Windows 10: Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?

Discus and support Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The MediaCreationtool.exe sitting on the desktop has done its job of downloading so what to do with it? Can it be moved and stored elsewhere?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Rose W, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Rose W Win User

Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?

The MediaCreationtool.exe sitting on the desktop has done its job of downloading so what to do with it?

Can it be moved and stored elsewhere?

Does it have any further use?

:)

Rose W, Nov 28, 2015
  2. mrjcjones Win User

Media creation tool: What windows 10 version is it now?

But is the version of Win10 1511 or 1607 ?

mrjcjones, Nov 28, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Nov 28, 2015
  4. Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now?

You can delete it; yes it can be moved; no, it no longer serves a purpose

DustSailor, Nov 28, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Depending on HOW did you use the Tool.
    If you downloaded the tool , and selected Upgrade this PC now, and proceeded to install Windows 10,then I would suggest that you open the exe file again and select Create installation media for another PC.
    Download the ISO file and save it to an external hard drive. Burn it to a bootable media (DVD or USB). If things went badly and you need to reinstall, you'll have the media to do so.

If you already have the above done, then delete it.

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  6. Rose W Win User
    Yes, I have completed all those tasks for this second version on this desktop.
    I still have the original iso on storage hard drive because I used the software Imageburn to burn the iso to a cd. I thought it would be handy to have for any of this checking health situations.
    Then there are updates to the upgrade which has me wonder if that is a valid idea.

Next time round I'll be doing the .iso routine rather than the update routine on individual machines because it was a very lengthy time on my internet connection.

Thanks for the input
    Rose

Rose W, Nov 28, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    Why wait till next time around ?
    Open the mediacreationtool.exe > download the iso > make a bootable media.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...load/windows10

davidhk, Nov 28, 2015
  8. Rose W Win User

I meant whenever MS decides to do another upgrade to the upgrade with a 3.5Gb++ total download. I'll just do one download, do the iso procedure and apply that to both machines.
    I wasn't clear in my understanding of whether the download, install had to be specific to the machine. The laptop came with preinstalled OS and is a home version. The desktop was custom built and a purchased Pro Win7. Later I discovered all the content was in the one file.
    I hope that a choice for either direct .iso or media tool remains available versus just the update routine.

Rose W, Nov 28, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    ...........I hope that a choice for either direct .iso or media tool remains available versus just the update routine. ..........

Chances are good that it will remain status quo.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Media Creation Tool used -what to do with it now? - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creation tool: how do i fix media creation tool it keeps crashing when i open it without any error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/3740294e-2b85-48de-a678-e7f03ee46369
  3. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool: I'm having an issue with the media creation tool where it won't install or even give me a list of usb drives at all. Even if I tried running it from inside the usb flash drive it still says the same thing "you need 8 gb of available space on Windows :C". I'm having this issue...
  4. Media Creation Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool: Hi.May I ask if anyone have experienced the same error message in regards to running this Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and if there's a solution to it? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool/eda5cd87-7be7-4191-899a-59756363cd45
  5. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool: I figured out what the tool was, and I didn't like it. You made it sound sooooooo exiting in the license terms, but when I found out what it really was, I was not impressed. Way to go Microsoft. Way to go. You ripped me off of thinking it was something cool, but instead you...
  6. Media creation tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media creation tool.: Yes, I have successfully downloaded the tool and Windows 10. All I did was click on a link that someone posted and BAM the media creation tool and Windows 10 were downloaded! Thanks! *^^*...
  7. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  8. Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media creation tool: So i know i can use this tool to update my pc to latest but will i keep all my settings and preferences? Havent updated my pc in 3 years so figured this is a better way to do it. submitted by /u/AwesomePicMan [link] [comments]...
  9. I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what?

I have the media creation tool and Win10_1903_V1_English_x64.iso ; Now what?: I just bought a SanDisk 64 GB flash drive so I know I got plenty of space to make a OS boot USB drive. When I run the media creation tool it wants to download the Windows from the Internet but I already have the file downloaded. How do I specifiy to use the...
  10. Media Creation Tool

Media Creation Tool: I downloaded the Media Creation Tool to try and get Windows onto a newly purchased hard drive. I have a blank USB Flash Drive with 14 GB of free space, but I'm still receiving an error message telling me that I need to have at least 8 GB of space. I don't understand why I...