Windows 10: Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..."

Discus and support Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..." in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was wondering if the ISO had been updated, so I ran the MCT again. I got this: "Setup couldn't start properly..." [img] Rebooted, same problem.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by nigelmercier, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..."

I was wondering if the ISO had been updated, so I ran the MCT again. I got this:
    "Setup couldn't start properly..."

Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..." [​IMG]

Rebooted, same problem. Downloaded MCT again, same problem.

:)

nigelmercier, Aug 22, 2015

2. WINDOWS10 SETUP FAILED , the setup wants to reboot my computer , ive tried to reboot it but its still the same.

I've already downloaded the media creation tool by Microsoft , but when I open the setup a message "Setup couldn't start properly. Please reboot your PC and try running windows 10 setup again" . I have already tried to reboot it a lot of times still the
    same. HOW CAN I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM ?

JunrelDeeeeee, Aug 22, 2015
  3. Setup couldn't start proprely. Please reebot your PC

I'm using the Media Creation tool to install the windows 10 in my PC, but my frustration is GROWING MORE AND MORE. I'm getting the error message saying "Setup couldn't start properly. Please.Please reboot your PC and try running Windows 10 Setup again",
    is not working, despite I rebooted the PC more than 5 times, my antivirus is off, download again the Media Creation tool, disconnected all my hdd expect for the target one, still happening (happens when is creating windows 10 media, after 60%) .. Hopefully
    someone from Microsoft will help in here......

yoendribrown, Aug 22, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..."

I find your post confusing.

What precisely did you do?

I have used the MCT, but only to download a couple of ISOs. Not to do the Win 10 upgrade directly, or to create bootable media.

bobkn, Aug 22, 2015
  5. Seems to have sorted itself, no idea why.

The ISO is the same size, so I assume it is identical.

nigelmercier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..."

1. Media Creation Tool: "Setup couldn't start properly..." - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. Windows Media Creation Tool is not updated properly

Windows Media Creation Tool is not updated properly: Hey there, I wanted to run the Windows Media Creation Tool I previously downloaded it and used it successfully. However today it is giving me the error that the version is not the newest and I should update it. Thus, I downloaded the latest version from this site:...
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...
  10. Media Tool Creation

Media Tool Creation: Is the Media Tool illegal to use if I use it to Install/Upgrade Windows 10 even if I have a single license? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-tool-creation/15902f96-7385-4f40-8ad8-7247474e1083

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 1809 setup couldnt start properly

2. media creation tool setup couldnt start

3. windows 1809 setup couldnt start properly