Windows 10: Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

Discus and support Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off" in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I will go straight to the point here guys, I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Foli, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Foli Win User

Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

Hello,

I will go straight to the point here guys,

I need WMP and I have installed Windows 10 Pro N recently (since my university gives free keys)
    I went to the windows download section in the website and downloaded the Media features Pack!

The problem is, after I installed it I went to "turn windows features off and on" to check it and play music in my wmp
    and it was not there! There is no "Media Features" option like it is supposed to have. I tryed:

Reinstalling, did not work because windows said it was there already
    Rebooting, nothing changed,
    Running wmp Fix,
    Ran SFc /scannow, nothing was found

I would really appreciate if someone really good came and said that I missed something really simple.

Thank you.

:)

Foli, Dec 8, 2015

2. How to download Windows Media Player 12 on Windows 10

Open CONTROL PANEL, select PROGRAMS AND FEATURES in the top left corner select "turn Windows Features on and Off" when the window opens scroll down to "Media" and click on "Media Player". Back out, restart and you should have WMP

Garry Montgomery, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Media Feature Pack on\off option, doesnt appear in control panel

Hi,

To turn on/off the Media Feature Pack, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key. Type Programs, then select
      Program and Features.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, click Turn Windows features on or off in the left pane.
    • Under Windows Features, scroll down to look for Media Features.
    • Uncheck Media Features to turn off.

Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off" [​IMG]

For more information, please check my post in this thread regarding Media Feature Pack.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Riel Alc, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

WMP (Windows Media Player) is available by default in Windows 10:
    All apps/Windows Accessories
    Are you, perhaps, referring to Windows Media Center?

Edwin, Dec 8, 2015
  5. davidhk Win User
    Foli,
    Please disregard what I wrote earlier. I did not pay attention to the fact that you have a Windows 10 N version.
    My apology.
    Can you find Windows Media Player under All apps > alphabet W > is it listed there ?

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  6. davidhk Win User
    If you go to Turn Windows features On or Off, you should be able to find Windows Media Player.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  8. Foli Win User

Hello davidhk and Edwin, and thank you so much for such a quick response!

About the WMP coming as a default program, I have installed windows 10 Pro N which unfortunately does not include Media Features, or WMP.
    I tried to download the Windows media pack to add wmp to my windows 10

the problem is that after I install the pack and go to "Turn windows features On and Off" like davidhk pointed out

The is no "Media Features" option there. it simply does not exist, and that is what is driving me insane =[

And if I try to reinstall "windows media features pack" the installer says it is already here although it is clearly not.

And the reason why I need media player so badly is that it is needed to run another program. So unfortunately, using another player is not possible.
    Thanks again

Foli, Dec 8, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    What if you type windows media player in the search bar next to Start button ?
    Will it appear at the top of the popup box ?

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  10. Foli Win User
    Nope

11. davidhk Win User
    Sorry, I can help you any further.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2015
  12. Foli Win User
    Don't worry davidhk. Thank you for your time!

13. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off"

Slartybart, Dec 8, 2015
  14. Foli Win User
    Hello Slartybart, thanks for the reply,

Yes I have installed both with no success, media features still does not show in the turn windows features on and off.

Thank you

15. The EU law dictate that MS cannot not include media features in Windows for sale.

I wonder if you could install standard Win10 now that your 'N' install is activated

Technically the device is 'digital entitled' for Windows 10, so you might be able to install without specifying the key
    I'm not sure though

Slartybart, Dec 12, 2015
Thema:

1. Media Features in "Turn windows features on and off" - Similar Threads - Media Features Turn

2. Turn Windows features on or off error:

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows features on or off error:: Selected to turn on Windows Hypervisor Platform in the Windows features and by screen is stuck on Searching for required files. What should i do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-error/15e359b1-ef43-4713-bbdf-4364f2d4f56d
  3. Turn Windows Features on or off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn Windows Features on or off?: When I go to turn on some of the Windows features and click "Ok" they automatically turn themselves back off. And vice versa. Any way to stop this from happening? Am I doing something wrong?...
  4. Turn Windows Features On or Off

Turn Windows Features On or Off: Some time ago, I messed with the option of turning Windows features on or off. I was wondering what the default features are, and maybe which ones I should have on. If it helps, I have a FLEX 4-1470. Thanks....
  5. Turn windows features on or off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn windows features on or off: Every time i try to play this one game one my computer a message pops up. “An app on your PC needs the following Windows feature: Collecting feature detail.” Under it shows “-> Install this feature”(which is gray and not clickable) and “-> Skip this installation”(thats blue...
  6. Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off

Permission to turn Windows Features On and Off: I need to turn off Isolated User Mode,but when i open OptionalFeatures.exe,it gives this message. Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file.You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item. Any help?...
  7. turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......

turn windows features on or off .... features problems .......: no option …… here what can I do ???[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-windows-features-on-or-off-features-problems/a096cbff-d166-4258-aca7-276e271d300b
  8. Turn Windows Features on or off Blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Turn Windows Features on or off Blank: Trying to run Age of Empires 3 and getting error code: 0x800F0831. Apparently I need to access Turn Windows Features on or off to fix this problem, but it comes up blank no matter what I try. Windows version is 10.0.16299. Thanks....
  9. Turn on/off features blank

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turn on/off features blank: Hi all, really stumped on this one device is a windows 10 surface tablet (LTSB), that was working fine on a domain. Linked to a WSUS, and has sccm installed. I went into windows turn windows features on and off and enabled asp.net 4.5 or was it 4.6 and rebooted, now...
  10. Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problem with "Turn Windows features on and off": Hello ! In order to play an old game, I need to activate the DirectPlay feature. I tried to do it through the graphical interface "Turn Windows features on and off" but it failed (and it is the same whatever the feature I try to modify). I tried to do it in command lines...