Windows 10: Media Creator does not allow choice of media

Discus and support Media Creator does not allow choice of media in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Downloaded Media Creator and tried to use it to create media for another PC, but never was given the choice of media. Program tried to install on my C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LeeLanphier, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Media Creator does not allow choice of media

Downloaded Media Creator and tried to use it to create media for another PC, but never was given the choice of media. Program tried to install on my C: drive and claimed I had insufficient space. What gives? I redowloaded three times and tried running twice with each download. No luck. Advice?

:)

LeeLanphier, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Costless Media Centre PC!

link in my sig has all the details, go read there.

while the link mentions windows 7, it has step by step guides for setting up MPC-HC (media player classic home cinema) for the best performance on weaker media PC's

Mussels, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Media Cloud on Intranet

Killer_Rubber_Ducky,
    Just to recap after talking with you....
    The school is a private school funded 100% by donations so money is tight (isn't it with everyone?) which is why you are looking for a solutions (or combination) to build this...

Existing hardware includes:
    • 10gbps fiber network backbone to all buildings
    • 20 buildings in plan for media distribution (equal to 20 managed switches)
    • 100 mbps inside all buildings from 1gbps fiber ports through managed switches
    • 15 Servers - Windows, VmWare, & Linux (Linux for web servers, LDAP, Radius, and Wireless Controller). Linux builds installed on virtual machines with vmware ESXi.
    Media to be distributed:
    • Existing media converted to digital (CDs, DVDs, VHS, etc....)
    • Any new digital media purchased (or licensed) by the school
    • Pictures
    • Documents (viewing only)
    • Streaming (Netflix, Pandora, etc....) NOTE: Access to this needs to be controlled on a user basis. Students should not have free access at all times...
    Design intent:
    • Client Side Experience:
      • Controller (perhaps touch screen device) provides access to the media and controls what is played and where it is played (locally on the controller as a preview or on the Monitor).
      • Monitor - (LCD TV / or other connected via IP on network or to controller?)
      • User Authentication required (to access the media library) looking to Active Directory (LDAP) for permissions.
    • Server Side Experience:
      • Manage All Client Devices (Add, Remove, Schedule, IP Assignments, etc...)
      • Client Statistics (see history, current, and other statistical data)
      • Media Management (Add, Delete, Approve, other)
      • User Accounts (This is for the management of this media system only. Access is controlled by Active Directory permissions and provided through LDAP).
    Your mention of the "cloud" only implies the physical concept for the media server using vmware (or other virtualization app) to host a Server image and manage data thru-put. Right? Since the school is exploring a purchase of a new server loaded with RAM - This may be a good idea...Any throughts from anyone else?

Did I leave anything out?

candlemaker, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Media Creator does not allow choice of media

Broken Windows Media Player

Hi,

Have you tried running the troubleshooter for WMP? If not, we suggest that you try to run the troubleshooter and
    see if it helps. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on
      Programs.

• Under
      Media
      Player, click on
      Windows Media Player Settings
      and
      Windows Media Player Library.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Media Creator does not allow choice of media

1. Media Creator does not allow choice of media - Similar Threads - Media Creator does

2. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  3. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    media creator tool: Trouble shooting qustion1, Has anyone else had issues installing win10 or 11 on a B550m main board with a Ryzen5600G processor? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-tool/afc4e260-717a-427c-bce4-682386b57f71
  4. media creator tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. media creator install failed

media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  6. media creator install failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    media creator install failed: I tried to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 using media creator tool. I get a error message install failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-creator-install-failed/1f4e35a2-b2b6-4b0e-88bb-63af5440686f
  7. Windows media creator to

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows media creator to: I downloaded the Windows media creator tool tto a formated external hard drive from my working computer. I ran setup. I went into DOS on mcomputer and change it yo buut from usb. I turned it off and plugged in the external hard drive. And then turned the nonworking computer...
  8. does the media tool allow upgrade

does the media tool allow upgrade: The media tool will do a fresh install of windows 10. But if someone only wants to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10, does it do it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-the-media-tool-allow-upgrade/d132c67d-c641-4991-932b-bdbe4aff504a
  9. Windows 10 Media Creator

Windows 10 Media Creator: On or about July 9th 2019 Windows did an update to my laptop, that is where my problems started! I created a "system restore point" before the update had gone through the "restart" in anticipation of a problem, well not to disappoint Windows 10 came through again! The...
  10. Media Creator Question

Media Creator Question: I haven't used MC in a long time now and I have been wondering. Will it download the ISO with the latest build? (1709 or 1803 is fine). Because I don't really want to wait for my laptop to update for a whole day because I'd be really wasting my time. 110492