar Threads - Media buttons working

2. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  3. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  4. Windows key works as a media play/pause button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key works as a media play/pause button: After reinstalling windows 10 Home to my laptop i have faced this error. Whenever i push the windows button it works as play/pause button. I have tried sfc /scannow and got no corrupt files on my computer. ps. I also tried pushing the button in Tails OS but i got the same...
  5. Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button: After reinstalling Win10 from ISO file, my Windows button on keyboard won't work. Start Menu works just fine. I checked it with SharpKeys it turns out it read as Media Play/Pause Button, then I assigned that key to Left Windows Button, reboot and still wont work. Is that a...
  6. Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth pause/play button stopped working: The Bluetooth pause / play button stopped working. I tried both a Bluetooth speaker and Bluetooth earphones that were both working recently and both of them have the same issue with the pause/play button not working. When I try these same Bluetooth speaker & earphones on my...
  7. play/pause button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    play/pause button: [ATTACH] any way to move this its really bugging me when i play games, it almost takes up a quarter of the screen https://preview.redd.it/h8kem2n9j4l51.png?width=653&format=png&auto=webp&s=356e20303736ce259f20c791a48e5d8a76f2faef submitted by /u/Rampagingflames [link]...
  8. Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working

Keyboard play and pause buttons no longer working: Out of the blue my play and pause buttons on my Logitech keyboard have stopped working. The volume controls and mute work, but on Chrome, Firefox, Hulu App, and Windows media players they do not work but do work for the iTunes app and Netflix app. I have tried restarting all...
  9. bluetooth media buttons play/pause dont work with 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bluetooth media buttons play/pause dont work with 1803 update: DON'T GIVE US THOSE STUPID SOLUTIONS BECAUSE NONE OF THEM WORKS, YOU OBVIOUSLY CHANGED SOMETHING WITH THE 1803 UPDATE THAT DISABLES BLUETOOTH CONTROLS FOR DESKTOP APPS, YOU WILL FIX THIS UNTIL THEN ENJOY MY POSTS, SINCE YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO...
  10. Bluetooth media buttons play/pause dont work with 1803 update

Bluetooth media buttons play/pause dont work with 1803 update: DON'T GIVE US THOSE STUPID SOLUTIONS BECAUSE NONE OF THEM WORKS, YOU OBVIOUSLY CHANGED SOMETHING WITH THE 1803 UPDATE THAT DISABLES BLUETOOTH CONTROLS FOR DESKTOP APPS, YOU WILL FIX THIS UNTIL THEN ENJOY MY POSTS, SINCE YOU'RE DISRESPECTFUL THAT YOU DON'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no headphone buttons working on spotify laptop

2. spotify not responding to keyboard play pause