Windows 10: Media Installation tool on Linux

Discus and support Media Installation tool on Linux in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Want to clean install Win10 on SSD. Running on Linux CD presently. How do I get Media Installation tool if running Linux? 84801 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mayagrafix, May 17, 2017.

1. Media Installation tool on Linux

Want to clean install Win10 on SSD. Running on Linux CD presently. How do I get Media Installation tool if running Linux?

:)

Mayagrafix, May 17, 2017

2. windows 10

I'm having trouble finding the media creation tool that works with LINUX

JESSEPALEN, May 17, 2017
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Time Lady, May 17, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Media Installation tool on Linux

The MCT/Media Creation Tool is Windows-based, will only install on Windows. I tried to get an .iso using my Linux and it needed either Internet Explorer 11 or Edge to do so, not possible to run either directly on Linux. Probably would need something like Wine that allows running some Windows-based programs. Best bet would be to have someone upload an .iso file of 3GB-4.5GB size which could be used by a DVD burning program to create the bootable DVD for installing. Some folks use DropBox for uploading large files and there's others, so far I haven't needed them as I have my own Domain and can upload files to it. Since you have Windows on a computer use that to get the MCT to download the .iso file.

Note: your system information says OS: WinX, you would be best served to type Win10 so as to eliminate possible confusion with WinXP. Apple appears to have gotten away from Mac OS X with their latest macOS [named Sierra], probably to eliminate the possible confusion between X and 10.

Berton, May 17, 2017
  5. SIW2 Win User
    Did you try downloading an iso? Worked fine for me. The media creation tool page switches to download iso if you are running Linux.

Media Installation tool on Linux [​IMG]

SIW2, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Media Installation tool on Linux

1. Media Installation tool on Linux - Similar Threads - Media Installation tool

2. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  3. Media Creation Tool Not Installing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing: I downloaded Media Creation Tool to a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional OS the laptop is capable of being 64 bit. When I tried to install program, I got an error code: 0x80072F8F-0x20000. I have another laptop that cam with Windows 10, so I need to make a bootable USB because my...
  4. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  5. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Media creation tool not installing windows

Media creation tool not installing windows: Hello, I’ve tried to install windows 10 to my computer on a m.2 ssd drive. I had windows on a slow hard drive but deleted it with the tool whilst installing. The problem during the install is quite odd. After selecting the drive for the install and creating partitions...
  8. Media Creation tool won't install

Media Creation tool won't install: I have been experiencing an issue while trying to install the media creation tool for some time now. Each time I attempt at installing it, it gives me an error saying that they are unsure of what the issue is, and gives me a code 0x80200013 - 0x90019. There are a couple...
  9. Media Creation Tool installation media query

Media Creation Tool installation media query: Hi all, When Microsoft release a new Windows 10 version, A few days after release I always go to the Microsoft website, download the ISO and create a bootable USB flash drive and store it safely in case I need it for a clean install in the future. I did that with version 1903...
  10. Media Tool installation boot issue

Media Tool installation boot issue: I'm trying to upgrade to Windows 10 from 7 and used the media creation tool on my usb flash drive. I've changed the fast boot option in my bios to disabled. When I run the program, I choose not to check for updates now, because I've already been through it on this Windows....