Windows 10: Media Creation Tool Offline?

Discus and support Media Creation Tool Offline? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When Windows 10 first came out I was easily able to create a 32-bit/64-bit hybrid install on a flash drive using Media Creation Tool. I now want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by thunderclap, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Media Creation Tool Offline?

When Windows 10 first came out I was easily able to create a 32-bit/64-bit hybrid install on a flash drive using Media Creation Tool. I now want to create one for my dad who is having trouble getting his system updated but can't find this tool anymore, only the individual ISO's for 32-bit or 64-bit. Did MS take down this tool? Is there somewhere else I can get it?

:)

thunderclap, Aug 20, 2015
  2. Seb.05 Win User

Media Creation Tool

Microsoft determined my Toshiba machine could be successfully upgraded from Win7 to Win10.

I was going to use the Media Creation Tool to either do an automatic repair or failing that perform a restore. Not a clean install.

Seb.05, Aug 20, 2015
  3. PaulPChou Win User
    Media Creation Tool

So, you cannot make the media tool from your Vista machine. Vista is an older os and is not supported anymore by Microsoft. What you should do is have your friend help you create the media tool. After that, run it in your Toshiba machine. You will have to
    go to the bios of the machine to do a clean installation of Windows 10 (boot your machine from the usb). The thing is not about accepting Microsoft's offer to install Win. 10 on the Toshiba machine. As I mentioned, it is weather the machine specific meets
    the requirements of Windows 10. If it doesn't and you are able to install Windows 10 successfully, the machine could have issues when running it. Plus, you might need a license for Windows 10.

So, you were able to install Windows 10 based on your last points? There are issues because your device is not compatible with Win. 10.

PaulPChou, Aug 20, 2015
  4. Joergi Win User

Media Creation Tool Offline?

Here is the link to the download of the Media Creation Tool: Windows 10

Note that the info "32 Bit" or "64 Bit" on that website is relevant for the PC on which you want to use the Media Creation Tool. It does not mean that with your download of the Media Creation Tool you could only download the 32 or the 64 bit version of Windows 10.

Joergi, Aug 20, 2015
  5. Those just download the ISO files, not the Media Creation Tool.

6. Harpert Win User
    The link is correct

download the Media creation Tool
    make sure you have a stick available of 8GB
    Start the tool and select: Create Installation Media for another PC
    select the USB penndrive and ..... be happy

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 20, 2015
  7. I dunno... maybe I'm doing it wrong. The link you're providing shows me this:

Media Creation Tool Offline? [​IMG]

If I click Windows 10 and choose the language of English I get this:

Media Creation Tool Offline? [​IMG]

I click on either of the links and all I get is an ISO, not the Media Creation Tool.

I'm doing this at work on a Windows 7 machine. Is it possible since I'm not on Windows 10 the page is being redirected?

8. Media Creation Tool Offline?

The first download is yes, it's a setup.exe file you then run to do all the rest.

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2015
  9. Again, the only thing available to me are two ISO files (one for 32-bit and one for 64-bit). I don't have any other options.

10. Mark Phelps, Aug 20, 2015
  11. Media Creation Tool Offline? [​IMG]

Architecture = Both

alphanumeric, Aug 20, 2015
  12. Joergi Win User
    Joergi, Aug 20, 2015
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

NavyLCDR, Aug 21, 2015
  14. Bazz Win User
    I know it is that's what I'm telling the OP.

15. I'll say this one more time. If you are currently running a 32 bit version of Windows, run the 32 bit setup.exe file. If you are currently running a 64 bit version of Windows, run the 64 bit setup.exe. The first selection has to do with what version of windows your running the tool on. Nothing more. Once you run setup.exe, you get options to download Home or Pro, 32 bit or 64 bit, or both.

alphanumeric, Aug 21, 2015
Thema:

1. Media Creation Tool Offline? - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool for Offline Installation

Downloading the Windows Media Creation Tool for Offline Installation: How do I download the Window Media Creation Tool in such a way that I can install the tool on an off-line computer? When I try downloading it from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and running MediaCreationTool20H2.exe on a computer not connected...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  10. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083