Windows 10: Media Center Task Scheduler Entries

Discus and support Media Center Task Scheduler Entries in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have upgraded several machines to W10. On some, I noticed that in the event viewer / system tab, that on boot, the task scheduler was complaining... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by pete1208, Aug 11, 2015.

1. pete1208 Win User

Media Center Task Scheduler Entries

I have upgraded several machines to W10. On some, I noticed that in the event viewer / system tab, that on boot, the task scheduler was complaining about misc-configured media center tasks.

I went into task scheduler, microsoft, media center and deleted all the associated tasks to fix the problem.

Some machines, after the upgrade, did not have a media center folder in task scheduler -- and so didn't have the problem.

-Pete

:)

pete1208, Aug 11, 2015
  2. slance310 Win User

Windows 10 Blue Screen of Death automatically shuts down computer and reboots

Hi,

You might try reinstalling Win 10...

It's possible that something just didn't go right during the upgrade\install...

I also have twenty scheduled tasks in Task Scheduler concerning Media Center, even though Media Center no longer exists...

I am not having any issues with blue screen though..

I should also note that because this happens after 1-2 hours, it is in fact some type of scheduled task...

Have you disabled the scheduled tasks for Media Center ?

slance310, Aug 11, 2015
  3. Larryvc Win User
    Windows 10 Media Center Error

After deleting the tasks you can go to the %systemroot%\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows folder and delete the Media Center folder. Then you will be able to delete the Media Center task folder within the Task Scheduler.

Larryvc, Aug 11, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

I've done 6 Upgrades so far and not had an issue with media center as the 3 Win8.1 computers didn't have it, discontinued in Win10. I do have an 8.1 with WMC but haven't yet decided when I will Upgrade it. It will not be an issue as I haven't had a need for WMC [use other programs].

Berton, Aug 11, 2015
Thema:

1. Media Center Task Scheduler Entries - Similar Threads - Media Center Task

2. Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments

in Windows 10 Customization
    Task scheduler, Windows Media Player arguments: Hello, I'm using Task Scheduler to play a specific song every day at a certain time. That works fine. Challenge is that I want the song to play on repeat. I already set Windows media player to repeat though Task Scheduler plays it once and that's it. Questions: 1 Is...
  3. Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Task Scheduler trigger upon Action Center notifications?: Hello! Is it possible to set up Task Scheduler to run a command when the Action Center gets a new notification? Thanks! 152126
  4. Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Task Scheduler detect Action Center notifications?: Hello! I'm new to Task Scheduler and have a question: Some apps, while closed, can be opened in the background. One that I use sends notifications via the Action Center whenever I receive a text message. But due to an error, the notifcations disappear not long afterward. Is...
  5. Scheduled Tasks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Scheduled Tasks: I have found working with computers for the past 30 years that they don't make mistakes. Or if they do, they make them consistently. That being said, I use Scheduled Tasks and Robocopy to backup to different drives on the same, and different computers on the same network....
  6. Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task Scheduler: I have a relatively new install of Windows 10. I installed a new SSD and installed from scratch and then reinstalled all my software. I created some scheduled tasks, just 4 simple copy and paste tasks that I use for backing up. I've recently had to reinstall from scratch my...
  7. Strange task scheduler entry

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange task scheduler entry: Hello, I have a entry in my task scheduler under Microsoft>Windows>rempl> "shell" Primary shell invocation for sediment pack trigger everyday. Can anyone tell me what is this and what it does? For the record, I already scanned my computer with Malwarebytes anti-malware, found...
  8. How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to schedule a task on action center notification trigger: Hi, I would like to create a task in Task Scheduler on Windows 10, which is triggered if a specific notification appears in Action Center. How can I do this, or is this even possible? Thanks in advance, David...
  9. Task Scheduler and media center

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task Scheduler and media center: Hi, My monitor keeps turning on in the middle of the night (desktop on 24x7) and I went through the power settings (advanced) and turned off network/keyboard/mouse pwr mgmnt in device manager. It still keeps turning on overnight but I don't know specific time. Under...
  10. Task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Task scheduler: I have created a task that will run once every night 01:00 on my Windows machine. It worked OK before upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Now it doesn't. When I try to run it manually from Task Scheduler following error occurs: Task Scheduler service is not available. Task...