Windows 10: Media PC lost all sound suddenly

Discus and support Media PC lost all sound suddenly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hope someone can help with this: have a media PC outputting to a TV through HDMI, both sound and picture. Worked fine up until yesterday, was ok in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harrymanback, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Media PC lost all sound suddenly

Hope someone can help with this: have a media PC outputting to a TV through HDMI, both sound and picture. Worked fine up until yesterday, was ok in afternoon, turned on in evening and no sound, picture is fine still. Don't know if anything was updated when it turned on as it wasn't me that booted it up.

In the Playback tab of the Sound panel I have the TV listed, going through AMD High Definition Audio, which is the built in graphics chip. There is no activity in the output bar shown there on the right when things are playing. If I try and do any Test of sounds it instantly says Failed to Play Test Tone. Same happens if I try a Test on the Realtek Digital Output which is the onboard sound, but then nothing is plugged in to that so I don't know if that's as it should be.

Device manager says everything working ok. Any suggestions?

EDIT: if I try the Windows troubleshooter it says "Plug in the Speaker, Headset or Headphone. The Device does not appear to be plugged in."

:)

harrymanback, Oct 19, 2016
  2. Samm8455 Win User

Sound not working

My Inspiron One has suddenly lost all sound. How do I get the sound up again?

Samm8455, Oct 19, 2016
  3. I can't play my music on Windows 10

Hi,

I downloaded Windows 10 today. Suddenly I can't play any of my music files that used to play just fine on Windows 7 & Windows Media Player. Media Player seems to be installed but when I click on to a track a red cross appears beside it.

I seem to have lost all sound, too.

Thank you

Nick Le Mesurier, Oct 19, 2016
  4. Media PC lost all sound suddenly

Tried reinstalling sound drivers with no effect, but did a system roll back and that fixed it. No idea which update was responsible so will probably happen again mind...

harrymanback, Oct 19, 2016
Thema:

Media PC lost all sound suddenly

1. Media PC lost all sound suddenly - Similar Threads - Media lost sound

2. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  3. my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my computer suddenly plays system sounds but no media sounds: i checked to make sure my speakers arent muted but it plays the typical windows sounds but going to youtube/spotify/fb/twitter videos and music dont play sound. even with headphones in it is muted. i also tried running the system checker and it said audio was just fine but it...
  4. KB5014019 update lost all sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5014019 update lost all sound: Installed this update, this AM, and lost all my sound. I ran the W11 sound trouble shooter and restored my sound. This the first time in 7 years using Dell computers with W10 and W11 that I ever had this problem. What gives?...
  5. KB5014019 update lost all sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5014019 update lost all sound: Installed this update, this AM, and lost all my sound. I ran the W11 sound trouble shooter and restored my sound. This the first time in 7 years using Dell computers with W10 and W11 that I ever had this problem. What gives?...
  6. My pc lost sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc lost sound.: My windows 10 pc lost sound. It appears that the network management stops loading the sound drivers. I deleted the drivers, hoping rebooting will help loading updated sound drivers, but there is no result. Now I don't have sound drivers intel and realtech?...
  7. Lost all sound.

Lost all sound.: Split from this thread. Lost all sound. No input or output to audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-sound/98240b89-88a9-4155-87f3-d82d00b8895b
  8. Lost all sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all sound: My laptop has lost all sound. There is no audio file The Realtek HD sst file has been removed from the laptop. How do I get these files back. Using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-sound/cf5d8aeb-876f-45ae-86ce-1d82b16c2bd6
  9. Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound

Media Player Classic - suddenly no sound: Until yesterday, Media Player Classic was working perfectly. Now there is no sound, and I can see that there is a small cross (x) next to the speaker icon in the bottom right hand corner. I've tried everything, but can't get the sound back. I have no sound issues with other...
  10. Have no sound at all suddenly lost it.

Have no sound at all suddenly lost it.: Have lost sound cannot play CDs or have sound when using U Tube. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-no-sound-at-all-suddenly-lost-it/46b91c62-0174-4ddf-8c71-0bf84e0199ac