Windows 10: Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.

Discus and support Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But now I would like to do a clean install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Daviator, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Daviator Win User

Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.

I used the Windows Media Creation Tool to successfully upgrade my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

But now I would like to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the same PC. So I ran the Media Creation Tool again but this time I chose the option to create media. I selected US English, the 64bit version and create ISO file as my options.

The tool allows me to select a destination folder then switches back to the Media Creation Tool screen but all I see is the spinning dots for about a minute or two but then the screen closes and never finishes. I get no errors, it just stops and no files are ever created. Yes, I verified that Windows 10 has been successfully activated.

I also tried creating the USB image but the same thing happens. I also tried in Safe Mode and by right-clicking and choosing "Run as Administrator." And I tried re-downloaded the tool.

How can I create the Windows 10 media files to reinstall cleanly on my PC?

:)

Daviator, Aug 6, 2015
  2. dafish131 Win User

Cannot upgrade to Windows 10 - Code 80246007

I had been trying to use the media creation tool, but I was getting the "something happened" message and it wouldn't work. Finally, after the 10th download of the windows 10 upgrade (which failed to install) the media creation tool is working and downloading
    windows 10. Yay Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade. :)

dafish131, Aug 6, 2015
  3. How to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 ??

After downloading the media creation tool, can I just do the 'Upgrade this PC now' option??? will that work ??

its Benoy here, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade.

1. Media Creation Tool will not work after upgrade. - Similar Threads - Media Creation Tool

2. Media Creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation tool not working: Media creation tool show error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-not-working/493d6960-bd09-4926-a314-7e7e562f1cba
  3. Media Creation tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation tool not working: Media creation tool show error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creation-tool-not-working/493d6960-bd09-4926-a314-7e7e562f1cba
  4. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  5. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool not working: For the past 4 hours I've been desperately trying to update my old PC with Windows 7 to Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool. Unfortunately, every time I open the program, I get error 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I've tried every single solution I could find online, but none of...
  6. Media Creation Tool not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Media creation tool not working

Media creation tool not working: I want to upgrade to 64 bit os but when I use the media creation tool to upgrade, I did everything correctly and when it goes to the setup clean before restart or something like meaning it's gonna finish but it closes but it was supposed to restart please help I do know my pc...
  8. Media Creation Tool not working?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Media Creation Tool not working?: I had a Windows 10 32 bit PC, and used the tool to upgrade to 64 bits. The whole PC got formatted and the process went smoothly, but when I launched my PC it was still 32 bits! What's the fix to this? And yes I'm sure I download the 64 bit file on my USB submitted by...
  9. Media Creation Tool for Upgrades

Media Creation Tool for Upgrades: Quick question about the use of the Media creation tool. I am currently using MCT1903 on a USB to upgrade my PC to windows 10. I didn't turn the USB into a bootable device; I just put the tool on it. I am wondering if on the "Downloading Windows 10" screen of the...
  10. Media Creation tool not working

Media Creation tool not working: Hi, Everytime I try to create a windows ISO or bootable USB I get the same error. I tried it on several computers on the same network. Error code: 0x80200013 - 0x90019[ATTACH]...