Windows 10: Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

Discus and support Media creation tool - no option for Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I downloaded it from here: Windows 10 When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops... Any ideas? Anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mrm, Jul 28, 2015.

1. MRM
    mrm Win User

Media creation tool - no option for Win 10

I downloaded it from here:
    Windows 10

When I run it, I get Win8 options only, no Windows 10... Have tried on two laptops...

Any ideas? Anything else I need to make it work pls?

:)

2. Free Upgrade windows 8.1 pro to win10 by ISO (DOWNLOADED THROUGH MEDIA CREATION TOOL)

Can I free upgrade to win 10 pro USING ISO DOWNLOADED THROUGH MEDIA CREATION TOOL.

I downloaded win 10 iso by media creation tool on win 8.1 pro 64 bit pc.

Sheelnath Kekre, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Why can't I create a USB recovery drive on new Win 10 laptop?

This is happening to many users who have upgraded from Win 8 too, the only workaround is to download the Win 10 iOS file via media creation tool & either burn it to DVD or download the USB version, this will have recovery options when used & allow you to
    reinstall or repair Win 10.

Download here: Windows 10 herunterladen

Time Lady, Jul 28, 2015
  4. FD611V Win User

I thought I also was downloading Windows 10 from the Media Tool, only to run BeLarc Advisor to find I have Windows 8.1 (x64) build 9600.

FD611V, Jul 28, 2015
  5. DKW
    DKW Win User
  6. MRM
    mrm Win User
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jul 28, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

I did it about 2 hours ago and got Win 10 Pro.
    Doing it again at home now and getting Win 10.

Make sure you download the new MediaCreationTool and don't reuse the one from Windows 8.1.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Media creation tool - no option for Win 10 - Similar Threads - Media creation tool

2. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  3. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media creation tool for Win 10: I am trying to create a bootable Win 10 creation tool. I am using the media creation tool. I can create a bootable Win 11 tool that will boot. The Win 10 tool will not boot. Each is using the same USB flash drive. Ideas please....
  4. Media creation tool for Win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  6. trying to install win 10 with media creation tool

trying to install win 10 with media creation tool: I downloaded the media creation tool on an laptop with win 8.1 and want to install win 10. The problem is, it asks me what to keep, i tried all the different selections, then it goes to checking for updates. After it is done it asks me again what to keep and then goes to...
  7. USB Media Creation Tool Option Question

USB Media Creation Tool Option Question: Use The Recommended Options For This PC. Should this option be checked or not? (I intend to do a Repair Install). I'm using Windows 10 Pro - but in the Options window, Windows 10 is already selected and I don't have an option to select Windows 10 Pro. What should I do? The...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. ABOUT THE BUG IN WIN 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL

ABOUT THE BUG IN WIN 10 MEDIA CREATION TOOL: YES ,IT'S STILL ABOUT ERROR CODE 0x80042405 - 0xA001A We all know the media creation tool has some flaws, but why not just FIX THEM? BTW, most confusing thing is the tool delete the iso downloaded. If I failed to install, it's highly possible to install it again. Why not...
  10. Win 7 Media Creation Tool

Win 7 Media Creation Tool: Is there a Media Creation Tool for Win 7? I am thinking of putting Win 7 on a separate disk to dual boot to play some games that won't play on Win 10. Still have Win 7 disks but they take forever to clean install. 102484